President bush surprise vist

NJTank

Speaking of mad cow.  My former science teacher talked his daughter out of eating red meat.  Everytime she took a bite out of a burger he would go you could be getting mad cow right now.  After he give us that spiel I didn't eat red meat for like 3 weeks.  Then I was the like the heck with it.  Good Food = Meat.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I need my steaks and brugers and roast beef screw mad cow its better to have  short life and enjoy what you eat then to be miserable eating tofu.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You can't say the world isn't say world isn't a safer place now that Saddam has lost most of his power.

I can and I will! At least we knew who the threat was, and we knew that Saddam wasn't dumb enough after the first Gulf War to risk anything stupid. Now we have no idea ecxactly who or where the enemy is in Iraq but they are sure as hell out there.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

At least we knew who the threat was, and we knew that Saddam wasn't dumb enough after the first Gulf War to risk anything stupid. Now we have no idea ecxactly who or where the enemy is in Iraq but they are sure as hell out there.

Yea, because all know Saddam was a very stable leader, and he would do nothing to try and attack American interests or that of any western nation. The fact is he was activly trying to get a nuclear program re-started, and he had bio-chem weapons. Those are facts, there is no doubt about that. Now your telling me, this man who had a 10 year war with Iran, gassed the Kurds in his own country, then invaded an Arab neighbor, was not ever going to use these weapons?

You people live in a dream world where talking with people resolves everything. Sometimes it does. But after twelve years of banging your head against a wall, the talking has to stop, and the action must take place. This is the UN's problem. They are nothing but a talkbox. All words, no action. They have become an irrelevant political entity, much like the League of Nations was.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

All words, no action. They have become an irrelevant political entity, much like the League of Nations was.

One of the main reasons the League failed was that the US didn't join. One of the main reasons the UN is struggling to deal with all the problems of the world is that the current US administration treats it with contempt.

nd on Saddam, if he was such a threat to anyone, what was he about to do? Answer= nothing, his main objective was to hold onto power, not to destroy the world or America, he would not have done anything to upset the US, because he knew, unlike the US government just how flimsy his army was.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

nd on Saddam, if he was such a threat to anyone, what was he about to do? Answer= nothing, his main objective was to hold onto power, not to destroy the world or America, he would not have done anything to upset the US, because he knew, unlike the US government just how flimsy his army was.

Hmm, I think this is an excellent point... why would saddam do anything to the U.S.?   He wasn't an idiot, he was aware of what would happen if he did do anything to upset the U.S.  I think he learned that in 1991.

But it's all speculation, if Saddam had done something we would all be asking "why didn't we stop him sooner?"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

But it's all speculation, if Saddam had done something we would all be asking "why didn't we stop him sooner?"

Exactly. And i'm from the school of "Better safe than sorry." He was unstable, brutal, and while he did love power and would do anything to keep he, he also loved the idea of his legacy. He wanted to be rememberd as the great Arab who fought the western powers and won. According to Saddam's history, he won the '91 Gulf War. He wanted to produce a nuclear "Islam Bomb", but Pakistan beat him to it, he still wanted it though, as a symbol of his power. And above all, he was a thug. If he could have gotten a way to attack U.S. interest or the U.S. itself, and not be implicated, he would have done it in a heartbeat. Not to mention the evidence of the meeting between an Iraqi official and an al Quaeda senior member in the weeks before September 11th, in Germany.

He does have bio-chem weapons. Someone who is a street thug like Saddam doesn't research, produce, and stock those weapons if he doesn't plan to use them. Unlike western states who have (but are now destroying) nuclear and bio-chem weapons as deterrants, Saddam was stockpiling them for future use.

We were right to remove him from power, and to give the Iraqi people their freedom. THe sunni muslims don't like it because they were favored above all others in Saddams little world, so they are naturally going to be resistantto including the Shi`ite and kurdish peoples into the new Iraq, but they will settle down, anbd the foreign terrorists will be destoryed, and eventually, 3 - 5 years down the line, Iraq will begin to look like an actual country....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I must sa I have enjoyed the intelligent debate that can occur when cool heads, sharp wits, and interesting topics collide.

JQK, you make some excellent points about Saddam and his evil regime. As happy as I am that Saddam is not in power, I wish the U.S. would've helped empower the United Nations, assisting in making it the viable multinational arena that it was created to be, rather than disregarding it, and going out on its own and challenging other countries to do the same. I can understand that beating your heads against the wall that was the UN for many years on the Iraq issue is frustrating, but believe me, the U.S., being the single most powerful nation on earth, would have put their strength fully behind the UN, and urged it strongly to seriously consider action, I believe the world would have been better off.

For this reason, I personally believe that the coutnries who chose not to engage in the war effort are justified in their actions. In the opinions of many nations, the U.S. was doing the wrong thing for the right reasons... but in their opinions, it was still doing the wrong thing.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived