Atlanta Krunk Changes Name

ZBoyer

The story behind the change confirms my suspicions:

The team owners bought the leftover basketball jerseys from the local college, who dropped the "Wolverines" basketball program a while back. The team will be wearing them in games, and thus the "Krunk Wolverines."

Wow. How much lower can the ABA sink? A franchise that doesn't have sufficient capital to buy uniforms? Oye, vey...

funny thing about that, this :censored:'s happening in the CBA :D

you can take the Krunk outta the ABA, but you can't take the ABA outta the Krunk :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The story behind the change confirms my suspicions:

The team owners bought the leftover basketball jerseys from the local college, who dropped the "Wolverines" basketball program a while back.  The team will be wearing them in games, and thus the "Krunk Wolverines."

Wow.  How much lower can the ABA sink?  A franchise that doesn't have sufficient capital to buy uniforms?  Oye, vey...

funny thing about that, this :censored:'s happening in the CBA :D

you can take the Krunk outta the ABA, but you can't take the ABA outta the Krunk :hockeysmiley:

CBA. My apologies... that just makes it all the more sad.

The CBA used to be a proud league. Scrappy, but proud. Now, this?

nav-logo.png

Krunk Wolverines is STILL better than "Supersonics".

You know what?

I thought about that for a while and actually, no it isn't.

Supersonics may be a dud name, but Krunk Wolverines is just bizarre.

Yes, it is. Krunk Wolverines is so stupid it's funny, and it's expected of a (former) ABA team.

Supersonics, that's an NBA team. That's a MAJOR league, high-price, professional Basketball team.

If these were the same level, I'd agree. But the fact that the "Supersonics" are in the NBA just trumps anything the ABA (or CBA) could come up with.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Krunk Wolverines is STILL better than "Supersonics".

You know what?

I thought about that for a while and actually, no it isn't.

Supersonics may be a dud name, but Krunk Wolverines is just bizarre.

Yes, it is. Krunk Wolverines is so stupid it's funny, and it's expected of a (former) ABA team.

Supersonics, that's an NBA team. That's a MAJOR league, high-price, professional Basketball team.

If these were the same level, I'd agree. But the fact that the "Supersonics" are in the NBA just trumps anything the ABA (or CBA) could come up with.

There's no defending the Supersonics name, however, at least it's from Seattle, WA, home of Boeing. I can at least see how they came up with it.

Tell me about the Krunk Wolverines that live in Atlanta.

A Krunk doesn't even exist. What is a Krunk?

And then, how does it relate to the Wolverine?

It's bizarre.

Supersonics is dumb.

Being dumb is better than being bizarre.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I may have to approach them about selling merchandise for them... i think with a horrible name like that, merch would fly off the shelves.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 1 year later...

A buddy I work with was asking if the CBA was still in existence, so we pulled up the CBA website. Has anyone seen the Atlanta Krunk lately?!! Unbelievable! They wear reversibles in games on the road and it looks like they wear plain white at home with no numbers and "ATLANTA" across the chest. I could do better (not to mention the tons of talented folks on this forum) for a city league team.

The website is here: http://www.atlantakrunk.com/

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Note the giant Steve & Barry's "Starbury" logo front and center, along with the lack of number. Gentlemen, you're wearing practice jerseys to an actual game. And judging from the standings, it's accurately reflected in your caliber of play.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Even sadder is their W-L record. What in the hell does the points mean?

I was curious about that myself...

http://www.cbahoopsonline.com/stats/2007-08/stand.txt

*Teams get 3 points for a win, 1 point for each quarter won, and 1/2 point for

any quarter tied.

:blink:

Yeah, that's been the CBA standings system as far back as I remember - which would be the mid-'90s. I doubt they still do this, but back then, teams had mini scoreboards on the end lines on the floor displaying points scored in the quarter. It's a little goofy, but I can see the reasoning - reward dominant performances more than squeakers, and give players and coaches incentive not to go into "garbage time" if they're carrying a big lead late.

Oh, for the days of the Chicago Rockers, Rockford Lightning, Quad Cities Thunder, and Hartford Hellcats...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Even sadder is their W-L record. What in the hell does the points mean?

I was curious about that myself...

http://www.cbahoopsonline.com/stats/2007-08/stand.txt

*Teams get 3 points for a win, 1 point for each quarter won, and 1/2 point for

any quarter tied.

:blink:

Yeah, that's been the CBA standings system as far back as I remember - which would be the mid-'90s. I doubt they still do this, but back then, teams had mini scoreboards on the end lines on the floor displaying points scored in the quarter. It's a little goofy, but I can see the reasoning - reward dominant performances more than squeakers, and give players and coaches incentive not to go into "garbage time" if they're carrying a big lead late.

Oh, for the days of the Chicago Rockers, Rockford Lightning, Quad Cities Thunder, and Hartford Hellcats...

Among the first sporting events I attended were Anchorage Northern Knights games in the late 70's/early 80's. One of my programs explains the new points standings, the basic premise was that even if a team was down 20 going into the 4th quarter, they could still play for the quarter point...

Oh for the days of the Anchorage Northern Knights, Alberta Dusters, and Rochester Zeniths...

Archived