Several NHL concepts

Dogbert

Alright, I know what you're saying (and it closely resembles "Aw, :censored:, not another Buffaslug concept..."), but hear me out. This concept was designed as an appeasement to the Sabres fanbase; let's say that the Sabres' management team held a meeting and decided that, since they've managed to royally piss off their entire fanbase with the new logo, they REALLY need to give the people what they want as far as the jersey design is concerned, and what the people want is the old jersey.

Essentially, what I've done here is tinker with the old blue-and-gold design. Yes, it's got the Buffaslug, but it's really just the old jersey with darkened colours; in addition, it's got the old logo as a shoulder crest. Really, it's a way for the Sabres organization to apologize to their fans.

buffaslugjerseyhb8.th.png

Secondly, I've fiddled around with the Maple Leafs' jerseys. I've essentially spliced their current design with the one that the team wore throughout the 1970s and 1980s, and here's what I kept from the two designs:

1970s and 1980s:

- shoulder striping and patches (no more TML, and NO MORE SILVER)

- number and letter font

Present-day:

- darker blue

- arm and torso striping

tmljerseysetgh1.th.png

Have at 'em.

Congratulations, you did it. You made the Buffaslug look not-horrible! I'm actually very impressed by that concept. Of course, they'll NEVER do anything like that-- they don't have any fashion sense (as we well know).

I don't really like the Sabres ones. Obviously, yes, the logo is terrible. Not your fault though, so no harm no foul. I just don't think the jerseys look that good in those colors.

As for the Leafs, I guess they're ok. I don't like them in the darker colors, but the design it quite simple so it's hard to really say anything about that.

Alright, I know what you're saying (and it closely resembles "Aw, :censored:, not another Buffaslug concept..."), but hear me out. This concept was designed as an appeasement to the Sabres fanbase; let's say that the Sabres' management team held a meeting and decided that, since they've managed to royally piss off their entire fanbase with the new logo, they REALLY need to give the people what they want as far as the jersey design is concerned, and what the people want is the old jersey.

Essentially, what I've done here is tinker with the old blue-and-gold design. Yes, it's got the Buffaslug, but it's really just the old jersey with darkened colours; in addition, it's got the old logo as a shoulder crest. Really, it's a way for the Sabres organization to apologize to their fans.

buffaslugjerseyhb8.th.png

Secondly, I've fiddled around with the Maple Leafs' jerseys. I've essentially spliced their current design with the one that the team wore throughout the 1970s and 1980s, and here's what I kept from the two designs:

1970s and 1980s:

- shoulder striping and patches (no more TML, and NO MORE SILVER)

- number and letter font

Present-day:

- darker blue

- arm and torso striping

tmljerseysetgh1.th.png

Have at 'em.

Finally, somebody made the buffaslug tolerable. And I love those Leafs duds. Congrats on your efforts.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The Sabres striping seems too vintage for a new age logo.

That's true, but I had several reasons for it. I was trying to make these jerseys look as "classic Sabres" as I could, as they're designed to appease the vocal majority of Buffalo fans who wanted the old jerseys back.

It's also a kind of selfish preference of my own; I don't find it coincidental that some of the jerseys that folks consider to be the best in the league (Chicago, Montreal, Detroit) are the vintage uniforms that haven't been altered much since the old days, or the ones that have a more simplistic look to them (Calgary, Edmonton, Philadelphia). Teams don't need to wear artistic masterpieces to play hockey, nor do designers need to tinker too much with the classics; getting too creative can end up forcing a team to wear things like the Islanders' wave design, or the Wild Wing Ducks abomination.

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate your input. I just wanted to clarify my choices a little bit.

I suppose if the Sabres were to wear those jerseys they could save par. The jerseys are pretty good. I'm not crazy about the numbers. They could use an outline.

As for the Leafs, I don't like these jerseys. You got rid of the two things I dislike most about their current duds; the TML logo and the use of silver, but you've done things here that are even worse than those. The darker blue looks like dark purple. On top of that, the sleeve numbers are too big, as well as the shoulder yoke. The sleeve stripes look too far down the sleeve as well.

As for the Leafs, I don't like these jerseys. You got rid of the two things I dislike most about their current duds; the TML logo and the use of silver, but you've done things here that are even worse than those. The darker blue looks like dark purple. On top of that, the sleeve numbers are too big, as well as the shoulder yoke. The sleeve stripes look too far down the sleeve as well.

Thanks. I'll fix those things, and then repost it.

Edit: Here's the revised edition.

tmljerseysetva7.th.png

Buffalo: That is about as good as it is going to get with the buffaslug. Nice work. I would prefer to see outlines on the numbers.

Toronto: I love this. I am in the minority in that I prefer this style of leaf and I loved the jersey in the 1980s that had the same leaf on the shoulders. This one is even better.

2 for 2.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the Toronto Maple Leafs one. People usally go over dramatic on the leafs and habs when they really dont need changes you just went up a level and upgraded them. But the only thing i suggest is adding a silver outline (what they have now ) You dont have too, because other than that they look good. Nice job.

4kv29i.jpg

That Leafs one is much better. I'm not sure how it stacks up to their current unis or alt, but it's pretty good. There's just one thing I noticed though:

There is an indent on the shoulder yoke, just below the stem on the Maple Leaf. Is it supposed to be like that?

Congratulations, you did it. You made the Buffaslug look not-horrible! I'm actually very impressed by that concept. Of course, they'll NEVER do anything like that-- they don't have any fashion sense (as we well know).

my thoughts EXACTLY! I couldn't believe I saw a use of the slug that didn't make me want to retch.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived