Invincible

oldschoolvikings

yo did ne1 c the lil flub in the movie, near the end of the moive Dick is talkin to one of the players b4 he sends him out, he had a gray sweatband on, well on the band was an upside down current eagles logo. dont know if its a flub or they had in there just for whatever reason

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

This is the 67th time Disney has made this movie. I believe they are trying to copyright the cookie cutter they used to make it.

Nope they do have the cookie cutter and it is copyrighted

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is the 67th time Disney has made this movie. I believe they are trying to copyright the cookie cutter they used to make it.

And every one is great.

Although when compared to other sports "triumph" movies. Invincible falls short. I saw it last night and it felt a lil rushed. THe pacing of the movie not the look of the movie.

It wasn't like Rudy where no one thought he could do it. Here everyone told Papale he should and he was good enough.

Also the great play at the end was changed a bit for the movie. (you can see the actual play during the end credits)

yo did ne1 c the lil flub in the movie, near the end of the moive Dick is talkin to one of the players b4 he sends him out, he had a gray sweatband on, well on the band was an upside down current eagles logo. dont know if its a flub or they had in there just for whatever reason

Umm....what?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Umm....what?

When did Chris bring the coard to SMS?

No one over 35 understands you (translation for the kids: No 1 over 35 understands u)

To those who have seen it, I'm curious if the film at all addressed the fact that Papale played two years in the old WFL. I fear they made it seem like Papale walked off the street with no previous playing experience.

No mention of the WFL. The comment about playing only one year of high school ball comes up multiple times.

And every one is great.

Although when compared to other sports "triumph" movies. Invincible falls short. I saw it last night and it felt a lil rushed. THe pacing of the movie not the look of the movie.

It wasn't like Rudy where no one thought he could do it. Here everyone told Papale he should and he was good enough.

Also the great play at the end was changed a bit for the movie. (you can see the actual play during the end credits)

If by great you mean predictable, sure.

Mighty Ducks and Miracle are the same film.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Did the Cowboys actually have the red, white, and blue stripe on the helmet? i thought they always had blue-white-blue.

The had a red stripe in 1976 only for the bi-centenial

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And every one is great.

Yes a team about the USA winning the Olympic Gold versus a heavily favored Russia team during the Cold War is the exact same as a couple of kids forming a rag tag team to battle another random school.

exactly the same.

Why didn't they just rename it Mighty Ducks 4.

Goldberg. Eruzione. exactly the same.

:therock:

And every one is great.

Yes a team about the USA winning the Olympic Gold versus a heavily favored Russia team during the Cold War is the exact same as a couple of kids forming a rag tag team to battle another random school.

exactly the same.

Why didn't they just rename it Mighty Ducks 4.

Goldberg. Eruzione. exactly the same.

:therock:

Nice.

Miracle: "We're underdogs, we have to win, everyone has counted us out. Hockey time! We're down late, we make a big comeback! We win! Woo-hoo!"

Might Ducks: "We're underdogs, we have to win, everyone has counted us out, Hockey time! We're down late, we make a big comeback! We win! Woo-hoo!"

They sound about the same to me.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

To those who have seen it, I'm curious if the film at all addressed the fact that Papale played two years in the old WFL. I fear they made it seem like Papale walked off the street with no previous playing experience.

No they didn't mention that at all, which was very strange. It's also a bit strange that they said he got in through an open tryout. When looking at Wikipedia, it said he had gotten into a private workout held by Dick Vermeil because of his experience with the Bell. It seems like some of this stuff was made up for the movie.

They tell a few half truths because, to them at least, it would seem that the majority of the public wants to see a movie about some player from out of nowhere, without any experience at the sport, play well. All the while they make everything melodramatic. The same thing happened in Cool Runnings. In the movie the Jamaican team loses because their sled overturns, and then they still pick up their sled and walk to the finish line with everyone cheering. Isn't that a great ending? It's not realistic either. In reality the team just didn't have a fast enough time.

I really liked the movie, but one thing that they did mess up, that irked the pi$$ out of me, as an Eagles fan, was the fight song. They had the guys start the song by singing "Fight Eagles fight...", instead of the way it should be, "Fly Eagles Fly...". Sure, small detail, that most people may not know, or care about, but it's the small details that add up and count.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Archived