Best NFL Helmets

stlfan452

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, all of my favorites (except for one and the expansion) have been supplanted by newer/updated designs. So here's my current top five:

5. Packers. (Yes, only five - I'm no homer)

4. Seahawks (why didn't they keep it silver? One of the best helmets ever before going blue)

3. Texans. A first-rate logo.

2. Cardinals. Just a classic.

1. Rams. The original and best, althrough I preferred the old blue-gold colors.

All time NFL favorite: Redskins spear

All time any-pro favorite: Michigan Panthers.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Favorite Current: Bengals

Favorite Ever: Bucco Bruce.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Panthers without a doubt - best logo and helmet in the game. Would look better on a black helmet outlined in silver and blue.

Here's a reshuffle of the '96 expansion teams:

Carolina: Home: Black helmet, logo outlined in silver, present jersey, white pants (or silver) at home with blue stripe (as present). Away: White jersey, blue pants or black pants

Jacksonville: Metallic gold helmet with Jag outlined in black, black jersey, metallic gold pants with Jag type pattern for both shoulder striping and pants striping. Teal used as highlight color.

And . . top ten all time football helmets (regardless of league)

Carolina Panthers

Birmingham Fire

Barcelona Dragons

Toronto Argos (Jason the Argo)

LA Rams

New Orleans Saints

Oakland Invaders

Berlin Thunder

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Sharks

In no particular order, the Eagles (current), the Bucs (current), the Broncos (current), the Titans, and the Patriots (95-99).

Honorable mention: Texans (best logo in the league), the Seahawks (current), and the Niners (current)

I loved the old Seahawks helmets, and like their new blue ones almost as much. I also like teams like the Rams, Vikings, Breakers, etc, that really get more creative than a basic logo. The Iowa Barnstormers would be up there for originality in the AFL.

I can't say I cared for the old Seattle helmets.... that bird looked like he was contemplating suicide.

Archived