Pepsi or coke?

Fusebazell

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what you call it depends from where your from.

I live in NJ, so I call it soda. I have relitives in Westren, NY, where (as mentioned before) call it Pop. I also have relitives in the south who call it coke (even if getting a pepsi).

And I like coke over pepsi.

I call it soda.

Here's the weird take on it IMO...

Pepsi over Coke

Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi

Cherry Coke over Cherry Pepsi

Vanillia Coke over Vanillia Pepsi (I don't care for the Vanillia's much at all, but the fact that Pepsi things some loud bangy music is better than Riding the Storm out is laughable, and why in the world would you want your truck to jump?)

I voted Coke, but RC Cola is the best. The perfect smoothness and flavoring. Not that extra sweet feel like Coke and not that watered-down flavor of Pepsi.

Seriously. Oddly enough, it's only 48 cents a can here so I buy it like crack, but it's worth it.

I find Coke is more flavorful than Pepsi.  Pepsi seems to be watered down somewhat.  It could be a good thing.  I'll take either cold, but an ice cold Coke is where it's at.  Vanilla Coke is good.  Vanilla Pepsi tastes exactly like Diet Pepsi with an ever ever, EVER so slight hint of vanilla.  It's terrible.  Diet Pepsi is better than Diet Coke though.  Diet RC cancels them both out.

I've never tried Dr. Pepper or Riverdale cola, so I have no frame of reference on them. Big 8 Cola is crap. It may just be an Atlantic Canadian specialty, but it tastes like someone loaded it with pepper. (Then again, we spawned a bizarre Sea Salt and Pepper flavor of Lay's chips.)

Anyone else besides me remember OK Soda? That stuff ruled, if only for the bizarre marketing they tried with it. The soda itself was good...sort of a Coke with a tangy fruitiness to it.

--Royal "Time?" Crown.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think what you call it depends from where your from.

I live in NJ, so I call it soda. I have relitives in Westren, NY, where (as mentioned before) call it Pop.

I think 'pop' is more of a Canadian thing... nobody up here says Soda.   Probably why Upstate NY uses it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ponyboy and Sodapop...I loved that book.

With me, if I'm ordering something at a restaurant it's specific (Coke, Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc) but if I'm just talking like "I had a cheeseburger, fries and a Coke for lunch"...Coke could be just about any soft drink.

Here's my weird preferences...

Pepsi > Coke 99% of the time...the ONLY time Coke is better than Pepsi is when it's in a glass bottle!

Diet Pepsi > Diet Coke

Cherry Coke > Cherry Pepsi

Vanilla Pepsi > Vanilla Coke

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Dr.Pepper rules!  Dr. Pepper or death!  

10, 2 & 4, breaks for Dr. Pepper.

(my mother is a Coke-Cola "addict", not the drug, the Soda.)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

First of all, I call it soda. Second, I picked Pepsi. It's not too sweet (like Coke), and the company makes more cool sodas that Coke doesn't make. Coke made Mello Yello to counter-attack Mountain Dew, but is there Mello Yello Code Red? No! What about Mello Yello Live Wire? That isn't there either. There is no Coke blue (even though Pepsi Blue tastes nasty).

my grandpa used to call it pop, my grandma calls it pop, everybody else i know calls it soda. i use both randomly.

that said, i'm a coke man, mainly cus my mom only gets coke. i tried vanilla pepsi, and i thought it tasted like what pepsi wouldn't want it to taste like: Regular Coke :laugh:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I call it soda my granfather from Idaho calls it pop.

Pop is what it is called in the midwest.

Pepsi is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better the Coke. Pepsi is nice and sweet, Coke is too bitter.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived