Bills in throwbacks tonight

KevinMcD

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are close but not the same, can't figure out why.

It is because the sleeve stripes are outlined in red, the sock stripes aren't.

I like everything about the uniforms, except none of the stripes match. They should switch the pants stripe to blue-red-blue to match the helmet, and add red outlines to the white in the socks, so they match the jersey stripes.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Unfortunately, the Chargers won't be wearing the road throwbacks. Teams can have only one alt, giving them 3 different uniforms.Can't have a 4th. They will wear home throwbacks against the Browns and Steelers

I do remember a thread started not to long ago stating the exact opposite that in fact the Chargers were going with a road version of the throwbacks this year.

I saw that thread, but unfortunately they won't be wearing them. There was an article in the San Diego Union Tribune that said when they would wear the throwbacks right around the same time someone posted that thread. So I emailed the beat writer and asked. He responded and said they would only wear the collegiate blues twice at home...no road set.

I wouldn't say "perfection," but it's better than any alternative proposed.

It's certainly better than the "taking a headshot" buffalo they usually wear.

Just wondering any suggestions on what you would do?

It's certainly better than the "taking a headshot" buffalo they usually wear.

Bullsheet! The charging bison logo is the best logo in football... it is not being shot, its like a contrail... its streaking.

How often has the Bills modern logo been imitated? The Patriots charging-Leno, Panthers, Broncos, Rams...

To get rid of the streaking bison for the standing bison would be a huge mistake. Throwbacks are cool once in a while, but here's to hoping that we keep our iconic logo, and maybe get rid of the stupid striping pattern our helmets and jerseys.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Repeat after me.......

ALL THROWBACK UNIFORMS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK FULL-TIME. THE 1960'S WERE A GOLDEN AGE OF FASHION.

ALL NEW UNIFORMS ARE UGLY AND TOO "NEW" AND SHOULD BE BURNED. ALL THOSE CLEAN, CRISP COLORS ARE JUST TOO NEW SCHOOL FOR FOOTBALL.

These Bill throwback are just as awful as the new things they are wearing now. Awful from the helmet down. They are completely out-of-date and out-of-style.

Maybe we could bring back the Broncos vertical striped socks too. And, those things that the Packers wore a few years ago with the tan pants. They were cool too, right?

The charging bison logo is the best logo in football... it is not being shot, its like a contrail... its streaking.

Can a buffalo run fast enough to leave a contrail?

As for the streaking, let's consider putting a loincloth on the buffalo. We don't need to encourage gratuitous animal nudity.

Repeat after me.......

ALL THROWBACK UNIFORMS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK FULL-TIME. THE 1960'S WERE A GOLDEN AGE OF FASHION.

ALL NEW UNIFORMS ARE UGLY AND TOO "NEW" AND SHOULD BE BURNED. ALL THOSE CLEAN, CRISP COLORS ARE JUST TOO NEW SCHOOL FOR FOOTBALL.

These Bill throwback are just as awful as the new things they are wearing now. Awful from the helmet down. They are completely out-of-date and out-of-style.

Maybe we could bring back the Broncos vertical striped socks too. And, those things that the Packers wore a few years ago with the tan pants. They were cool too, right?

The 60's may not have been a "Golden Age of Fashion", but certain designs from the 60's and 70's beat the :censored: out of the crap that some teams dress in today.

metslogo_215.gif

I still don't know how I feel about these throwback Bills uniforms.

I definitely don't hate them.

I LOVE the stripes, and I LOVE the socks. And that shade of blue is SO much better than either the blue used by the super bowl teams, or the current blue.

Aside from that... I think I just like them because they're better than the current unis. I don't like the streaking buffalo logo, but I don't like the standing buffalo logo either. The standing buffalo is too plain, and I certainly don't want to point out the fact that this team just stands there during games, instead of actually, ya know, playing well. And the streaking buffalo is just ugly, ugly, UGLY.

I like white helmets over the current red, too.

I guess I'd like to take the best parts of this... the stripes, white helmet, and really, really good colors... and incorporate them in to a NICE re-design. I just don't have any worldly idea what that would be.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Someone had a real nice Bills concept combining the white helmet, royal jersey, white pants with the charging striped buffalo helmet logo....if you're out there link to it again.

Yeah it was called 1974-1983!

Archived