President bush surprise vist

NJTank

I know it may be politically motivated I dont care President Bush's trip to Iraq is one of teh coolest thing a sitting President has ever done. Just hearing the excitiment when our troops saw him shows whats realy going on in Iraq. There is nothing but enthuisasm from our troops.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031127/D7V36JE80.html

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That was very cool. It gives a boost of moral to the troops, to let them know the leadership hasn't forgotten about them.

It is by far one of the coolest things a President has done, in recent memory.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i agree, it's plain ol' PR, but...

it's also extremely gutsy to go into a war zone that you're fighting against and keep it so secret as to not let anyone catch wind of it.

good call, because if he can send our best over to be there, he ought to join them for a small morale boost, even if it comes off as being of alterior motives.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Sorry but it was a cheap piece of electioneering!

Cheap? i don't think so. It was a moral boosting move for the troops. A very cool move. THe way he even enterd was awesome. And what was better is that he kept it a secret.. very nice. Was it good PR, sure, but i don'tthink that was his motivation.

Still, it took some bawls to pull of that move, no matter what the purpous.

He reminds me alot of Reagan. He will be remembered as a great president. He's 1000% better than Clinton was as it stands right now...

sB9ijEj.png

Was it good PR, sure, but i don'tthink that was his motivation.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good morale booster for the troops and stuff, but Bush's only motivation was to boost his poll  ratings going into the 'pre-'election season. Sorry to be so cynical but I really don't buy this guy at all. In his own way he is every bit as phoney as Clinton or for that matter Reagan.

Now if I only had a vote!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm not saying it wasn't a good morale booster for the troops and stuff, but Bush's only motivation was to boost his poll ratings going into the 'pre-'election season. Sorry to be so cynical but I really don't buy this guy at all. In his own way he is every bit as phoney as Clinton or for that matter Reagan.

You do... vote for Blair again. He may be a left-winger but he has the same bawls as Bush does...

sB9ijEj.png

Every move made by every politican has political motives to it, thats just a fact of life. However sometimes they do something that is just beyond words, and is so great its not important and this is one of those cases. This was risky and really shows how great of Preisdent George W. Bush is.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm not saying it wasn't a good morale booster for the troops and stuff, but Bush's only motivation was to boost his poll ratings going into the 'pre-'election season. Sorry to be so cynical but I really don't buy this guy at all. In his own way he is every bit as phoney as Clinton or for that matter Reagan.

You do... vote for Blair again. He may be a left-winger but he has the same bawls as Bush does...

sometimes it takes more balls to not go to war than to go to war!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yes, it does take more balls not to go to war. You have to have some kind of balls to endanger your countrymen by taking that chance...

sB9ijEj.png

He had all the camera men around him.  It's a big PR move.  Now look who went and barely got anything if even a mention. Hillary Clinton.  Now I know she isn't the president of the US, but there are not very many shots of here there.  That was a moral boasting trip for her.  Bush is all reelect.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Yes, it does take more balls not to go to war. You have to have some kind of balls to endanger your countrymen by taking that chance...

Let's not forget however that in the biggest conflict of the past 100 years, it took the U.S. several years and Pearl Harbor before they decided it was important enough to get involved in.

Alas, let's not turn this into an debate about the merits of the war, personally I was more or less in favour. Nice move by Bush to visit the troops on Thanksgiving, regardless of what his true motivation was.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Are you saying Hillary did something that wasn't politicly motivated. I don't belive that. Everything she does is politicly motivated. After all she ran for senator in a state that wasn't her home state. It was politicly motivated, it just didn't get press.

As far as Bush, Yes it was a PR move, but it was still gutsy move. He was the first president to go into an active war zone. It was gutsy.

I feel Bush is a great leader for standing up to a evil dictator and the countries that are in bed with him.

Habsfannova, great logic. Maybe Churchill, Truman, and if he didn't die FDR should have gone to trial for war crime. After all you want Bush on war crimes for going after an evil dictator. Why should thay have gone for doing the same.

Maybe becasue those three's actions were brought up becasue THE AXIS POWERS ATTACKED FIRST!! Bush started his war! He sent the first troops in, he started the war. He didn't listen to the UN, he didn't give a damn what others thought unless they agreed with him, he typified the arrogant American stereotype that sadly is the basis of European thought.

I agreed with the Gulf War, becasue Sadaam invaded Kuwait, and was kicked out of Kuwait. It was a perfectly done operation that saved the Kuwait residents.

This war, however, was total horsesh--. Peaceful methods should be used. The one who starts the fight is the one who should be blamed.

And please, out of respect, don't compare this travesty with the Second World War.  This wasn't a war, it was a massacre.

Peaceful meathods were tried for 12 years. And I'm not surprised they failed. An evil dictator like Saddam (I probably misspelled that) who has gassed his people in the past probably won't listen unless thier are guns pointed at his head. The US went in to stop him becuase he would not act peacefully.

You can't say the world isn't say world isn't a safer place now that Saddam has lost most of his power.

Maybe becasue those three's actions were brought up becasue THE AXIS POWERS ATTACKED FIRST!! Bush started his war! He sent the first troops in, he started the war. He didn't listen to the UN, he didn't give a damn what others thought unless they agreed with him, he typified the arrogant American stereotype that sadly is the basis of European thought.

I agreed with the Gulf War, becasue Sadaam invaded Kuwait, and was kicked out of Kuwait. It was a perfectly done operation that saved the Kuwait residents.

This war, however, was total horsesh--. Peaceful methods should be used. The one who starts the fight is the one who should be blamed.

And please, out of respect, don't compare this travesty with the Second World War. This wasn't a war, it was a massacre.

It was a massacre of an evil dictator and his regime. I have no sympathy for anyone who sides with saddam or his thugs. Your the typical Canadian, or european.. i can never tell which because you simply follow whatever France or Germany say. The world is a safer place without Saddam, there is no denying that, and right now American men and women are fighting and dying to help preserve the newly found freedom of the Iraqui people from a few terrorist thugs want the saddam regim back in power because it favors them. THere is no logical reason to defend the Saddam people in this fight. You are on the losing end of it. And what's more, we did the right thing, DESPITE the so-called powers of France and Germany fighting us tooth and nail. We tried the UN. We tried it for 12 damn years, and what was accomplished? what was done? Nothing. And ifthe UN was still doing it's thing, Saddam would still be in power, and guess what? NOTHING would have been accomplished.

sB9ijEj.png

Peaceful meathods were tried for 12 years. And I'm not surprised they failed. An evil dictator like Saddam (I probably misspelled that) who has gassed his people in the past probably won't listen unless thier are guns pointed at his head. The US went in to stop him becuase he would not act peacefully.

You can't say the world isn't say world isn't a safer place now that Saddam has lost most of his power.

Uh, yeah I can, you awoke a lot more terrorists now than were angered before. Now they have more reason to hate the United States.  Arabs were invaded and killed by the US.  The WORLD is not a safer place.  The war will probably cause MORE terrorism then was prevented.

However, Iraq WILL BE, though it isn't now. The dethrowning of Saadam was a good thing. It should have been accomplished differently.  A peaceful power change would have taken away the horrible anarchy that followed the massacre.

And Canadians don't listen to anybody when it comes to foreign policy. Our founders were British, and we're right next to the most powerful nation on earth. Yet, we still have our own minds about our country and the world and have the balls to state that out loud. Trudeau set us apart, and I am very glad he did.

And if you think all Canadians think the same, just talk to Preston Manning....... :P

Regardless of the Iraqi situation (personally, I feel it was handled pretty well considering all the circumstances surrounding it),  we Canadians just loooooove how poorly the American government handled the mad cow situation from this past summer.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived