Check Out My NFL Commercial

harva4

I just finished working on this short for the NFL and I would love to hear what you think. I love the community on this board, and I also have gained a lot from it (I used it to find out what uniforms to use for the Vikings and the Niners.)

I value your opinion, and I am just happy to give something back to the board. I don't write a lot, but I feel my work speaks for me. Thanks for looking, and please check it out. Thanks.

Nicely done.

And it finally makes sense - someone (Majikman??) posted a "trailer" of the ad that made no sense at all; it just showed Jim Marshall's Electric Football likeness turn into a skeleton.

Good luck with this.

Also, I see that you recorded the episode of "Most Outrageous Videos" on NBC that had Marshall's wrong way run, and just used the music and play-by-play and synced with the electric football footage.

If you are wondering how I found that out, the footage of the actual play happening was on YouTube, and I saw the NBC logo on the screen.

Thanks so much for checking out my spot and for your comments. That means a lot to me.

It took me about three weeks to make, which really isn't that bad. The shoot took about 7 days, and the rest of the time was setting it up and doing some post work on it.

I'll post behind the scenes pictures of it up on my site in a few days so you can see the process a bit more.

Thanks again for looking, and is it just me, or do the old Viking uniforms look really good back then?

Or did I contract Space Madness?

If you're confusing a bar of soap for an ice cream bar, then, yes, it quite possibly could be space madness.

Well done on the commercial, Harva. Nice to see someone still fires up the Tudor every now and then. Video games have certainly made the ability to simulate NFL games virtually effortless. <grumpy old man voice> Back in my day we had to send the Tudor company $2.95 per team and wait 8 weeks before we could simulate any game we wanted. In this day and age of alternate and interchangeable uniforms, I can't imagine how much it would cost for Tudor to produce every single NFL team in each of their possible gameday uniforms.

Archived