Atlanta Krunk Changes Name

ZBoyer

I saw in the "Transactions" area of the newspaper this morning that the Atlanta Krunk, now in the Continental Basketball Association, have changed their name.

You all know the story, by now. The team started out in the prestigious ABA as the Charlotte Krunk, but had to fold operations midway through the latest season. The owner moved the team to Atlanta and the team was reborn in the ever-changing CBA after a flurry of teams went to the NBA D-League.

But to the present - they changed their name.

To what, you might say?

Well, I'll introduce you to...

The Atlanta Krunk Wolverines.

...Yes, yes, it's true. Why? It seems as though the team is so minor league that they are not only playing at Atlanta's Morris Brown College (and said they are moving their operations there because "We felt that centralizing our team and business would make things easier than if we were spread all over the city," but theyr'e really just cheap), but they're also using the uniforms of the college's old basketball team, which has been out of operation when they cut athletic funding.

The story makes sense, at least, but why not just take on the Wolverines moniker? It's at least a bit more professional-sounding.

Oh well, as I said - the story just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the disgraced and broke Morris Brown College and the disgraced and ignored Continental Basketball Association...ah, a match made in heaven :D

or as a certain hypeman would say...YEAAAH!!! O-KAAAY!!! B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the disgraced and broke Morris Brown College and the disgraced and ignored Continental Basketball Association...ah, a match made in heaven :D

or as a certain hypeman would say...YEAAAH!!! O-KAAAY!!! B)

WHAAAT?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

GET KRUNK WOLVERINE GET KRUNK!

Seriously, what an awful name.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Am I wrong or is 'krunk' some kind of slang for 'really drunk'? So they're calling themselves the really drunk wolverines? I think whoever thought up that name was krunk...

When I first saw the name of this thread, I said "And the World breaths a sigh of relief".

Then I saw the new name...

And the world is a worse place then it was yesterday...

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Krunk can mean:

1. The type of hip-hop music

2. The onomatopoeic discription of the noise a crane makes

3. The combination of the words "crazy" and "drunk"

4. The word Conan O'Brien used early in his show as a censor for the "seven dirty words"

And somehow, they almost all make sense. Not #2 though.

The story behind the change confirms my suspicions:

The team owners bought the leftover basketball jerseys from the local college, who dropped the "Wolverines" basketball program a while back. The team will be wearing them in games, and thus the "Krunk Wolverines."

Wow. How much lower can the ABA sink? A franchise that doesn't have sufficient capital to buy uniforms? Oye, vey...

nav-logo.png

The story behind the change confirms my suspicions:

The team owners bought the leftover basketball jerseys from the local college, who dropped the "Wolverines" basketball program a while back. The team will be wearing them in games, and thus the "Krunk Wolverines."

Wow. How much lower can the ABA sink? A franchise that doesn't have sufficient capital to buy uniforms? Oye, vey...

Wow....that's pretty sad.

and as for the origin of "krunk" it's the feeling of being both drunk (of alcohol) and high (normally on pot)

Still it's terrible.

Archived