NHL All-Star Jerseys?

Brass

I would've expected something closer to the Stars' jersey template. I wouldn't be surprised if EA Sports actually had the designs for the jerseys, but are just using generic-looking jerseys in the screenshots, since the real jerseys haven't been released. They probably want to avoid a lawsuit.

I would've expected something closer to the Stars' jersey template. I wouldn't be surprised if EA Sports actually had the designs for the jerseys, but are just using generic-looking jerseys in the screenshots, since the real jerseys haven't been released. They probably want to avoid a lawsuit.

But they already used that template for the All-Star Games.

I highly doubt the Stars would use a Preds based font for the numbers. In keeping with the current tradition of bending the All-Star jersey to mimic the host city, expect something similar to the Stars current set-up(coincidentally a knock off of a previous All-Star jersey), but with more flair.

The NHL and Reebok will be unveil the new look uniforms that the league will be switching to for the 07-08 season at the All-Star Game. Look for these uniforms to be worn by the East and West All-Stars at the game in Dallas.

I highly doubt the Stars would use a Preds based font for the numbers.  In keeping with the current tradition of bending the All-Star jersey to mimic the host city, expect something similar to the Stars current set-up(coincidentally a knock off of a previous All-Star jersey), but with more flair.

jennifer_aniston2.jpg

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

The NHL used Predator style numbers for the Noirth America vs World uni's before switching back to East vs West

Actually, you're kinda right. The last year of NA vs. World, NA wore blue jerseys with the Preds numbers and the World wore red with Preds numbering. The following year was back to East/West, with the West wearing the NA jerseys and East wearing a white version. All with Preds numbers.

In keeping with the current tradition of bending the All-Star jersey to mimic the host city, expect something similar to the Stars current set-up(coincidentally a knock off of a previous All-Star jersey), but with more flair.

go back and look at the history of Allstar jerseys in the NHL and you will see the had nothing to do with the host team

go back and look at the history of Allstar jerseys in the NHL and you will see the had nothing to do with the host team

You can't be telling us that these uniforms from the 2004 St. Paul All-Star Game

AllStar04.gif

weren't inspired by Minnesota's colors and third jerseys (the red ones):

Wild2.gif

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

You can't be telling us that these uniforms from the 2004 St. Paul All-Star Game

AllStar04.gif

weren't inspired by Minnesota's colors and third jerseys (the red ones):

Wild2.gif

I think he was speaking in terms over a long period. The Minnesota All-Star game was the first I ever recalled having the host's colors involved in the uniforms. Atleast in my memory.

Previously the colors had always been the same. Orange and Black up until 95(I think?) with the new Green/Purple uniforms, then Red/Blue with the switch to the North American v.s. World teams.

But I assume the NHL is following the NBA/MLB's paths in having uniforms modelled after the host city. So I'm sure we will be seeing Stars' colors.

I think he was speaking in terms over a long period. The Minnesota All-Star game was the first I ever recalled having the host's colors involved in the uniforms. Atleast in my memory.

Previously the colors had always been the same. Orange and Black up until 95(I think?) with the new Green/Purple uniforms, then Red/Blue with the switch to the North American v.s. World teams.

But I assume the NHL is following the NBA/MLB's paths in having uniforms modelled after the host city. So I'm sure we will be seeing Stars' colors.

Your probably right on mudbug33 refering to long period history--I apologize for my misreading...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

It's been the trend recently, not over time. Hell, they used to use the ame jersey design year after year.

Not really the Minnesota All-Star game was the first to have the host team colors and the jersey really were not anything close to what the Wild wear. Before that the jersey's had nothing to do with the host team. That is hardly a trend recent or over time.

It's been the trend recently, not over time.  Hell, they used to use the ame jersey design year after year.

Not really the Minnesota All-Star game was the first to have the host team colors and the jersey really were not anything close to what the Wild wear. Before that the jersey's had nothing to do with the host team. That is hardly a trend recent or over time.

That is made extra true when you realize that the NHL All-star jerseys used to be black and orange, and the year it was held in Philadelphia, they wore red, white and blue.

--Roger "Time?"Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived