NFL Helmet redesign project

Dave Ship

Football helmets always have fascinate me since i was a child. The axl007 amazing template has been like a spark to start this new project.

This project will take a long way to came, so if somebody wanna help me out...

Arizona Cardinals

Uniform

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

Washington Redskins

Dallas Cowboys

New England Patriots

Green Bay Packers

Jacksonville Jaguars

Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Oakland Raiders

New York Giants

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how I feel about the helmet. It's hard to tell if they're supposed to be wings or the back half of their current logo.

As far as the uniform goes, they're great. As said, probably the best use of the state flag in a cardinals uniform. However, it does beg the question, why are people so obsessed with incorporating the state flag into the cardinals' unis? You don't see very many people coming out with flag-themed designs for the diamondbacks.

wow. something we dont see here that often, a completely fresh new idea. i have to say the front part of the helmet is kinda weird, and even though this isnt an improvement, its still very interesting

nice job. good execution.

Fresh new idea? It's clearly derived from the Eagles' helmet design. I'm not saying that it's bad or to be unkind, just calling it as I see it.

Not feeling the idea either because it works with wings but not so well with the bird's head. It would make more sense to me if the red covered a large part of the helmet and came to a peak in the back like a cardinal's head does. Kind of take what you have on there and make it really big.

Now as for the uni's you've linked to...wow! Those are terrific, far better than what the Cardinals are wearing now and an upgrade even over their classic old look.

Being a Saints fan I naturally checked out those uni's on your site. Not bad, though the jerseys have kind of an "external flak jacket" look to them due to the colored side panels.

I have an idea for a Saints concept myself, and while I enjoy this site tremendously, I never really thought of doing one until now. For one thing, I offer C&C regularly and should be willing to, so to speak, get out of the cheap seats and onto the field. If I'm critiquing others' work, maybe it's time to do some of my own.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about the helmet. It's hard to tell if they're supposed to be wings or the back half of their current logo.

As far as the uniform goes, they're great. As said, probably the best use of the state flag in a cardinals uniform. However, it does beg the question, why are people so obsessed with incorporating the state flag into the cardinals' unis? You don't see very many people coming out with flag-themed designs for the diamondbacks.

Probably because they wore it before

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I really like the Dolphins concept...good color usage. The Cardinals helmet is a bit Philadelphia Eagles for my taste. It still looks good though.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I, too, am digging the Dolphins one...great usage of the colors...I feel the same way most do with the Cards though...I guess maybe going with a red, like in your portfolio design, or a black would have served it better...but good show for stepping out there with it!! I can't wait for the Cowboys (just please don't do it like the one in your portfolio...I'm soooo not digging the blue trim :D )

CIDesignSig.png

I really like the helmet striping for the dolphins, I've never seen anything quite like that before. While the color works by itself, I'm torn on how it works with the logo. The dolphin seems to kind of get lost with all the teal around it. This is noticeable only because against a white background, the dolphins have one of the most vibrant logos in teh NFL.

the dolphins helmet is money

Absolutely. The only complaint is that I'd like to see the stripes go straight through.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Huge DOLPHINS fan here, and I'm still not sold on this helmet.

Great elements, but not enough contrast.

i'd like to see more ORANGE . I also don't like helmets that are the same colour as the dark shirt, don't you go stick it with a matching pair or pants, they become big walking popsicles.

I was happy with the Dolphins introducing some Navy into their look.

regardless of these details, it is still some awesome work.

Were they to wear it, it would probably grow on me.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived