New hockey movie coming soon

Notch Novelty

It's going to be painful listening to actors fake Boston accents. Everyone will sound like they are trying to be Lenny Clarke.

You know, it's pretty funny you say that because I have never seen a movie where someone does a good Bostonian accent.  It seems so forced all the time.  I loved Good Will Hunting, but hearing them force that accent killed me.  Maybe us Bostonians are the only ones that pick this up?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't that us Americans, Canadians, or in your case Saints, Britons, will ever see eye to eye on this. Canadians hate us, the British hate us, and we think everything revolves around us (which it does...)

:P

I don't hate Americans, far from it! I love a lot of thoings about your country. I also hate a lot of things about your country, which is why I would never emigrate. And to be honest I think the major reason a lot of Brits hate America at the moment has to do with the guy in the White House right now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, Britan is ok.... 'cept the food.. and teeth...

And as much as i like Blair for his strong leadership skills and the balls he has shown over the last year and a half, he's still a lefty, and i just don't dig that... But when it came down to it, he did what was right, eventhough his own party told him not to. Takes alot to do that.

Oh, and if ya can, can you give back that last little piece of Ireland back to the Irish? Thanks...  :D  :;):

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's going to be painful listening to actors fake Boston accents. Everyone will sound like they are trying to be Lenny Clarke.

You know, it's pretty funny you say that because I have never seen a movie where someone does a good Bostonian accent. It seems so forced all the time. I loved Good Will Hunting, but hearing them force that accent killed me. Maybe us Bostonians are the only ones that pick this up?

And aren't Damon and Affleck from Boston? Neither one sounds like a native Bostonian when they play one in the movies.

The only one that kind of sounds normal is Lenny Clarke, and his even sounds obnoxiously forced. Try watching that show "It's all Relative". It's supposed to take place around a South Boston bar. Clark's the only one with a normal accent, the woman who plays his wife is just bad. And the two gays guys don't have accents either...gay or not, if your from Boston, you talk a certain way. The fakers can be spotted.

wicked pissah, nomah rules!!!!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't hate Americans, far from it! I love a lot of thoings about your country. I also hate a lot of things about your country, which is why I would never emigrate. And to be honest I think the major reason a lot of Brits hate America at the moment has to do with the guy in the White House right now.

Thats because he puts America first like he should and could careless if the world likes it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Thats because he puts America first like he should and could careless if the world likes it.

Ah yes that would be it! Never mind intelligent diplomatic and broad minded leadership, lets kick the crap out of every piss ant little country we can find, ignore every highly intelligent and worthwhile international agreement, and heck lets live for today, because sometime the Democrats will be back and we can blame the plop we leave behind on them!

Oops was I getting too political there!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

We got Saddam, and he was murdering thousands I guess tahts a bad thing.

Hell if a group of dicators think we are backwards lets stop being a democracy because the will of teh world wanst the UN in charge.

The UN is against freedom they always symopthise with the backward 3rd world over theUS so lets jsut do what they say be damned all the millions murdered in Rawanda, becuae the Cintons just let theUN try to control it

Saintfan do u have a poster of Nevel Chamberlain in your room, becuase of him Hitler was almost goose stepping across teh English Channel.

Becuase talking is the path of Chamberlain and if not for men like Curchill and George W. Bush evil would rule this world.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Don't even start comparing Churchill to Bush......that's just asinine.  There was never any chance Germany could have completly controlled Britain.  They didn't have the navy.

Britain had about the same population of Germany, but they had the ANZAC, Canadian, Indian, and various African armies to back them up.  

What could Chamberlin do?  His and the French army were not prepared, the US was not going to help (YOU GUYS made that assured) and they had nowhere near the power of the German army.  They had to buy time.

Besides, was Sadaam going to invade anyone?  No.  He wasn't.  His reign was effectivly over.  His army was battered.  

THERE IS NO WAY THIS MASSACRE CAN BE COMPARED TO THE SECOND WORLD WAR. NO WAY.

We got Saddam, and he was murdering thousands I guess tahts a bad thing.

Hell if a group of dicators think we are backwards lets stop being a democracy because the will of teh world wanst the UN in charge.

The UN is against freedom they always symopthise with the backward 3rd world over theUS so lets jsut do what they say be damned all the millions murdered in Rawanda, becuae the Cintons just let theUN try to control it

Saintfan do u have a poster of Nevel Chamberlain in your room, becuase of him Hitler was almost goose stepping across teh English Channel.

Becuase talking is the path of Chamberlain and if not for men like Curchill and George W. Bush evil would rule this world.

Okay number 1 Saddam being arrested is a good thing. Too bad that Iraq had to be destroyed as a country to do it.

The other half the dictators in the world are in the back pockets of the US. (It was FDR who said of one Central American dictator he maybe a son of a bitch but he is our son of a bitch!)

The UN is not against freedom, if you have proof, or any action the UN has taken to back up your statement I will debate you on that. And if Bush had been in the White House then the US wouldn't have gone near Rwanda.

Chamberlain was a good and dignified man. He tried to stop the world teetering into a war such as the one his son had died in. He also had to face reality that Britain neither wanted nor could fight a war during the 1930s.

War will not have helped Iraq in the long run (I am talking 20-30 years here.) War has not helped Korea, Vietnam, any amount of African countries and has created the conditions in which druglords can control many parts of the third world and feed many Americans, Britains and others there habbit. This is not to say war cannot be a good thing, Hitler was only gonna be stopped in the end by war, the South in the US wasn't about to give up slavery without a fight. But wars aren't the only answer and need to be applied to the correct situations.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Iraq was not destroyed as a country. Jesus christ you people have such a negative outlook. The country is doing better now than it has done in Decades... DECADES!

And in a few years they are going to be a vibrant, peaceful and productive member of the world society. Wow, yes, that's evil. How God damned evil are we for wanting to help people out, and get rid of a bully and Stalinistic leader... wow

And as for the U.N., a Iraqi man addressed them not too long ago, and just lambasted them. I mean he freakin' just tore up the U.N. for not doing anything to help his country during the last 12 years or the previous 20 before the Gulf War. I mean.. i wish i could find a transcrip of what he said.. it was.. some powerful stuff. ANd it just again proves the point that the U.N. is an irrelevant political body that has no power, and no leadership. It is an Anti-Semetic, Anti-American organization, and the sooner we get it out of this country, and get rid of it all together, the better...

Chamberlain was not a good leader. He single handedly gave over otherpeoples land to the Germans, just so they wouldn't attack Britan. Wow, and you guys call us bad and evil? That's hidiously awful. Bush isn't Churchill, but he does have that Churchillian quality, that bold leadership skill. It really is remarkable.

Anyways, you wacky Europeans and Canucks will never look at things our way.. well.. because your Europeans and Canucks, you hate us no matter what, wether we do good or bad, it doesn't matter, anything we do is bad in your eyes, so let's just talk about Hockey, and in hockey, USA over Russia in 80 is the best, and biggest, upset. No doubt.

sB9ijEj.png

Wow, one man in Iraq.  That's a great source.  What about all the mothers whose children were killed?  How about all the men tortured and held in prisons on suspision?  How about the families whose homes were destroyed?  The American Media doesn't show you them.  They show some happy Iraqis in some safe quarters of the city.  They dont' show the looting, violence, and anarchy in others.

Leadership skill?  Yeah, I could tell my generals to bomb a country too.  It's not hard.

AND, Sweden-Belarus is the best.  One of my favourite ones to watch, ever......even the refs were fair in that one.

How about all the men tortured and held in prisons on suspision?

they woul be happy the US came, since Saddum was the one torturing people.

How did a post on a movie turn into a debate over the Iraq war? I see how it was turned into the biggest upset debate (USA over Russia is bigger than Belerus, see reason I posted above).

Let's get back on topic.

How about all the men tortured and held in prisons on suspision?

they woul be happy the US came, since Saddum was the one torturing people.

How did a post on a movie turn into a debate over the Iraq war? I see how it was turned into the biggest upset debate (USA over Russia is bigger than Belerus, see reason I posted above).

Let's get back on topic.

I meant the ones in US prisons.

Anyway, your logic is faulty.  Sweden was the favourite becasue of their defeat of Canada.  Plus, again, the refs in Salt Lake were actually neuteral in that match.

What about all the mothers whose children were killed? How about all the men tortured and held in prisons on suspision? How about the families whose homes were destroyed? The American Media doesn't show you them.

Wh-wh-what!!!

Excuse me?

All the media is doing is showing all the danging bad :censored:. All they are doing is showing the dead bodies and reporting the death and carnage that is still a part of that country. Do you see them reporting anything, ANYTHING good? do you even pay attention to what's on the television? They make it seem like the war is a failure and that the country is falling into ruin.They don't show the Hospitals up andrunning, the schools that are back in session, The budding infrastructure of the nation. The liberal media in this countyr has tried to sabatoge this thing from the get go, buy only reporting the bad, and conviently hiding the good.

People die, it's a war, it happens. Civilian suffering was minimal, not to mention that they are now free, free from suffering under Saddam. I think that's worth a few casualties. Freedom is worth dying for. Iraqis have died, British have died, and Americans have died, but a country and a people are now free. It has been worth it.

sB9ijEj.png

Iraq was not destroyed as a country. Jesus christ you people have such a negative outlook. The country is doing better now than it has done in Decades... DECADES!

And in a few years they are going to be a vibrant, peaceful and productive member of the world society. Wow, yes, that's evil. How God damned evil are we for wanting to help people out, and get rid of a bully and Stalinistic leader... wow

And as for the U.N., a Iraqi man addressed them not too long ago, and just lambasted them. I mean he freakin' just tore up the U.N. for not doing anything to help his country during the last 12 years or the previous 20 before the Gulf War. I mean.. i wish i could find a transcrip of what he said.. it was.. some powerful stuff. ANd it just again proves the point that the U.N. is an irrelevant political body that has no power, and no leadership. It is an Anti-Semetic, Anti-American organization, and the sooner we get it out of this country, and get rid of it all together, the better...

Chamberlain was not a good leader. He single handedly gave over otherpeoples land to the Germans, just so they wouldn't attack Britan. Wow, and you guys call us bad and evil? That's hidiously awful. Bush isn't Churchill, but he does have that Churchillian quality, that bold leadership skill. It really is remarkable.

Anyways, you wacky Europeans and Canucks will never look at things our way.. well.. because your Europeans and Canucks, you hate us no matter what, wether we do good or bad, it doesn't matter, anything we do is bad in your eyes, so let's just talk about Hockey, and in hockey, USA over Russia in 80 is the best, and biggest, upset. No doubt.

Hmm, because having people running round your country terrorising it is doing well! I'd listen more attentively to Americans cheering the end of bad leaders if they did it the world over, I have never heard an American say a word about Robert Mugabe for instance.

I never accused America of being evil, I never accused George W Bush of being evil. Wrong yes, evil no.

Strabge also how befroe the Gulf War Saddam Hussein was an ally of the US, no wonder the UN did nothing about him. Given that the UN is run by the US. (When has the UN done anything against the interests of the USA??) (answer for those scratching there heads, NEVER)

I never said Neville Chamberlain was a good leader. However would Britian have won a war with Germany had they declared it in 1936, or 1938?? Probably not and then were would we be. And some of the land Hitler took was to the people who lived in that land German anyway. And Bush is no more than a jumped up little rich kid who thinks he can do whatever he wants because of who he is.

I have already said in this thread that I don't hate Americans. America has done more good in the world than bad. Thats why it infuriates me that the current president is doing such a goddam awful job of securing world peace.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

the U.N. is run by the USA? Are you insane? The U.N. is the biggest Anti-American organization in the flipping world! It's even more anti-american than the Democratic Party...

They NEVER do anything we ask. We ask for help, and they spit in our face.. or they pass resolutins that aren't worth the paper they are printed on. They talk, they talk, they talk, and they do nothing.

And habs, seeing how the Iraqis never were allowed to have a choice, and were not allowed to speak up, we had to take the word of the people that actually escaped that country, and then were free to speak.

Did you see Baghdad the day saddam left? Did you see the people take down the statue, and for the first time taste freedom? I am still amazed at how you people can be against a war that freed an entire country and people. I had no idea inferiority complexes were so widespread.

sB9ijEj.png

Archived