1).NEW YORK GIANTS:1961-'74-the dark royal blue shell with a bright red stripe

plus a pale gray facemask.it's cool but the "NY"

could be a tad bigger imo though.

2).PITTSBURGH STEELERS:1963-now-that was an ingenious design!!!!The black

shell w/a yellow stripe.I prefer the black mask,

but i don't mind the gray one though.

3).CLEVELAND BROWNS:1960's-now-I know they dont have a helmet,but they

worked it very well though.You can go with either

a WHT or GRY facemask.I don't which one.

4).CHICAGO BEARS:1970's-now-The deep navy blue helmet+the orange "C" is

cool,but it can be somewhat bigger IMO though.

I prefer the dark navy blue facemask.

5).JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS:1995-now-the cat's head can be slightly bigger+a

more brighter shade of gold.Otherwise,it's a

simple but an effective design though.

6).NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS:1960's-'89-NE would maybe no.1 or 2 if they kept the

facemask either in WHT or GRY+Patriot Pat is a

very cool design IMO though.

7).DENVER BRONCOS:1968-'96-The bright royal blue helmet+the reddish- orange "D" with the horse is pretty tight though.

8).SAN DIEGO CHARGERS:1974-'87-the dark blue shell+the yellow lightning bolt

with the matching facemask is a pretty sweet

looking piece of headgear to look at.

9).BUFFALO BILLS:1974-83'-I don't mind the current charging blue bison with a red

streaking stripe+the blue/red/blue stripe on the white

shell is pretty cool headgear.I HATE the red bison.

10).MIAMI DOLPHINS:1997-now-I'm down with the NEW look fish,but the navy blue

trim can be thinner.The aquamarine/orange color

scheme is quite unique IMO though.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

1)KANSAS CITY CHIEFS:imple but effective.put SOME yellow on trim though.

2).SAN FRAN. 49ERS: don't mind the current logo,but the stripe would've been

dark red/white/dark red+the gray facemask.

3).MINN.VIKINGS:1961-90's-I don't mind purple,but it should be darker....NOT

this bright girlish shade they use right now.

4).CINCINNATI BENGALS:1981-now-The tiger stripe design is pretty sweet +

a modern design that was trendy for it's heyday though.

5).HOUSTON OILERS:1980-'96-that was a pretty cool looking helmet for its time,

but yet still has its tradional merit.I MISS YA though.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

My top 10 -

1. Rams - no logo logo or design will ever work better on a helmet. perfect fit

2. Raiders - just great

3. Vikings - perfect idea for a helmet for the subject

4. Bengals - " " " " " "

5. Seahawks - just a great looking logo, perfect for a helmet..great colors

6. Chargers - no better way to put lightning on a helmet in my opinion

7. Chiefs - something really cool about those arrowheads on red with a black outline

8. Steelers - logo on one side makes it cool and unique. classic cool old school.

9. Browns - it's cool somehow even though there's nothing on it.

10. Cardinals - now that they've redesigned their logo it makes work. looks great on white.

My bottom 10 - worst on top

1. Packers - looks like vomit

2. Jets - " " " "

3. Panthers - Big thick necked panther way too big and stupid diverging stripes on top.

4. Bears - just too plain.

5. Ravens - big nasty looking, goofy bird with letter b jammed into it. dumb purple stripe on top

6. Bills - doesn't work on red and what's with all the stripes on top....way too many.

7. Titans - just doesn't work on white to me...

8. Eagles - the wings look too cartoony.

9. Giants - it's supposed to be a classic, but unlike the steelers and browns...it doesn't look good

10. Jaguars - could be cool, but it looks like it's disapearing into the black too much.

The Eagles' helmet is at the top of my list followed closely by Seattle, Houston, Washington and (believe it or not) Detroit.

Skyaa1 mentioned his desire to see the Rams' gold horn outlined in white. Interestingly enough, such a design was proposed to a focus group back in 1998 when the team started its redesign process. I used to work with one of the focus group members and he told me at the time that the helmet was not well received as most people felt that such a design made the helmet just a bit too busy. The outline (which he described as having a " car pinstripe" thickness to it) was set off slightly from the horn as opposed to being a continguous outline and it "weighed down" the helmet. Apparently, the move from the yellow (which the team casually referred to as Ticonderoga Pencil Yellow) to millenium gold was pushed by the focus group and not by the team. The team officials involved with the focus group expressed concern that metallic gold was a signature color of the 49ers and might not sit well with long time Ram fans. Apparently, a number of the focus group members told the suits that the Rams needed to get away from the Northern California-Southern California rivalry thing and concentrate on their Midwestern fan base - a fan base that equates dark blue and gold with a successful and legendary collegiate football program in nearby South Bend, Indiana. Apparently the team finally saw it their way and thus the color change was approved.

Sorry for the digression, but I thought some might find that interesting.

My bottom 10 - worst on top

1. Packers - looks like vomit

2. Jets - " " " "

3. Panthers - Big thick necked panther way too big and stupid diverging stripes on top.

4. Bears - just too plain.

5. Ravens - big nasty looking, goofy bird with letter b jammed into it. dumb purple stripe on top

6. Bills - doesn't work on red and what's with all the stripes on top....way too many.

7. Titans - just doesn't work on white to me...

8. Eagles - the wings look too cartoony.

9. Giants - it's supposed to be a classic, but unlike the steelers and browns...it doesn't look good

10. Jaguars - could be cool, but it looks like it's disapearing into the black too much.

Packers, I don't see how it looks like vomit. I think the use of yellow (and calling it gold) is unique for the NFL and it certainly jumps at me whenever I see the helmet in a bunch. Logo, not so good, but the helmet is good.

Also the Eagles' wings look cartoony, and the horns on Minnesota's helmet do not?

The Rams of course. :P

(Ok, best helmet that would not get me called a homer would be the Raiders IMO).

Best helmet alltime in any league (IMO): Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers of the USFL.

BreakersHelmet.gif

Amen brother. Actually the USFL had a few other helmets in addition to the Breakers that were cool too.

Michigan Panthers, Jacksonville Bulls, and Arizona Wranglers all come to mind. I found much of the USFL at least tried to do something different and original.

As for the NFL while I love my Patriots, I'm still more partial to their previous "Pat Patriot" in his 3-point stance over the current Flying Elvis. At least that looked like a football logo.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The Eagles' helmet is at the top of my list followed closely by Seattle, Houston, Washington and (believe it or not) Detroit.

Skyaa1 mentioned his desire to see the Rams' gold horn outlined in white. Interestingly enough, such a design was proposed to a focus group back in 1998 when the team started its redesign process. I used to work with one of the focus group members and he told me at the time that the helmet was not well received as most people felt that such a design made the helmet just a bit too busy. The outline (which he described as having a " car pinstripe" thickness to it) was set off slightly from the horn as opposed to being a continguous outline and it "weighed down" the helmet. Apparently, the move from the yellow (which the team casually referred to as Ticonderoga Pencil Yellow) to millenium gold was pushed by the focus group and not by the team. The team officials involved with the focus group expressed concern that metallic gold was a signature color of the 49ers and might not sit well with long time Ram fans. Apparently, a number of the focus group members told the suits that the Rams needed to get away from the Northern California-Southern California rivalry thing and concentrate on their Midwestern fan base - a fan base that equates dark blue and gold with a successful and legendary collegiate football program in nearby South Bend, Indiana. Apparently the team finally saw it their way and thus the color change was approved.

Sorry for the digression, but I thought some might find that interesting.

did a focus group also tell them to lose the gold side panel? Because that was a great decision.

PvO6ZWJ.png

All 32 Best to Worst NFL Helmets

1) Eagles, 2) Broncos, 3) Rams, 4) Seahawks,

5) Bengals, 6) Texans, 7) Vikings, 8) Buccaners,

9) Lions, 10) Steelers, 11) 49ers 12) Jaguars,

13) Cowboys, 14) Browns, 15) Bills, 16) Patriots,

17) Chiefs, 18) Falcons, 19) Panthers, 20) Saints,

21) Cardinals, 22) Chargers, 23) Dolphins, 24) Ravens,

25) Redskins, 26) Bears, 27) Titans, 28) Packers,

29) Raiders, 30) Colts, 31) Giants, 32) Jets

My Top Five

5 -- TampaBayBuccaneersAuthenticProLine.jpg

Pewter is not a color you see everyday. Swords, pirates, flags, pewter... what a combination!

4 -- PittsburghSteelersAuthenticProLine.jpg

Such a classic look. Old school at its best.

3 -- CincinnatiBengalsAuthenticProLine.jpg

Love the imitation of tiger stripes. Wouldn't be the Bengals without these. One question though... will they replace the helmet numbers of players recently arrested with their respective inmate booking numbers?

2 -- AtlantaFalconsAuthenticProLine.jpg

This helmet has fast written all over it. I love speed, the pace not the drug. If it were red it would be even better, perhaps number 1 on my list...

1 -- PhiladelphiaEaglesAuthenticProLine.jpg

... or not. Metallic green/silver/gray/black color and wings on the helmet. Not too many teams have a helmet decal and logo that are not only different, but fit the theme of the Eagles. Everything is right about this except for the black jerseys, but thats a whole other story.

Honorable mention

Cleveland Browns -- I don't know about everyone else, but when I see this helmet I get hungry. Orange is a great color and when they have home games it reminds me of Halloween, my favorite holiday. It's a treat to watch Bengals vs Browns highlights on EPSN. It's even more sweet to watch Eagles' games and highlights though.

Maybe that's why there's so many overweight people in Cleveland. :P

I like any helmet better when they use that new sparkle paint.

I'd forgotten to give the Broncos some credit. They have one of the best logos, and a unique stripe. Plus, navy and orange is a great color combination.

The Lions' logo always bothered me a bit. When I was a kid, I couldn't quite make out what the form was and thought the Lion had a gigantic head (with the arms being its opened mouth).

Remember that proposed Lions helmet from a few years' back? It was silver with blue and black trim and featured a decal of a Lions' head roaring? I liked that, and thought it would have complemented the re-design of the uniforms much better than simply adding a few black outlines to the old helmets.

All 32 Best to Worst NFL Helmets

1) Eagles, 2) Broncos, 3) Rams, 4) Seahawks,

5) Bengals, 6) Texans, 7) Vikings, 8) Buccaners,

9) Lions, 10) Steelers, 11) 49ers 12) Jaguars,

13) Cowboys, 14) Browns, 15) Bills, 16) Patriots,

17) Chiefs, 18) Falcons, 19) Panthers, 20) Saints,

21) Cardinals, 22) Chargers, 23) Dolphins, 24) Ravens,

25) Redskins, 26) Bears, 27) Titans, 28) Packers,

29) Raiders, 30) Colts, 31) Giants, 32) Jets

nyk... from the looks of your name you must be from New York or a fan of some New York team. The fact that you list the Giants and Jets as the two worst NFL helmets is ironic... as ironic as the cow-knight with a suede covered shield on the 2006 Chick-fil-a calendar.

Well, the Jets helmet is horrible, in my opinion.... But I like the Giants', and I usually can't stand this "retro" garbage. My only problem with it is the fact that the team is the New York GIANTS and the letters in their logo are lowercase.

Im sorry but no team in the league :censored: on this.....best helmet in football, EVER!

houston_texans_helmet.gif

Funny thing is, you can say the exact opposite when your talking about the actual football team. They are :censored: in every sense of the word.....

NYCdog.png

Archived