Madden 07

Botiger

Some of their errors are funny even if unforgivably stupid for people who supposed know football. For example, on Xbox at least, if you go to the tutorial for the new running controls, when the voiceover talks about the backwards juke, it twice refers to defensive players as "offenders." Maybe he's talking about the Bengals... :D

Plenty of alts for Xbox BTW, the hated Falcons have 13 uni combos. Currently I'm playing in the Superdome with the Saints in their '67 gold-numbers-on-white jerseys vs. the Falcons in their old red helmet/red jersey uni's. Just sacked Vick with Will Smith and have to admit I loved it when Vick's helmet flew off. Bwaaa haaa haaaa :P

So far, the offense is a LOT more fun to play vs. '05 (I only rented '06 briefly 'cause it sucked so bad).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got it yesterday. I noticed that if you switch the colors of shoes for players on the Bills, Browns and Giants from "solid" to "team color," they look almost exactly like black shoes in-game.

The Cardinals have black shoes, surprisingly.

I'm enjoying that new run-blocking feature, still trying to figure out how and when to use it... Overall, a pretty good game, better than I expected.

to all those playing on the 360 or wanting to play on the 360: do not buy the alternates or other material off of XBL Marketplace that should be in the game!. The temptation is strong, but you *must* not buy them because it is setting a precedent. Companies like EA see the sales and are using such information to decide on the next stage, what Microsoft loosely refer to as "consumables" - like the ability to pay for in-game gold in an RPG. Sending EA and other developers the message that such a policy is NOT what gamers want should be a big deal.

[/soap box]

as for the 360 version being gimped...I've said it before and I'll say it again, next year it'll be better because that's when all three next-gen systems will be out and EA are going to have to shift their focus to the next-gen and away from the PS2 and Xbox. They may legitimitely be taking hard time to work on the graphics and rendering engines on the 360, but seriously, EGM refers to fan pressure getting Superstar mode magically into the 360 version, so something fishy *must* be happening.

I'm going to check for a demo tonight, I want to see if this is something I'll play. otherwise, I'll just save more pennies for Winning Eleven '07.

harperdc.gif

I think that is the Nintendo Wii. That's too much crap for me to get involved into a video game.

I have a ? for the people with 360...if someone gets the alts, can you save them to a buddy's xbox or whatever? I'm a PS2 man and I've never even played the original xbox.

That's bs and I have a feeling that's the way games are gonna go. $500 for a system, $70 for a game, $20 to play the game the way YOU want. Sad.

KISSwall09.jpg

I noticed that the in game commentary is done like a radio broadcast and Maddens voice is not even included. How lazy has he gotten, the game now has almost no affiliation with him.

I don't know about that...........Practically the whole HOF edition is nothing but a promo for Madden.

i actully live in redwood city and from what i heard the game was made in canada for some dumb reason,but i heard the game has reported bugs on the 360,dont know what they are though

fluff THE DODGERS

GO GIANTS

I BLEED ORANGE AND BLACK

fluff THE COWBOYS AND RAIDERS

GO 49ERS

fluff CAL BEARS

GO STANFORD

The viks dont have their new helmet logo. as seen in this ss from my game.

fbviksaw6.png

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

First off, a gameplay on Madden 07... they have illegal onside kick formations in the game - they must have just copied from last year.

And now on to uniforms. I think they ought to redefine the uniforms as having three segments, the helmet, jersey, and pants. It'll let you use any parts of the uniform together that would have been used together. To use the Seahawks as an example...

Choosing a helmet: Either the current helmet or the throwback helmet.

Then, choosing a jersey: If the current blue helmet is chosen, it offers the two current jerseys. If the throwback silver helmet is chosen, it offers the two throwback jerseys.

Finally, choosing pants: If the current blue jersey is chosen, then the blue pants are defaulted. If the current white jersey is chosen, then the white pants are defaulted. (But you can choose the other ones). If the throwback jerseys are taken, it defaults to silver pants (and no option to choose).

Looks like they fixed the Cards and Bengals though, and they have the new NFL uniforms, but they need to make it a seven-man crew.

LvZYtbZ.png

That vikings pick is from PC.

I agree with the 3 segment uniform idea. Infact I even sent an email to EA like 3 or 4 years ago telling them pretty much that same idea.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

i actully live in redwood city and from what i heard the game was made in canada for some dumb reason,but i heard the game has reported bugs on the 360,dont know what they are though

I know EA Canada makes NHL and NBA, and Madden is in Tibouron

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

winning eleven does the three-layer deal, it's quite useful.

and yes, those look like the Wii controls, as that is clearly the Wii-mote. It at least will be interesting to play.

[militant soapbox] if you don't want to pay $70 for the game and then $20 for the online "add-ons"...don't pay now and prove that gamers don't want such things right now when they're still deciding policy! be proactive about it, hell, write letters to EA if you want. Or just don't buy Madden altogether. Vote with your dollars.

harperdc.gif

don't you think they will probably phase out xbox and ps2 from the madden stuff next year? trying to get us to upgrade systems?

No. I liken it to when the PS2 came out. PS games were around for another year or two before titles became limited, then none.

My prediction is the first run of games won't be the best. People will buy them cause they are new. Remember the first Madden on PS2 w/Eddie George? Then after a year or two, when people have a lot of choices, the games will be rockin'!

Me, being a sucker, will probably by all the PS3 stuff as soon as it comes out and then end up trading in my games for PS2 and old PS3 games for $5 each to buy Madden '08 :D

KISSwall09.jpg

I know EA Canada makes NHL and NBA, and Madden is in Tibouron

i'm pretty sure they made/make the MVP Baseball series in Vancouver too.

iGLssSH.png

Atlanta has 12 alternate uniforms.

What?

All I know for Atlanta's alt is the black jersey.

Alternate uniforms are a mix-and-match of the different jerseys, pants, shoes, helmets, and occasionally socks. There is a domain for ones that they still wear, and one for throwbacks.

So, for example, there is probably a black jersey with white pants, red socks, and black shoes with a black helmet; but you wouldn't see a new black jersey with an old red helmet.

If I recall correctly, Cincinatti has always had a lot, too.

Archived