Philly Sports Chatter

DJR118

A friend of mine plans on launching a website called "Philly Sports Chatter." Not quite a blog, but it will have commentary articles on whats happening in the world of sports in Philadelphia, along with a message board forum. He asked me to design a main logo and a banner, and while I'm pretty new to this, I gave it my best shot. The main logo I did by finding a decent picture of the Philadelphia skyline that included One Liberty Place, Two Liberty Place, and Mellon Bank Center because they're three of the most prominent structures in the skyline. My next step was to make them recognizable, yet not terrible realistic. basically my own little artist's rendition if you will. This took a while because I was constantly zooming in and out and trying to get to every pixel just the way I wanted. The banner was much more simple, and I'm not sure if this is the final product. Nate (the guy behind PSC) asked to put the logo on the left side, and restricted the banner to 770x98. Its a bit smaller height-wise than I'd like, but I think it will do. The rest of the banner is what I'm not sure about, I think I like the logos the way they are, but I haven't heard back from Nate to see what he thinks. Thanks for looking, hope you like it, C+C if you'd like.

sportslogosbannerandlogojf9.png

worldchampsll1.png

I really like the logo. I'm not sure about the banner though. Maybe bring the logo forward, and in the same style except solid as the others?

it is as forward as it can be, and by like the others do you mean bigger and overlapping but solid?

worldchampsll1.png

it is as forward as it can be, and by like the others do you mean bigger and overlapping but solid?

Yes, bigger and overlapping but solid is what I meant. Sorry for not making that clearer.

no thats cool, thats what i thought you meant - thanks for the posts, i'll see what the owner of the site wants, and i'll certainly suggest it

worldchampsll1.png

Will be outdated in a few months when Comcast Center overtakes Liberty 1 as the tallest building.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I said months because that is when the concrete core should be high enough to be visible in most skyline views. It should top-out next spring, and be complete by end of 07. It is already pretty visible here

comcast_uc379_psfs.jpg

Some companies have already started modifying their logos (very poorly in this case) because of it:

logo.gif

As for your logo, I know you aren't going for 100% exactitude, but you should work on Mellon a little bit. See the pic I posted above, and you'll notice the difference in slope in the pyramid between it and your drawing. That and the block it sits on (for lack of a technical term) should be slightly higher.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived