Bengals wearing black on black

number81

Comparing Palmer with other players, there's not much consistency. Palmer has almost no orange in front, Wright (#2) has a lot, #91 has some, and #71 has a little. On another note, Anthony Wright looks like he's wearing bike shorts for crying out loud.

gallery060828-11.jpg

gallery060828-18.jpg

gallery060828-8.jpg

gallery060828-15.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As screwed the design is I don't mind or better yet I can live with the black/white , all white and the white/ black(which I think they could do without. I basically don't see a need for black pants). But i do think they should be wearing orange socks with all combos. I do like the orange/white look too.

I get the impression the only way you guys would like their uniforms is if they were plain black jersys with white numbers with orange outlines and white pants with two black and one orange stripe. And with no evidence of any tiger striping that would identify the team with the Bengal Tiger. Plain plain plain.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

get the impression the only way you guys would like their uniforms is if they were plain black jersys with white numbers with orange outlines and white pants with two black and one orange stripe. And with no evidence of any tiger striping that would identify the team with the Bengal Tiger. Plain plain plain.

--------------------

Fried Rice who said anything about plain white numbers on a black jersey. How about what they had before being a pretty unique and classic design. And all this combo madness is getting old. There should be a rule of two uni combo's. I also hate the alt./ 3rd jersey fad in all of sports but especially in football(I don't mind a throwback once around the Thanksgiving weekend but that's it.) sell them as fashion jerseys and keep them off my beloved gridiron.

I get the impression the only way you guys would like their uniforms is if they were plain black jersys with white numbers with orange outlines and white pants with two black and one orange stripe. And with no evidence of any tiger striping that would identify the team with the Bengal Tiger. Plain plain plain.

I think when you have uniform perfection with your old uniforms, and then you change to something like this that is what gets everyone upset. You may like what the Bengals wear now, but you can't tell me what they are wearing now is better than what they used to wear.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not true. Some examples of fine Bengal threads:

cincinnati-bengals.gif

121597dunn_450x425.jpg

Too much orange and black is not pleasing to the eye. While it works here...

r17244-lge.jpg

It really doesn't work here...

5993fbd66b30403909eb21fcd4c689d322691536.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Not true. Some examples of fine Bengal threads:

cincinnati-bengals.gif

121597dunn_450x425.jpg

Too much orange and black is not pleasing to the eye. While it works here...

r17244-lge.jpg

It really doesn't work here...

5993fbd66b30403909eb21fcd4c689d322691536.jpg

I love that Orange jersey with black pants. Thats sick.

I don't know why everyone complains about modern designs in sports uniforms. I really like the Bengals new stuff.

1. Because they are "new".

2. Because they aren't "retro".

3. Because they look different.

4. Because they don't look like a team from the 1970's.

Actually, I can give you two very legitimate reasons why I don't like this uniform:

1. The white side panels have nothing to do with the rest of the uniform, and look woefully out of place. While the idea of having the side panel carry down to the pants stripe and then transform on the pants may have seemed good on the drawing board (unifying two uniform pieces into a single component,) the execution of it on-field is nothing short of miserable. Either kill the side panel and get rid of the white on the pants stripes, or (this may be insane) run the Bengal stripes all the way up the side panel.

2. The lone "B" on the chest. Either put the complete wordmark, the Bengal head, or the leaping Bengal here. A stripey initial doesn't cut it as a primary logo when the franchise has much better logos gathering dust. My personal preference would be for "Bengals," as that portion of the jersey has been established as wordmark territory.

Those are my complaints, and for me, they ruin what has the potential to be a good look. If these problems were fixed, I'd be all about the Bengals' new look, including the black-on-black and orange-on-black combos - assuming they wore orange socks, of course. But in their current state? No thanks.

Oh, and looking at Anthony Wright makes me wonder: Are basketball "shorts" now longer than football "pants"?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know why everyone complains about modern designs in sports uniforms. I really like the Bengals new stuff.

1. Because they are "new".

2. Because they aren't "retro".

3. Because they look different.

4. Because they don't look like a team from the 1970's.

You forgot this one:

5. Because they look like a cheap Rollerball-inspired nightmare.

The bengals need to go to their orange alt full time. No team wears orange full time and i think it looks better for them.

I agree 110%!! I would be perfectly happy to see them go with orange over white and white over white as their only two uniforms.

Although unnecessary, the white side panel doesn't look nearly as bad on the orange jerseys. Agree?

I think I've finally put my finger on what I hate about the new uniforms

These uniforms are saying "we're a football team who is named after tigers"

Corey_Dillon.JPG

These uniforms are saying "we're tigers who play football"

CarsonPalmer01.jpg

Meaning that the new uniforms are tiger costumes, while the old ones were football uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

At least they wore the orange socks. The big thing for me is that 1) the older jerseys are better 2) the white side panels. Heck orange side panels would be better than the white.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived