Raptors replacing original logo

Original6

I like the claw, but it's too simplistic to be a primary logo.

Yeah, it's not as intricate or elaborate as an N in front of a Y or a L interlocked with an A or a basketball with "Lakers" in front of it. Those aren't simple at all.

Those aren't primary logos. They're cap logos.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Yankees' would be the wordmark with Uncle Sam hat on the baseball bat in front of the baseball.

The Dodgers primary is the Dodgers script with the red baseball above it and red motion lines.

Just so you know.

Edit:

Sorry, he beat me to it

see above

My wife is going to be crushed. Absolutely CRUSHED! The dino logo is the only sports logo she claims to actually like. She thinks it's "cute." I think I'm going to not tell her about this. Maybe I should get her a dino t-shirt while I still can.

Personally, though, I think she claims to love only the raptors dinosaur logo just because she knows I hate it. :P

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Damn Toronto and their anti-dinosaur agenda!

A footprint? Wow. What's next? A tooth?

Perhaps a Nashville Predators-esque version of the primary, except as a skeleton.

NSH_134.gif

This guy says "hi".

The Toronto Raptors are replacing the dino logo with the claw at centre court as well as phasing out the Dino logo for the claw on apparrell. According to the fan590 in toronto.

They have been phasing out the dino logo for at least two seasons now... at least according to their NBA marketing guidelines.

But the primary logo is still the dinosaur.

It's abou time one of the worst logos in sports is put away. It is currently (since the Mighty Ducks are no more) the most childish logo in all of pro sports and i'm glad it's gone. now if we could just get ride of the raptors name, cause man i hate it and dino mania is over.

untitled-6.jpg

NSH_134.gif

Honestly, that logo has "extinct" written all over it. For an improving NHL team and franchise to sport a skull of a long extinct species of large cats isn't a great way to promote itself. A real sabertooth tiger's head with flesh and all is much better.

I just had a strange thought... Nashville should use Predator's head with his mucked up grill wide open. You know, like the face all the predators make in Predator 1, Predator 2, and Aliens vs Predator. That would some freakish stuff.

Archived