Template Madness

whitedawg22

There's a new show coming out on MTV called "Two a Days", about (I think) a high school football team, the related drama, and--as usual--a healthy dose of teen angst. Anyway, guess which "U" the team's uniforms are AN EXACT REPLICA OF?

Picture1.png

You'd think they would have the budget to come up with something remotely original.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

has it ever occurred to you that perhaps high school kids want to emulate one of the most successful collegiate football programs in the country? i know that i always felt tougher and better if i looked like a successful team. Image is everything - if they look like a champion, they feel like a champion, they theoretically play like a champion. It probably had NOTHING to do with a budget- and everything to do with the kids saying "hey, let's get the Miami uniforms!" Not to bash on you or anything - i just think there's a more simple explanation than "they had to buy some crappy nike template because they couldn't afford anything better."

OD_Signature.jpg

has it ever occurred to you that perhaps high school kids want to emulate one of the most successful collegiate football programs in the country? i know that i always felt tougher and better if i looked like a successful team. Image is everything - if they look like a champion, they feel like a champion, they theoretically play like a champion. It probably had NOTHING to do with a budget- and everything to do with the kids saying "hey, let's get the Miami uniforms!" Not to bash on you or anything - i just think there's a more simple explanation than "they had to buy some crappy nike template because they couldn't afford anything better."

In real life, I might agree with what you're trying to say. I played high school football, but I was glad that my jersey was relatively unique. I might be in the minority on that count, or I might not, but that's beside the point. Not only that, but many high schools don't have the budget to design and produce something totally unique. So for a real high school, I have no problem with emulating a successful design.

What I was trying to say regards the fact that this isn't a REAL high school team. This is a show created by the brilliant writers at MTV. As such, they have a large budget and creative license to do whatever they want with the unis. Also, these aren't real football players--they're actors--so the idea of the players wanting to look like their idols doesn't hold water.

MTV claims to set the trends for youth culture. As far as I can stand to watch it, MTV is the Oregon Ducks of television--annoyingly and excessively avant-garde. But given the chance to create an identity for the team on their new show, they instead just used an old Nike template.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

What I was trying to say regards the fact that this isn't a REAL high school team. This is a show created by the brilliant writers at MTV. As such, they have a large budget and creative license to do whatever they want with the unis. Also, these aren't real football players--they're actors--so the idea of the players wanting to look like their idols doesn't hold water.

This is a reality show - it's a real team from Hoover, AL.

"?Two-A-Days? follows the 2005 football season of the Hoover High School Buccaneers of Hoover, Alabama. Viewers will not only watch as the Bucs chase their fourth state championship title in five years, but they will also get an inside look on how players balance the normal pressures of being high school seniors and dealing with personal relationships. In Hoover, football is not just a sport - it?s a WAY OF LIFE - so losing is never an option. Players face the pressures of demanding coaches and practices twice every day while trying to earn football scholarships to some of the country?s most respectable colleges."

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/2_a_days/serie...ys/series.jhtml

Yea i think most High Schools copy a main template that either Nike or Adidas has come out with. My high school uses a jersey that is the template from USC and they only just got it when USC started to win the National Championships.

EDIT: I would post a pic but they are all to big from our team website

JUST CLICK ONE OF THE PICS HERE

Yea i think most High Schools copy a main template that either Nike or Adidas has come out with. My high school uses a jersey that is the template from USC and they only just got it when USC started to win the National Championships.

EDIT: I would post a pic but they are all to big from our team website

JUST CLICK ONE OF THE PICS HERE

Those aren't USC knockoffs. The stripes on the shoulders go all the way around on those uniforms. USC's don't. It's not the same template.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

What I was trying to say regards the fact that this isn't a REAL high school team.  This is a show created by the brilliant writers at MTV.  As such, they have a large budget and creative license to do whatever they want with the unis.  Also, these aren't real football players--they're actors--so the idea of the players wanting to look like their idols doesn't hold water.

To echo dpnation...

You should probably watch the show before you say it's a fictional football team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

(trying to get foot in mouth but not flexible enough)

I should have done more research first; I assumed it was a made-up team. Thanks to all who have corrected me. My problem is that every time I watch MTV for more than about 5 minutes I feel like my intelligence has dropped to the level of Paris Hilton.

high school football uniforms drive me batty. There are so many terrible ones that I find it difficult to even watch the local highlight show. You have mismatching denver broncos stripes, bad number font such as the colorado avalanche font, monochrome, misfitting pants and jerseys, numbers that are black outlined in white on a blue jersey, and that's just one uniform. Why can't the AD's who pick these things out tell the difference between what looks good and what doesn't?

PvO6ZWJ.png

high school football uniforms drive me batty. There are so many terrible ones that I find it difficult to even watch the local highlight show. You have mismatching denver broncos stripes, bad number font such as the colorado avalanche font, monochrome, misfitting pants and jerseys, numbers that are black outlined in white on a blue jersey, and that's just one uniform. Why can't the AD's who pick these things out tell the difference between what looks good and what doesn't?

Our Jerseys match :D. And the team and coaches got to design them in the off season (week out of weights - it was sweet)

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Those aren't USC knockoffs. The stripes on the shoulders go all the way around on those uniforms. USC's don't. It's not the same template.

It is the USC design, it's just that to avoid a lawsuit the company probably decided to change the size of the stripe. Kent State is wearing a Broncos style jersey this season. The fact that it isn't exactly like the Broncos jersey doesn't hise the fact that it is a knockoff

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

(trying to get foot in mouth but not flexible enough)

I should have done more research first; I assumed it was a made-up team. Thanks to all who have corrected me. My problem is that every time I watch MTV for more than about 5 minutes I feel like my intelligence has dropped to the level of Paris Hilton.

Not possible, a dust mop has more brain cells in it than Paris Hilton

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

the jersey's may be an identical replica, but the pants are simply stock pants.

the U has a back graphic apcacunrr_T25_MIAMI_FLOR_18RDK-lg.jpg

Is Miami the only ones with those pants? I was thinking Arizona used a different pant design. I also found it rather funny that both Miami's(OH and FL) are wearing the same design now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived