Arizona Wildcats

jimsimo

I don't know what looks worse--a bad "modern" design or the mixture of a bad "modern" design and a good traditional design.

The pants could be remainders from the "old days" but the team uses them in practice. I remember when BYU made the change to navy, they still used the royal unis in practice for at least a year. In fact, they used their royal overcoat/bathrobe/cloak things in the winter for the year after the change (very tacky I might add).

This could be another case of the team recycling the old unis to save a buck or two. I could be wrong.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I don't know what looks worse--a bad "modern" design or the mixture of a bad "modern" design and a good traditional design.

Yep, if you're going to change, you've got to go all the way! That's the reason the Bills and Lions re-designs were so poor. The teams tried to jazz up their previous uniforms without making significant changes to the logos and helmets.

Sometimes, you can update an older look and succeed (Seahawks, 49ers, Dolphins, Eagles, etc.), but you can't cut corners.

I wonder what was wrong with Zona's old look? It was unique to them and very identifiable. I especially liked the red-white-blue striping.

University of Arizona's old uniforms looked like an Auburn rip-off. The new one's would be ok if they'd lose that Miami color strip on the back of the jersey.

Archived