Sixers.com: new red alternate jerseys

BigEd76

Like someone else posted, the mascot's been wearing a red version of the current Sixers jersey for several years:

DETPHI_060329_004.jpg

52090542.jpg

The Sixers probably just decided to add it to their repertoire. Along with the Nets' new red alternate, that would mean nearly half the league has a red jersey at their disposal now.

That thing reminds me of Frank from Donnie Darko.

donniedarko_frank.jpg

I realized something though - the black jerseys are at least better than those gradient ones with the stars, like in Barkley's last year there when he wore 32

Anything's better than those.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Since I'm frustrated with the Rockets concept, I decided to give myself a break from Houston and go back and revamp two old concept I did when I first joined the board last year: the 76ers and Celtics. Here's the ol' Sixers back in Red, White n' Blue.

-Colors back to the real 76ers colors

-My original concept had a different primary logo, but I decided (a) it sucked (cool.gif looked like a barber-pole and a schlong combined © it really sucked, hard. So, since I really llike the current 76ers logo but hate the colors, I went the Jazz/Nuggets route and recolored the logo and rennovated the jerseys. I'm rather pleased with the outcome.

-Jersey design is a bit of a tweak from my original concept. Used the current wordmark though I deleted the ball from it. The side panels is current yet somewhat retro, and I worked in little hints of the jerseys from Allen Iverson's rookie year (the style I miss most from Philly).

The floor is open.

-Starchild, CCSLC member,Monday, May 16th, 2005 - 21:58:36

76ersFinalConcept_Small.jpg

i hope that designer doesn't get mad at me for bringing back his concept :/ , but this is actually or close to what the Sixers should be wearing. :notworthy:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The new jerseys MUST include:

1. the primary colors being red, white, and blue

2. Stars

3. The number 76 in some fashion, either on the shorts or on the chest

4. NO WACKY SIDE PANELS

afterall they were named after the year 1776 so shouldn't the jersey exemplify something remotely associated with liberty, independence, America, the flag, etc?

Enough of the gold and black crap they've got now

Archived