Pepsi or coke?

Fusebazell

Yeah, Yoo-Hoo is basically chocolate milk, minus the milk.

When "chocolate soda" is mentioned...do you mean Yoo-Hoo? I hope so. I cringe thinking of a carbonated chocolate soda...

And at certain places, iced tea can be (and is) crap. Any fast food place, most restaurants...basically if you want iced tea that "fits" you, you have to make it yourself or rely on mom's.  :D NOTHING beats southern iced tea...

No no, I've seen Chocolate pop at a Publix in Boca Raton, Fla.

The beautiful thing about up here is, when you asked for Iced Tea you get the kind you get at home, none of this tea with ice in it.  The only Iced Tea I'll drink in the U.S. is Arizona, and that's only because I tried it once and it kinda tasted like what we have here.

I'm afraid to try any other kind down there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think some places do make choclate soda I remeber seeing something like that years ago.

I heard about that Turkey and Gravy Soda. I love thanksgiving but I dont wnat to drink my turkey diner.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The beautiful thing about up here is, when you asked for Iced Tea you get the kind you get at home, none of this tea with ice in it.

I only made that mistake (ordering an iced tea in a restaurant in the US) once. Blech... so what if that's technically what Iced Tea is... it tastes like pond water... they may call it Mountain Dew, but that doesn't mean it actually has to be dew from the mountains.

My take:

Pepsi Blue: kinda sweet, kinda weird... neither here nor there

Pepsi Vanilla: IMHO the better of the two vanillas... I like it

Vanilla Coke: on one volleyball trip to Edmonton, right around when it first got released, we drank like 7 12-packs of the stuff... kinda soured me toward it, although I still like it

MD Code Red: when I'm hot and thirsty, it's the nectar of the gods... when I'm not, it's just another drink

LiveWire: never had it

Jones Soda: Berry White rules

Root Beer: A&W is the best, then Mug, then it drops off pretty quick

Pepsi Twist: didn't do anything for me

Lemon Coke: never had it

V8: quite possibly the grossest thing I've ever had that is generally considered normal to consume; those V8 Splash's are alright... but the original... eww

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yeah Ice tea at resteraunts suck here its always unsweatened with no or very little lemon added. It is terrible.

Getting things in bottles like Snapple, or Brisk are ok but never get it a resteraunt.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pop is an awful music catagory. Soda is a beverage.

Yoo-Hoo is awesome.. just remember to shake it.

I'm a Nestea Iced Tea man.

Moutain Dew and Moutain Dew Code Red are fantastic drinks.

Stewart's Root Beer. Best.

The best soda flavor though? Grape

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Pepsi Blue to me tastes like liquid gummi bears.  I like it.

For some reason, I'm always hyped about new soft drinks.  I agonized for months over Vanilla Coke and Pepsi Blue, yet never even heard of Vanilla Pepsi until I saw it in stores.   Very disappointing that Vanilla Pepsi, tastes exactly like Diet Pepsi with an ever so miniscule hint of vanilla.  Then again, to me Pepsi Twist tastes like regular Pepsi with an ever so miniscule hint of lemon flavor.  Vanilla Coke is awesome.

Gatorade rules.  Strawberry Ice is where it's at, baby.  I used to drink Powerade until I bought a bottle of Berry Blue last week that tasted something like stale, dehydrated donut dough.  Now I can not trust it.

Iced Tea.  I hate regular hot tea.  Hate it severly.  You couldn't make me drink it at gunpoint.  But I like some certain Iced Teas.  Tim Horton's is good with a lemon wedge.  Brisk is good, I love their lemonade.  It definately must be sweetened to taste good.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I voted for "I like both" in the poll. I am happy that good old Royal Crown Cola was given a shout out, but let us not forget some regional-New York City- favorites like C&C Cola, Utica Club, and even Beverages by Hammer. I does anybody have any regional colas that tasted like or better than Coke or Pepsi?  As Linda Richman once said on "Coffee Talk"... DISCUSS!!!

BTW...I like the new Pepsi ad campaign "It's the cola!". A lot better than 'The Joy of Pepsi" or even "Coca Cola Real".

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

BTW...I like the new Pepsi ad campaign "It's the cola!". A lot better than 'The Joy of Pepsi" or even "Coca Cola Real".

Every pepsi ad campaign annoys me... every commercial there's some sort of Coca-Cola reference, yet you never see any hint of Pepsi in Coca-Cola commercials.

Pepsi's message is "We're better than Coca-Cola"

Coca-Cola's message is "Pepsi?"

And just for that reason, if I drank cola, I would choose Coca-Cola.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i'd rather have a Coke (and a smile).

around here "coke" is generic for whatever cola product is sold since some places only serve Pepsi brand products.  

here in my newly adopted county (Gaston, just west of Charlotte) Sun-Drop and/or cherry-lemon SunDrop is king.  like some kind of double strength Mountain Dew, it'll put a whammy on you, with all the caffeine and sugar.  some of the locals ween their children right into the stuff.  once you get hooked on it, it'll make life crazy.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

this would be somewhat appropriate......

capt.emt10211252223.turkey_soda_emt102.jpg

Jones Soda Co. founder and CEO Peter van Stolk shows off bottles of his seasonal Turkey and Gravy Soda, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003, in Seattle. The producers of the Thanksgiving-themed beverage at Jones Soda are surprised by the demand for the drink. They sold out all 6,000 bottles online within about two hours last week. ???

I saw that stuff on Jimmy Kimmel. He said it tasted exactly like turkey and gravy, which is not a good thing.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Every pepsi ad campaign annoys me... every commercial there's some sort of Coca-Cola reference, yet you never see any hint of Pepsi in Coca-Cola commercials.

Pepsi's message is "We're better than Coca-Cola"

Coca-Cola's message is "Pepsi?"

And just for that reason, if I drank cola, I would choose Coca-Cola.

As I learned in my marketing class this past semester, the leader can't acknowledge the competition in advertising, regardless of what the competition is doing, for the reason that it makes the competition look like a legitimate threat or substitute.

I have tried dnL, and beyond the clever name, I thought it didn't taste much different than Mountain Dew... it wasn't bad, but given the choice, I'll find something better.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived