Vick jersey cut

Krona

I know that sleeves are history and a tight cut is in, but this is a bit much.

p.s: this seems like best place to post this with all the uni talk. any chance this board could be "sports logos/uniforms" or maybe uniforms could get their own? just a thought. chime in everyone.

Vick.gif

I've seen jerseys cut tighter than this. In fact I have a Scottish Claymores jersey that is significantly cut down from it's origional XL. Just surprised that Vick's jersey was cut so small. Of course a kicker could have worn that jersey before

What, exactly, is wrong with that?

Tighter looks better. Loose clothes make people look fatter - in sports and every day life (hint hint, big people on the board who wear baggy jerseys).

It plays better. They are more aero dynamic and have less fabric for opposing players to grab onto.

And, last but not least, a tighter fit means that the poor, underfed, underpaid sweatshop workers that make the jerseys have less to sew, cut, and work with.

Peace out, home skillets.

Tighter looks better. Loose clothes make people look fatter - in sports and every day life (hint hint, big people on the board who wear baggy jerseys).

It plays better. They are more aero dynamic and have less fabric for opposing players to grab onto.

And, last but not least, a tighter fit means that the poor, underfed, underpaid sweatshop workers that make the jerseys have less to sew, cut, and work with.

Okay Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, if sports was a fashion show then we wouldn't have teams running around in yellow and silver pants or pinstriped vests. It's a uniform that you play a game in. And while we REALLY (read: not at all) appreciate your opinion on the matter of tight fitting close looking better, we are discussing sports here. I know that personally if I wanted to watch guys run around in skin-tight bodysuits, I'd get into Olympic bobsledding. Plus, what happened to that whole element of the football uniform...uh....padding? Last time I remember it was a contact sport. I'm sure Marcus will remember that when he separates his shoulder. And as for you, home skillet, try not talking down to the people of this board (not that I'm not SURE you're 10 times cooler than the rest of us).

And while we REALLY (read: not at all) appreciate your opinion on the matter of tight fitting close looking better, we are discussing sports here.

The thing is, we're NOT discussing sports. We are discussing sports uniforms. Everything that JFR said regarding tight uniforms looking better is 100% relative to the debate.

Step back and think about what you are saying before you speak for the entire board (and the connotations that someone is gay for caring about sports fashion can go, too).

What is wrong with tight jerseys? They eliminate sleeve stripes. That and that alone is why so many people here have problems with them. The tight jerseys take away what used to be a major part of football uniform design. The hate for them has nothing to do with on the field play or anything like that.

I'd bet there's a lot of jersey cut just as tight as that...it just appears that Vick doesn't wear very big shoulder pads at all, so instead of being tight and big because of shoulder pads, this is tight right on the shoulders.

He doesn't wear big shoulderpads because I highly doubt he'll ever play :P .

It look awful though...you can't even see the sleeve striping.

I agree. Let the players choose function over fashion when it comes to sleeves and whatnot. Those old "Jason masks" hockey goaltenders used to wear look cooler than the helmets they're sporting now, huh? How 'bout forcing goalies to go back to that look!

Okay Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, if sports was a fashion show then we wouldn't have teams running around in yellow and silver pants or pinstriped vests. It's a uniform that you play a game in. And while we REALLY (read: not at all) appreciate your opinion on the matter of tight fitting close looking better, we are discussing sports here. I know that personally if I wanted to watch guys run around in skin-tight bodysuits, I'd get into Olympic bobsledding. Plus, what happened to that whole element of the football uniform...uh....padding? Last time I remember it was a contact sport. I'm sure Marcus will remember that when he separates his shoulder. And as for you, home skillet, try not talking down to the people of this board (not that I'm not SURE you're 10 times cooler than the rest of us).

Waaaaay back...and GONE! Home run. Very nice! Excellent response Chazberg. :notworthy:

Say what you want about stripes and other bulls**t but I play high school football and TIGHT is what feels better AND what looks better to us. Having sleeves always felt like extra drag. When your equipment (including jerseys) is tight, you feel lighter and move faster. And I can respect the "Queer Eye's" opinion that they do in fact look way better. Because they do. People on this board always want to keep old styles when it comes to uniforms and equipment (see: baseball socks) but the fact is players like me don't care. Function is the fashion right now. That's why you see baseball players with their socks covered and why UnderArmour is so freakin popular. Just look at the Riddell Revolution helmets (REVOs as we call em at my school). Posters on this board hate em, players love em. Because they are better functioning and just plain cooler. If you've got a REVO on you look mean on that field and you know it.

Sorry if that became rant-ish.

What is wrong with tight jerseys? They eliminate sleeve stripes. That and that alone is why so many people here have problems with them. The tight jerseys take away what used to be a major part of football uniform design. The hate for them has nothing to do with on the field play or anything like that.

So design and striping is more important than performance?

Really?

Ya sure?

Waaaaay back...and GONE! Home run. Very nice! Excellent response Chazberg. :notworthy:

Except for the fact that he completely forgot my response than the tighter plays better and is better for performance. Other than that, he typed a lot and said nothing, whereas returntoglory16, someone who actually plays football, agreed with me.

So design and striping is more important than performance?

Really?

Ya sure?

did I say design and striping were more important than function? I gave you the reason why people here hate tight football jerseys. Myself, personally am quite fond of tight jerseys and the designs they have inspired.

Next time I'd appreciate if you read my response before you replied with one of your awesome sarcastic quips. I bet this post warrants another.

Function is the fashion right now. That's why you see baseball players with their socks covered and why UnderArmour is so freakin popular. Just look at the Riddell Revolution helmets (REVOs as we call em at my school). Posters on this board hate em, players love em. Because they are better functioning and just plain cooler. If you've got a REVO on you look mean on that field and you know it.

Sorry if that became rant-ish.

What? How do long pants enhance performance? Plus, look at the jersey some of these baseball players are wearing. theyre huge. sleeves past the elbows on some. if it was about all about function, woudnt all baseball players wear tight cuts?

the tight vs baggy debate is all about fads. tight shorts were worn in the NBA. sleeves were worn in football, baseball players had baggy pants and droopy jerseys. old cuts came back in baseball and i could see them return in other sports.(except the shorts in the NBA). And as for the comment about looking mean in a REVO, this is what mean looks like.

Lambert.gif

It has nothing to do with your helmet. If youre counting on your equipment to "look mean", then you shouldnt be on the field.

Archived