Bills in throwbacks tonight

KevinMcD

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The maple leaf on the Canadian flag is clipart, should we change that also?? ?Clipart? was not even in existence when that Bills logo was created. It is the Buffalo from the back of a "Buffalo Nickel".

Umm...no. The mapel leaf on the Canadian flag was actually designed through months of testing, and almost didn't make it to the final stage in favour of a thirteen point design. Besides, the shape of the maple leaf on the Canadian flag was originated when that flag was unvieled.

The Bills on the other hand took an already excisting buffalo shape and slapped it on their helmets.

I don't care if it was used on the buffalo nickel. That doesn't make it any less dull, IMO.

All arguments aside, you can't compare a national symbol like a nation's flag with the emblem of a sports team.

Unless it's the old flag of Rwanda

As for the current look, it needs to go. I suggest they go back to the SB era uniforms with one notable difference-replace all the royal with navy.

Please reference the thread about teams going back to their real colors. Navy is becoming the most overused color in sports. It's fine if you want to look like a third of the league, but as long as we're talking about creating a distinctive identity, navy is out.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

As for the current look, it needs to go. I suggest they go back to the SB era uniforms with one notable difference-replace all the royal with navy.

Please reference the thread about teams going back to their real colors. Navy is becoming the most overused color in sports. It's fine if you want to look like a third of the league, but as long as we're talking about creating a distinctive identity, navy is out.

Ok, cool. You have your opinion, I have mine. Personally I think cherry red and navy, using the design of the SB era unis would look sharp. It has nothing to do with looking hip, just looking good.

Archived