Bengals wearing black on black

number81

After watching the Bengals game yesterday, I think I'm onto why the helmet stripe patterns differ from player to player. It appears that they're attempting to avoid sticking the stripes over the air vent holes in the tops of the helmets, and Palmer's helmet has that circular pattern of holes rather than just the one or two down the middle.

If that's the case, I disagree with what they're doing. All the helmets should have the exact same striping alignment and placement, and what's it going to hurt to cover a couple of very tiny holes?

Also on this subject, they're really isn't a great place to have a player autograph these Bengals helmets, since there are stripes all over it. One solution I've seen on some ebay auctions in the past is to actually remove one of the stripes to give the player a nice place to sign. Why anyone would do this, or why anyone would buy this, is beyond me. The helmet is destroyed and worthless once the stripe is removed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching the Bengals game yesterday, I think I'm onto why the helmet stripe patterns differ from player to player. It appears that they're attempting to avoid sticking the stripes over the air vent holes in the tops of the helmets, and Palmer's helmet has that circular pattern of holes rather than just the one or two down the middle.

If that's the case, I disagree with what they're doing. All the helmets should have the exact same striping alignment and placement, and what's it going to hurt to cover a couple of very tiny holes?

Also on this subject, they're really isn't a great place to have a player autograph these Bengals helmets, since there are stripes all over it. One solution I've seen on some ebay auctions in the past is to actually remove one of the stripes to give the player a nice place to sign. Why anyone would do this, or why anyone would buy this, is beyond me. The helmet is destroyed and worthless once the stripe is removed.

I actually own a Bengals helmet and there is room between the stripes for a signature.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

After watching the Bengals game yesterday, I think I'm onto why the helmet stripe patterns differ from player to player.  It appears that they're attempting to avoid sticking the stripes over the air vent holes in the tops of the helmets, and Palmer's helmet has that circular pattern of holes rather than just the one or two down the middle. 

If that's the case, I disagree with what they're doing.  All the helmets should have the exact same striping alignment and placement, and what's it going to hurt to cover a couple of very tiny holes?

Also on this subject, they're really isn't a great place to have a player autograph these Bengals helmets, since there are stripes all over it.  One solution I've seen on some ebay auctions in the past is to actually remove one of the stripes to give the player a nice place to sign.  Why anyone would do this, or why anyone would buy this, is beyond me.  The helmet is destroyed and worthless once the stripe is removed.

I actually own a Bengals helmet and there is room between the stripes for a signature.

Oh, I agree. Some players can surely fit theirs in-between the stripes, but apparently someone felt that they needed to remove one to give them plenty of room to scribble their name.

Archived