Madden 07

Botiger

I haven't played it yet, but I see a trend here: X-Box 360 chops the features more than one would think it necessary. The alternates are not included but for download, and the Create-a-Team mode has been cut. Is this another Microsoft rush job? Or is it that they decide to sacrifice features and modes just so they can include extra anti-aliasing and player sweat?

It's NBA Live 06 all over again.

I may pick it up for PS2. Are the features (QB pass view and pass precision, hit stick, etc.) the same? Any new ones?

Microsoft? It's stictly laziness on EA's part. 2k games had all the features of current gen at launch, last year.

Untitled-1.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reluctantly picked it up last week(I'm an NCAA kinda guy), and I'm enjoying it greatly. I love how you can do the somersault into the endzone...might not be a new feaure, but the last Madden game I played was 2001(I think?....Eddie George on the cover). I like the NFL Superstar mode or whatever it's called. I haven't really gotten into it because you don't get to call your own plays or be anyone but yourself unless you're not in the game.

I haven't played it yet, but I see a trend here: X-Box 360 chops the features more than one would think it necessary. The alternates are not included but for download, and the Create-a-Team mode has been cut. Is this another Microsoft rush job? Or is it that they decide to sacrifice features and modes just so they can include extra anti-aliasing and player sweat?

It's NBA Live 06 all over again.

I may pick it up for PS2. Are the features (QB pass view and pass precision, hit stick, etc.) the same? Any new ones?

Microsoft? It's stictly laziness on EA's part. 2k games had all the features of current gen at launch, last year.

I was alluding to the claims that the XBox 360 itself was faulty because they had to rush to meet a release date. I know that EA has dropped the ball a few times and you're right, this is one of theirs.

Got it yesterday. I noticed that if you switch the colors of shoes for players on the Bills, Browns and Giants from "solid" to "team color," they look almost exactly like black shoes in-game.

The Cardinals have black shoes, surprisingly.

I'm enjoying that new run-blocking feature, still trying to figure out how and when to use it... Overall, a pretty good game, better than I expected.

Are you talkin for regular Xbox or 360? Cuz I thought someone else said you can't edit equipment for current players on 360? If this is true, then coupled with the lack of alternates it's almost enough to completely disuade me from buying the game.

From thebrushback.com:

"New, Overhauled Madden Game Comes With Completely Different Cover"

http://www.thebrushback.com/newmadden_full.htm

07 feels roughly the same as the previous version. The only differences I've noticed in gameplay are that the running backs have slightly better AI, making it easier to run the ball, and the catching animations are slightly better for WRs. That's about it.

EA's monopoly has ruined this game's progress. As someone who has owned every edition since 1997, I remember how every year many facets of the game used to be vastly improved- the graphics, the gameplay, new features like the hit stick, and more. Now it seems like they're just loading new rosters into the same engine and adding a few worthless tweaks like "Superstar Hall of Fame". It's retarded. If they want to do this, the NFL should make them sell 2007 rosters for the 2006 game for $20, because that's pretty much the only reason to buy the new one.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Are you talkin for regular Xbox or 360? Cuz I thought someone else said you can't edit equipment for current players on 360? If this is true, then coupled with the lack of alternates it's almost enough to completely disuade me from buying the game.

I have the game on PS2, and you can edit players, and there are alternate uniforms. I don't think the 360 version has either, though.

One thing that's annoying (but easy to get around) is that they still don't have the correct Giants white uniforms (last seen in 2004). The default Giants whites in the game are the ones that are just white with red numbers and a blue outline.

Fortunately, the white ones that the Giants went to are throwbacks, and are in the game as Alternate 5. However, since they already have it in there, i don't see why they just couldn't have made it the default.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

One thing that's annoying (but easy to get around) is that they still don't have the correct Giants white uniforms (last seen in 2004). The default Giants whites in the game are the ones that are just white with red numbers and a blue outline.

The default white uniforms have the the old jersey, (blue outline on numbers, blue collar) but with the reds sleeve stripes they use now. They also still have the "Giants" wordmark below the collar, instead of the newer "NY"

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived