Dear God no

slats7

I don't watch the preseason (even for my team), but I thought the vikes wore white pants with their purple jersey and vice versa.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They could choose to wear all purple, though, cuz they wants to be lookin like Any Given Sunday, yo

That's the problem with the current monochrome trend in the NFL...these wackos actually WANT to look like the losers from that movie! :wacko:

Really? They want to look like the team in that movie? That's the reason they do this? You asked them? Cool.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

I don't think the Vikiings will ever wear the purple on purple. The purple jersey wasn't designed to be worn with purple pants.

Was this combo meant to be worn together?

carson.jpg

I would bet my bottom dollar we will see the Vikings in monochrome sometime this season.

I don't think the Vikiings will ever wear the purple on purple. The purple jersey wasn't designed to be worn with purple pants.

Neither were the Seahawks intended to wear blue on blue as the orginal design concept was blue jerseys with white pants but you see how they screwed that up. I wish they would wear the blue with white pants every once in a while. Very tired of the blue/blue ALL THE TIME.

Was this combo meant to be worn together?

carson.jpg

I would bet my bottom dollar we will see the Vikings in monochrome sometime this season.

Look out below!

They could choose to wear all purple, though, cuz they wants to be lookin like Any Given Sunday, yo

That's the problem with the current monochrome trend in the NFL...these wackos actually WANT to look like the losers from that movie! :wacko:

Really? They want to look like the team in that movie? That's the reason they do this? You asked them? Cool.

Ray Lewis says he likes the all-black Ravens unis because they remind him of his favorite movie, which is Any Given Sunday.

The Seahawks players wanted to wear all-blue because they thought it looked like the cool uniforms from Any Given Sunday.

The Bills players like their all-blue monster suits because it looks tough, like in Any Given Sunday.

Most of the new NFL players love that movie and have lost all their fashion sense.

One would think the Skins would go back to their white/burgundy combo considering that they've been playing like a pee-wee team wearing all white this preseason. :rolleyes:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

It's hit-or-miss with the dark monochromes. I think the Ravens look awesome in all-black (and with purple shirts and black pants), the Seahawks look good in all-blue, the Jags look good with teal shirts and black pants, the Bucs look good with the black shirts and pewter pants (don't know how often they do this).... But some just don't work.

So I guess I'm one of the few who actually like the Redskins' white monochromes?

Don't fret. You're not alone, brother.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I think what the people mean by the viking jersey's not being made to be monochrome is that the striping from the side to the jersey only works with the opposite color. I know someone did a mockup of all purple and all white. It makes the side stripe go from white, to purple, then back to white on the monochrome purple set, while it goes white, continue to white, then into purple on the purple/whitepants set.

That being said the seahawks, bengals, bills, pant stripes were made to fit with any of a different number of combinations. The seahawks and bills have "traditional" striping that doesnt continue into the jersey of any kind, therefore it can be worn with either white or blue jerseys with either pants.

The bengals use the white piece in their pants to fit it into the striping of the jersey also.

So yes those jerseys were made to work monochrome.

And no the vikes werent.

But yes we probably will see vikes monochrome.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

the Bucs look good with the black shirts and pewter pants

I don't think they've ever worn the black jerseys, I think they were just fashion jerseys, I highly even doubt they have it listed. Don't know what games you watch.

Archived