New Illinois Football Uniforms

illini1

Thanks illini1. I've been checking the galleries for this for a while.

I moved up here to Champaign on Saturday, but I hadn't found any good pictures yet.

I still hate em.

I could deal with crazy piping. But they they threw out the orange pants. And the piping doesn't line up unless they where all-one-color (and they clearly aren't gonna do that all the time). And the helmet is still traditionally striped.

They suck. They're awful. And while a part of me really wants to pick one of these up for as fan wear, I hate these on the players, and I don't know if I feel comfortable "supporting" the jerseys with my money.

The broke tradition and they broke design fundamentals. It's gross.

I've got nothing against a modern design. Just do it with the past in mind and with good design. This did niether.

Don't worry though. I'll find a way to talk to Ron Zook. More and more it's sounding like I might be able to actually (the student fan organization--Block I, which I'm a part of now, sounds like it may get those types of opportunities, but I dunno.) Anyways though, if I do, believe you me, I'll let him know my thoughts on what the Illini should be wearing.

They look better on the players than on the hangers. But they still suck.

The only thing that Nike did for us that I like was create the "Circle I" logo.

On a side note, there were some excellent Illini uniforms created on this site awhile back....searching....ah, here they are. Don't know if you all had a chance to see them, but take a look.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...l=illinois&st=0

Anybody else ever wonder how Nike can design fourteen new, unique uniforms for Oregon each year, but they give every other school the same damn templated jerseys to wear?

I'm so sick of Nike.

Anybody else ever wonder how Nike can design fourteen new, unique uniforms for Oregon each year, but they give every other school the same damn templated jerseys to wear?

I'm so sick of Nike.

Must be some sort of connection Nike's President has with Oregon.....

Archived