Pepsi or coke?

Fusebazell

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW...I like the new Pepsi ad campaign "It's the cola!". A lot better than 'The Joy of Pepsi" or even "Coca Cola Real".

Every pepsi ad campaign annoys me... every commercial there's some sort of Coca-Cola reference, yet you never see any hint of Pepsi in Coca-Cola commercials.

Pepsi's message is "We're better than Coca-Cola"

Coca-Cola's message is "Pepsi?"

And just for that reason, if I drank cola, I would choose Coca-Cola.

As I learned in my marketing class this past semester, the leader can't acknowledge the competition in advertising, regardless of what the competition is doing, for the reason that it makes the competition look like a legitimate threat or substitute.

So why does Pepsi feel the need to include Coca-Cola in every commercial?  Be your own company Pepsi.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Clemente, here's the one's i helped design, produce, and install...

DCP_1665.JPG

fleet of 30 Ford Focus(es).

49er, the Choice is wicked stuff too, wish my body would tolerate all that high-test octane. i'll have to post our promotional vehicles we just completed for Choice (SunDrop and Cheerwine). they chose ambulances and we did the full wrap ads on 'em. they turned out neat looking.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I voted for coke.

In england no-one calls them soda. A few people call it pop (but pop tends to me the rubbishy kids fizzy drinks rather than grown up stuff like coke or pepsi) mainly people call them 'fizzy drinks'.

Fizzy drinks? New one to me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

England calls soda "Fizzy Drinks"

England calls cigarettes "Fags"

the evidence is just piling up......

( :P i'm just messin with ya saints...) :;):

Hey its you yanks who call the backside, arse, bum whatever a 'fanny' which in england refers to something completely different, if not all that far away!!!! (ie the female genetalia!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think the last time anyone called an ass a "Fanny" was November 13, 1964. And why the hell do you call the beautiful honeypot a "Fanny"?

Jeebus man... i would love to learn some of these British slang words...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

In all of my 35 years I have had exactly 2 sips of any type of cola.  It has just never appealed to me.  Frankly, the only soda I am apt to drink at all is the club soda that occasionally finds its way into my Scotch.  And on a hot summer day, a very tall glass of club soda on the rocks with a couple of splashes of Roses Lime Juice is a most sublime and refreshing bevy.

now scotch and soda is indeed the best of both worlds, but i would never EVER ruin a good single malt with soda....the soda only goes in with the cheap stuff that i get for christmas from the in-laws.

now scotch and soda is indeed the best of both worlds, but i would never EVER ruin a good single malt with soda....the soda only goes in with the cheap stuff that i get for christmas from the in-laws.

Actually, I am not much for the single malts - I actually prefer the blends.  But I agree, at anywhere from $8-15 a pop at your average tavern, why mess around with anything - even ice - that's going to dilute the spirit?

1 word, FAYGO...lol

FAYGO!!!!!!!

I was hooked on that stuff when i lived down in Jersey. For some reason i can't find it up here in these backwoods hick towns of PA.....

Faygo was the :censored:....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think the last time anyone called an ass a "Fanny" was November 13, 1964. And why the hell do you call the beautiful honeypot a "Fanny"?

Jeebus man... i would love to learn some of these British slang words...

Its a constant theme of amusement in the UK that Americans call what we call 'bum bags' 'fanny packs'.

I have no idea why any of these slang words exist! Still more proof that we are two countries divided by a common language!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Its a constant theme of amusement in the UK that Americans call what we call 'bum bags' 'fanny packs'.

So does that mean that "fanny pack" in the UK would be what we would call a "dou**e bag?"

:D  :D  :D

So does that mean that "fanny pack" in the UK would be what we would call a "dou**e bag?"

:D:D:D

Jeez I must be tired I have just tried to work out what a double bag is for like 5 minutes!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My family is from up state New York (on the Quebec border) and we are all Pepsi drinkers...but we refer to it and all other carbonated beverages as soda.

I lived in Idaho and they called it Pop.

Living in Maine and Vermont its called Soda

Some friends of the family from Mass call it Tonic

My favorite soda: Orangina followed by a series of sodas put out by Virgin Cola called Pulp...the grapefruit one is the bomb.

:D:D:D

Jeez I must be tired I have just tried to work out what a double bag is for like 5 minutes!!!!

Uh huh

Perhaps I would have should have said "d**che bag" instead.  That might have saved you some time!

WTF is a double bag?

On second thought, maybe I don't want to know.  :D

Archived