mcrosby

Stadium Logos

header_bg.jpg

John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin?!?!?!

john_paul_jones_biography.jpg

(NOTE: Yes, I know it's not really THAT John Paul Jones)

They only have halves for college basketball: no quarter.

I think all Seattle area stadiums are covered now.

If you are going to include Tacoma then you might as well include this:

eec-logo.gif

Careful - some of those are modern logos created for old parks. They weren't used during the life of the park.

Still, it's a good resource. Thanks - didn't mean to be as dismissive as it looks on my screen.

Hello all, I've been wondering, are there any other stadiums, arenas, etc., that use different logos than the team that plays there.

We've got 'em down here...

arenalogo_75tall.jpg

hdr_exp_595x105.gif

dome_logo.gif

As far as I can tell, Phoenix is one of only three cities with all four major sports whose teams do not share a home. San Francisco and Detroit are the other two. Here's the logos:

phoenixarenasim4.png

I assume you're counting the San Jose Sharks as being in San Fran, but who's their NBA team? Surely not Golden State? I think that makes it only two cities. Still pretty fascinating.

As far as I can tell, Phoenix is one of only three cities with all four major sports whose teams do not share a home. San Francisco and Detroit are the other two. Here's the logos:

phoenixarenasim4.png

Minneapolis/St. Paul will join that list in 2009 when the new Twins ballpark opens, and the Gophers open their on-campus football stadium...

Moose

phoenixarenasim4.png

SF only has two major sports teams. San Jose and Oakland certainly don't count, pffffft.

As far as I can tell, Phoenix is one of only three cities with all four major sports whose teams do not share a home.  San Francisco and Detroit are the other two. Here's the logos:

phoenixarenasim4.png

SF only has two major sports teams. San Jose and Oakland certainly don't count, pffffft.

espically if you count the Raiders & A's who share McAfee Coliseum so the each team has it's own stadium dosen't apply.

SF has the niners and the Giants

SJ has the sharks

OAK has the raiders, a's and the warriors.

They are three different major cities.