Sixers.com: new red alternate jerseys

BigEd76

Sixers.com

The Sixers 2006-07 print campaign maintains the retro feel of last season's look with one notable difference - the use of the color red. Red was chosen as the primary color this season to coincide with the unveiling of the 76ers new red alternate uniforms. In keeping with the retro feel, this season's word mark was inspired by the typography used on the 76ers 1975-76 uniforms.

No word on whether it's a throwback or just the fashion jersey we've seen their mascot wearing previously...

philly_thing_logo_300.jpg

Well, that's cute. I guess.

Why don't they just do what really needs to be done?: A completely new uniform.

Yeah, because changing their uniforms less than 10 years after already changing them is a great way to establish a solid brand and a long tradition (which is something everyone here is always wanting teams to have).

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Well, that's cute.  I guess.

Why don't they just do what really needs to be done?:  A completely new uniform.

Yeah, because changing their uniforms less than 10 years after already changing them is a great way to establish a solid brand and a long tradition (which is something everyone here is always wanting teams to have).

A change would be a good thing, they shouldn't make what they have now a tradition. They look horrible. The red, white, and blue needs to come back.

MegatronSig2.jpg

It'd be ok if they made teh blue's the primaries, reds alternate, and dropped the black. The gold isn't a terriible highlight...

They're actually a team that alternate jerseys are perfect for, considering that they could never decide whether their primary road jersey would be red or blue, more or less throughougt their existence.

While I'm not a fan of the whole wave thing with the old style basketball at the end of it, considering that they aren't changing it any time soon, I think a "Phila" wordmark is a great idea. I'm not a huge Sixers fan, but I'd probably grab a shirt that had Phila. in that style. I've always thought that they could pull off a "Phila" alt. Not sure why they abandoned the Shawn Bradley era blue one (prior to going to the red-black-gold mess they have now.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At the very least they need to have the red alt, the current blue alts become the roads and all the black on the homes needs to be changed to blue. Hopefully though they scrap the entire mess and go back to the old logo and Dr. J era or Iverson rookie year unis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

In keeping with the retro feel, this season's word mark was inspired by the typography used on the 76ers 1975-76.

I always love it when alternate jerseys or logos are "inspired by" a historical logo. If the old logo is so great, use it. If it's not, create something new. Otherwise it has the feel of one of those horribly colored fashion jerseys--almost authentic, but something's wrong.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

If there was any doubt before...

"ALLEN IVERSON RED KIDS JERSEY NIGHT (courtesy of Dodge): vs. Memphis, Friday, March 2

As the Sixers sport their brand new, red alternate jerseys in 2006-07, the first 5,000 kids ages 12 and younger through the gates when the Sixers host the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday, March 2, will receive a red Allen Iverson replica jersey. The promotional item, sponsored by Dodge, will bear the seven-time All-Star?s No. 3."

From Sixers.Com

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

If there was any doubt before...

"ALLEN IVERSON RED KIDS JERSEY NIGHT (courtesy of Dodge): vs. Memphis, Friday, March 2

As the Sixers sport their brand new, red alternate jerseys in 2006-07, the first 5,000 kids ages 12 and younger through the gates when the Sixers host the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday, March 2, will receive a red Allen Iverson replica jersey. The promotional item, sponsored by Dodge, will bear the seven-time All-Star?s No. 3."

From Sixers.Com

Well, that will legitimize all those kids shooting 42% from the floor.

Like someone else posted, the mascot's been wearing a red version of the current Sixers jersey for several years:

DETPHI_060329_004.jpg

52090542.jpg

The Sixers probably just decided to add it to their repertoire. Along with the Nets' new red alternate, that would mean nearly half the league has a red jersey at their disposal now.

Croce's been out of the picture for years now. It's time for a change. Even if it is just the colors. Unlike most of you, I don't mind the wide shoulders or wordmark (I don't love it, but I can live with it - just update the ball now.)

Just make the blue the primary, change the black on the white to blue or red (probably blue) (and simplify the trim on the whites) and go with a red alt - but not the Hop Hop one with the black wordmark. Either one with the white wordmark, or a true alt.

Archived