Sign in to follow this  
Shumway

Batting helmet question...

After looking at my Chone Figgins bobblehead, I got to thinking:

Do switch-hitters have 2 different helmets, or do they just have one with both ear flaps? I couldn't find a picture of him where it was easily visible what the case is.

30_1.JPG

Credit eBay for the pic

Here's the bobblehead, BTW...."2005 Stolen Base Leader" along the back of the platform. On the bobblehead, he has the standard single-flap helmet.

Edited by Shumway3319

Figgins must use two different helmets: Picture

The two ear-flap helmets have become a thing of the past now. I don't remember seeing any players use them this year. Jose Vidro and Luis Castillo are the last two I remember seeing with the two earhole-flaps.

That's what I figured, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Figgins must use two different helmets: Picture

The two ear-flap helmets have become a thing of the past now. I don't remember seeing any players use them this year. Jose Vidro and Luis Castillo are the last two I remember seeing with the two earhole-flaps.

Shane Victorino of the Phillies still uses two flaps. He's the only one currently, I believe.

Its personal choice here too if a player wants the double flap or two different helmets.

I have seena a few times this year whereswitch hitters have come up with the wrong flap and thats been comical.

don't forget about Bronson Arroyo. Although he's not a switch hitter, and I think he only uses the double flap at home, which is odd.

A few other players wear the double flap: Sin-Soo Choo, Mark Bellhorn, Trot Nixon at one point, Willie Harris, and Orlando Hudson. There are definitely a few more who are slipping my mind.

Edited by schwep76