New hockey movie coming soon

Notch Novelty

the U.N. is run by the USA? Are you insane? The U.N. is the biggest Anti-American organization in the flipping world! It's even more anti-american than the Democratic Party...

They NEVER do anything we ask. We ask for help, and they spit in our face.. or they pass resolutins that aren't worth the paper they are printed on. They talk, they talk, they talk, and they do nothing.

And habs, seeing how the Iraqis never were allowed to have a choice, and were not allowed to speak up, we had to take the word of the people that actually escaped that country, and then were free to speak.

Did you see Baghdad the day saddam left? Did you see the people take down the statue, and for the first time taste freedom? I am still amazed at how you people can be against a war that freed an entire country and people. I had no idea inferiority complexes were so widespread.

THAT WAS THE POINT I MADE IN ONE OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS!  They showed the celebration, but in other parts, they were shooting and looting!  It was Chaos!  It was horrible!  But you saw a quarter of the city the government wanted you to see!

Americans like you are unbelieveable.  I'm hardcore NDP, but I would never say the Alliance or the new Conservative party is anti-Canadian.  And they're more right wing then the Republicans!  How could you call a political party anti-american?

Umm, The UN is in New York.  And how could it be anti-semetic when it lets Isreal get away with murder(LITERALY).  It is a forum, not an "invading body out to desecrate freedom"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats why they hate Bush and America under Bush JQK, we are have a strong bold leader who has a clear vision for the world.

With wishy washy leaders like Clinton they set the agenda, and thats is what this about, France was getting Millions from Saddam, and Im sick of people saying the world was against it.

The UK was a great ally thanks to the leadership of Blair a Liberal> He put polictis aside becuase he knew we were right to go into Iraq, unless of course those mass graves and torture videos are your bag, then you and Chirac would have alllot in common.

We had other countries helping us too, like Italy, Poland and Australia. No one reports that.

Some how if the French are against it then its wrong. BTW that is who really controls the UN is the French, at least French thinking and we all know the French battle flag is pure white.

A stand has to be made sometimes Saddam had 12 years of fooling the UN stealsing the Oil for Food Money, so if the UN was effective that would have never happened.

And for more proof force works, Momar Khadafie is allowing inspectors in and wants to cooperate now. If we just talked and talked he would still be building and laughing at our toothless sanctions and bills.

I mean if you give a UN directive and its ignored and you dont do anything then its like a child in the 6th grade who is told by the teacher he will call his mother, but the teacher never calls no matter how bad the kid gets the kid will get progessivly worse as he knows the threats are hollow and he will get away with it always.

War sucks but its neccesary, peace and fredom are not free, and if you are not willing to fight for it then I dont know what to say.

Which brings us full circle to the 1980 Olympics

Jimmy Carter did all the talking did all the diplomacy and he was walked all over by the world we had hostages in Iran the Soviets on the march, and the confidence of the American ppl was at an all-time low.

Had Carter beeen take charge like Bush some of the problems we have today in the mideast woudl not be happening. Diplomacy can only go so far and if you are all talk then you have nothing to back your words up.

We are a proud country today and its because of teh strength of George W. Bush, if we had some one who just talked chances are things coudl have been allot worse for us folloing September 11th.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the U.N. is run by the USA? Are you insane? The U.N. is the biggest Anti-American organization in the flipping world! It's even more anti-american than the Democratic Party...

*Laughing uncontrollably*

I'm sorry! The UN anti-American!! Were does the UN get its money- The US. If you can name me ONE thing the UN has EVER done against the interests of the USA then fair enough! But you won't be able to. Because it hasn't. EVER. The USA is the most powerful, richest country on the UN security council, it can stop the UN doing anything. It can stop other people from stopping the UN do stuff.

And why is wanting to protect your poorest and most underprivelliged people with universal healthcare insurance so un-American??

As for Jimmy Carter, he was put in a tough position. If a Republican had been in the White House would things have been different, well maybe but also maybe not. But the fact of the cold war and everything else added to the mystique of the Miracle on Ice, certainly. And yes it was a big upset.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Lets see how "un-american" the UN is:

-Allows US to lead conflict in the Korean War, has a special vote ONLY when the USSR representative on the security council is away.  Just for the US.

-Doesn't condemn the mass slaughter known as the Vietnam War

-Only Allows the Peoples Republic of China on the Security Council once the US recognizes it over the long extinct Democratic government.

-NEVER condemns or asks for sanctions on the USA, even after Vietnam.

-The building is in frekin' New York!(IMO, it should be in Geneva.)

The thing is, EVERYBODY deserves an equal voice.  Even if their style of government is different.

-The building is in frekin' New York!(IMO, it should be in Geneva.)

Good News Habsfanova I agree with 1 of those statements.

Get them the hell out of here. They are the worst scoflaws in the area they ignore all laws andmaking getting around the East Side a real pain.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow, this got out of hand pretty fast...

To some of the posters participating... read, noone has called the U.S. evil, and noone has said they hate the U.S., yet you keep throwing those words around in every post.

Back on subject, GB over Canada was a much bigger upset then US over USSR.... Canada was winning games with an average score of 11-1 over the span of the last 4 olympic tournaments, and hadn't lost a single game in any of those tournaments.

They were playing Great Britian, not exactly the biggest hockey nation in the world.  In fact in their previous olympic appearance before the 1936 olympics they didn't win a game and were outscored 21-1.

NO CONTEST in comparison.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The best sports network ESPN, has page called Page 2.

The #2 underdog of all-time

"2. U.S. Olympic Hockey Team (1980 Olympic Gold)

The Americans, seeded seventh in the 12-team field at Lake Placid, had plenty of experience as a team -- they'd played 63 exhibition games before the 1980 Olympics. Still, this was nothing compared to the heavily favored Soviets, who played together every day for years and were perhaps the best team in the world -- including the NHL.

Said head coach Herb Brooks just before the Games began, "The Russians have to be the odds-on favorites for the gold, and you have to look for the Swedes and the Czechs for the silver and bronze. There are also four other quality hockey teams -- Canada, the U.S., Finland and West Germany -- who could all be considered underdogs. I believe we are a legitimate contender, but we definitely are underdogs."

The Americans began round-robin play by tying Sweden and beating Czechoslovakia, the two top teams in their division. Coming up against the USSR in the medal round, the U.S. was a huge underdog, having lost 10-3 to the same team in an exhibition just before the Games. Then came the "Miracle on Ice" -- a 4-3 win that was such a terrific upset that some still believe it resulted in a U.S. gold. It didn't. The Americans still had to play Finland, and if they lost, the Soviets would take the gold. But the U.S. beat Finland 4-2 and won it all."

ESPN does it again with the all-time upset!

ESPN's Page 2

"1. 1980 Miracle on Ice: (317 letters)

Not only the biggest sports upset of all-time, as a matter of fact, but this event had an impact on so many different levels. This was a political event where democracy won out over communism for one night on the ice and also said something about the attitude of sportsmen in terms of professionals vs. amateurs --need we discuss the Nagano debacle with U.S. professional hockey players?

But more importantly, everyone in the United States shared in this moment. When the Yankees win the World Series, New York cares. When the Bulls win the NBA title, Chicago cares. But for one night, people who didn't know a two-line pass from an interference call were fans of the U.S. hockey team.

At a time when a country mired in malaise needed something to rally around -- the spirit of a group of young men at Lake Placid, N.Y., filled that prescription."

Mmm, you have to remember that although the miracle on Ice tweam were all college kids, (i think I am right there) they came from the system that produces pro hockey players for the NHL. GB has no history of hockey success before or since 1936, and the domestic structure, particularly in 1936, would have been non existent.

I actually think it is impossible to say so and so is a bigger upset than so and so, particularly across eras like this. But the Miracle on Ice is certainly not the only major surprise in an olympic hockey event.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, here's a thought! How did G.B. get to the gold medal game? Doesn't sound like a bad team to me.

Gm W-L-T Pts GF GA

1 Great Britain (5-0-2) 3 2-0-1 5 7 1

2 Canada (7-1-0) 3 2-1-0 4 9 2

3 USA (5-2-1) 3 1-1-1 3 2 1

4 Czechoslovakia (5-3-0) 3 0-3-0 0 0 14

Scores: Britain beat Canada, 2?1; Czech., 5?0; and tied the U.S., 0?0 (OT). Canada beat Czech., 7?0, and the U.S., 1?0. The U.S. beat Czech., 2?0.

Team GB won Gold in 1936 and a Bronze in 1924.

ESPNs list was very interesting for sure, but based on a very American view of sports (understandably!!) However, some would consider the USA beating England in the 1950(i think) world cup soccer worthy of a place on that kind of list, for instance. And what about Cassius Clay beating Sonny Liston. In its day that was a massive shock, even if it doesn't seem like it now. Or any of this years golf major winners. The list could go on. My point is as unfun of me as it is to say this, all of that kind of shock should stand up on its own merits and be celebrated.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think it lies so much in the fact that people are jealous that it's the U.S. who owns this glorious moment of time.  It's not so much that people hate the U.S., it's just that we get sick of hearing about all their accomplishments all the time, and find it hard to accept that they can also lay claim to this acheivement.  They have a great sense of hero-worship in practically everything and usually make movies and write stories about even the most banal of human interest stories.  (Elizabeth Smart?)  American jingoism is rammed down the world's collective throat more than all-star bukkake video footage, and gung-ho Americans don't help us to get away from it.

Makes me wish Avril Lavigne was American.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

more important than this whole "who's beter than who" topic

is...will they get the uniforms correct in the movie?

It will be interseting to see what they do with sticks and equipment also.

I'm sure when you see come crowd shots there will be

people wearing newer jackets and hats.

Archived