New Dbacks Colors

scootrdice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe seeing the D-Backs in their colors will insitgate the Astros to go to Orange and Navy

They need to switch back to Navy and Gold, IMO. But I'd definately settle for Navy/Orange, anything but what they have. I love the current color scheme, as a color scheme, but the Astros aren't the team to have it. Arizona fits it better, and their nickname is something associated with the desert so it's perfect. The 'Stros take an old western color scheme and mix it with a space-age name. Not a good combination.

Exactly, the Astros need to bring back these bad boys:

nl_1996_houston.gif

From people who I have talked to. The DBacks will be keeping their home 'A'. One of the hats will be Black with a sand colored 'A'.

And from what I heard, the new sylized snake 'D' for the road hat looks worse than what they have now. From what I hear it is not as clean looking on the Hats.

I got the information from someone in the appereal buisness. Sorry, I can not reveal my sources.

maybe seeing the D-Backs in their colors will insitgate the Astros to go to Orange and Navy

They need to switch back to Navy and Gold, IMO. But I'd definately settle for Navy/Orange, anything but what they have. I love the current color scheme, as a color scheme, but the Astros aren't the team to have it. Arizona fits it better, and their nickname is something associated with the desert so it's perfect. The 'Stros take an old western color scheme and mix it with a space-age name. Not a good combination.

nl_1996_houston.gif

:shocked: Apocalypse Warning!! Apocalypse Warning!! Me and Icecap agreeing on Something!! HOLY $#*%!!! :shocked:

Kiddin :P

While the new ones will probably look nice, I'm really disapponted.

To me, baseball logos and uniforms of the blandest of all sports. The purple/turquoise combo was so radically different, I liked it immediately. It was fresh and unigue...I for one will miss it. :(

nl_1996_houston.gif

:shocked: Apocalypse Warning!! Apocalypse Warning!! Me and Icecap agreeing on Something!! HOLY $#*%!!! :shocked:

Kiddin :P

I know, I'm scared too...

don't know how to. I just love seeing the different concepts on the board. I wonder if the font that "Arizona" is in on the away jerseys will change or if this will just be a re-colorization much like the Bucks?

I would imagine that they would at least change the font a bit. Nothing drastic, but something that we on the board may able to notice B)

Someone roll out some concepts.

I put these in the other thread (before we knew who the brick would go to), but here they are again:

dbacks_home.jpg

dbacks_road.jpg

I may update them with the sand and black, but that's with turquoise...

I have actually talked to believe that this is supposed to be a slap in the face to Jerry Colangelo. They love the logo but they hated the color scheme because it tied into Jerry Colangelo. Ken Kendrick is one of the biggest d___s in Phoenix and he will cut anyone who doesn't agree with his philosophy. He will throw anyone under the bus. As far as the colors PANTONE is correct it will look more like the Astros than it does the Coyotes. He wanted to see a more universal color scheme to the City of Phoenix and Glendale(Coyotes and Cardinals). So this was basically a copycat move on their part to look more like other teams in the Valley of the Sun!

I hope they do not use the Astros red and call is Sedona Red. If they really use the Sedona red color that you see in the mountains in the city of Sedona it will be cool. They sell a line of t-shirts in Sedona that are colored from the actual mud found there. I'm trying to find a website that has the shirts and I will post it if I can find if so you can see the colors. This color would be much better then the brick red.

Archived