Dallas Wearing Throwbacks Tonight

ahub

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love throwbacks, especially the Dallas ones. I wish the Saints would follow suit.

By the way, have any other teams recently worn throwbacks in the preseason? Just a question I'm throwing out there.

AM.gif

Not only are they wearing throwbacks, but some of the jerseys (Marion Barber and Julius Jones) have the "Cowboys" script just below the neckline, while Terry Glenn doesn't have an NFL Equipment patch on his jersey.

as for saints helmets--i know that the logo is smaller this year...here's my question--are the numerals on the back of the helmet different this year as well? on the outer stripes the gold numbers? looks new to me but what do i know...

everton.png

saints are home team tonight and wearing white. is this a sign that they might think of wearing white at home this season? i would welcome that change!

Quite a few teams only wear white in preseason, to make the first time they wear the home jerseys (ostensibly the first home game of the season) seem more special. It's possible the Saints are saving their black jerseys for their first true home game in 2 years, on September 25.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

saints are home team tonight and wearing white. is this a sign that they might think of wearing white at home this season? i would welcome that change!

The announce crew made note of the fact that it's hotter then hell out there so I think the Saints wore white for that reason more then anything else.

saints are home team tonight and wearing white.  is this a sign that they might think of wearing white at home this season?  i would welcome that change!

Quite a few teams only wear white in preseason, to make the first time they wear the home jerseys (ostensibly the first home game of the season) seem more special. It's possible the Saints are saving their black jerseys for their first true home game in 2 years, on September 25.

It was noted that it was 100+ degrees in Shreveport today. That could have something to do with them wearing white...

In fact, I just looked it up - game-time temp was 97 with a dew point of 66... That's a heat index of 102, and that's at 7 p.m.

Moose

as for saints helmets--i know that the logo is smaller this year...here's my question--are the numerals on the back of the helmet different this year as well? on the outer stripes the gold numbers? looks new to me but what do i know...

Actually the logo's been smaller for 5 or 6 seasons now. And no, those helmet numbers aren't new or different. I shot this 2 years ago at Lambeau - same size fleur-de-lis, same helmet numbers.

Note Aaron Brooks' full name is on his jersey because they had a received named Ahmad Brooks on the roster at the time. After Ahmad was released, Aaron's jersey name was back to Brooks.

HuddleUp-1.jpg

As for tonight's performance by the Saints, this isn't me but he must have been watching them also...

disgusted.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

QUOTE (whitedawg22 @ Monday, August 21st, 2006 - 21:17:40)

QUOTE (statebully @ Monday, August 21st, 2006 - 22:13:13)

It was noted that it was 100+ degrees in Shreveport today. That could have something to do with them wearing white...

In fact, I just looked it up - game-time temp was 97 with a dew point of 66... That's a heat index of 102, and that's at 7 p.m.

Moose

However guys the Saints are wearing the white jerseys at home in the end of October against the Bengals. The Bengals list the black jersey as the jersey they will be wearing for that game on their website. So that's where I think people are coming to the conclusion that Saints might be thinking about doing that all season.

Actually the logo's been smaller for 5 or 6 seasons now. And no, those helmet numbers aren't new or different. I shot this 2 years ago at Lambeau - same size fleur-de-lis, same helmet numbers.

Note Aaron Brooks' full name is on his jersey because they had a received named Ahmad Brooks on the roster at the time. After Ahmad was released, Aaron's jersey name was back to Brooks.

HuddleUp-1.jpg

As for tonight's performance by the Saints, this isn't me but he must have been watching them also...

disgusted.JPG

Was that a preseason game or the blowout last year?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

As bad as the Saints are likely going to be this year, it won't matter whether they are wearing black, white or polka-dot home jerseys. They won't have much of an advantage with any of them.

Wearing white at home (except for a early season warm weather game) is lame. The only team that should get a pass is Dallas, because they have done it continuously for so long.

It stinks when a team wears the same uniform for every single game in a season. Its boring.

Wearing white at home (except for a early season warm weather game) is lame. The only team that should get a pass is Dallas, because they have done it continuously for so long.

i disagree...there are several teams that just look better in white uniforms. Dallas, Washington, Miami, Carolina. yeah these teams have done it for awhile, but i still think white looks better for the saints

SignatureCCSL.png

I love it when teams wear white at home, but only when THEY are playing dallas, forcing them to wear their "unlucky" blue jerseys. If Dallas wants to be superstitious and dumb about the whole thing by wearing white all the time, other teams should be able to screw with them.

Archived