Sign in to follow this  
IronChefShark

49ers mascot "Sourdough Sam" gets made over

...as someone raised in Oakland, I would l love to see the reaction of Raider's fans (...particularly those in the "Black Hole", dressed in their Silver & Black garb...) when this "updated Sam" comes strolling into the Colliseum smileing...I can see the whole Raider Nation busting a gut laughing then cut to a scene of the mascot being carried off to Highland Hospital on a strecher...

And to think, I remember when San Francisco was a hippy-dippy place, where you'd be sure to wear flowers in your hair. That era sure didn't last long, at least not for San Francisco.

Seriously, how long till people finally figure out the joke is old, untrue, and pretty stupid?

Untrue?

Highest concentrations of same-sex couple households...

by large metro area

1. San Francisco, CA

http://www.urban.org/publications/900695.html

by state

1. Vermont

by city/town*

1. Provincetown, MA

by neighborhood (ZIP code)

1. Provincetown, MA

Not all San Fransisco, are they?

Clearly not every gay person lives in SF. I'm just wondering how someone can claim that SF being "for the gays" is untrue when more gays live there than any other big city. It's not a "joke," it's a fact.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Seriously, how long till people finally figure out the joke is old, untrue, and pretty stupid?

Untrue?

Highest concentrations of same-sex couple households...

by large metro area

1. San Francisco, CA

http://www.urban.org/publications/900695.html

by state

1. Vermont

by city/town*

1. Provincetown, MA

by neighborhood (ZIP code)

1. Provincetown, MA

Not all San Fransisco, are they?

From the same site you posted, Califronia is second (in terms of states) only to Vermont. Provincetown, MA may be number one in cities/towns, but San Fran takes the cake at number one in the large metropolitan areas. Judging by the other cities listed under the "Cities and Towns" catagory that you showed Provincetown was number one in, it would seem like the "Cities and Towns" catagory is for smaller towns/cities. I would guess New York, which isn't even listed under "Cities and Towns" has more gay people/couples then Provincetown.

As for neighborhood, Provincetown, MA does come in first, but it's followed by Castro, San Francisco at number two.

But hey, it's ok to omit facts when you want to make it seem like your right, eh?

Edited by Icecap79

Clearly not every gay person lives in SF. I'm just wondering how someone can claim that SF being "for the gays" is untrue when more gays live there than any other big city. It's not a "joke," it's a fact.

Yeah, but it's a lazy joke.

When talking about SF, somebody has to make a gay joke. It's just sad.

Clearly not every gay person lives in SF.  I'm just wondering how someone can claim that SF being "for the gays" is untrue when more gays live there than any other big city.  It's not a "joke," it's a fact.

I don't think you have to be a psycologist to understand that people who make jokes about a particular group, or use racist language often don't feel too good about themselves and putting down a minority or an entire city makes them feel better.

I agree. It's just sad.

Clearly not every gay person lives in SF.  I'm just wondering how someone can claim that SF being "for the gays" is untrue when more gays live there than any other big city.  It's not a "joke," it's a fact.

It's a lazy joke because every big city has its sizeable gay population nowadays. In fact, SF is becoming less and less of a mecca due to the insane housing costs.

Not that i'd know anything about that, mind you :D

Worst

Queer Eye

Makeover

EVER!!!!

(PS I love Queer Eye)

Edited by cyandlux

The bottom line is, a lot of you need to realize that not everybody from San Francisco is gay, and not everyone from whatever town you're from is straight.

That is all.

The "new" Sourdough Sam looks like University of Nebraska's Herbie Husker after his 2003 makeover.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

SOURDOUGSAM.jpgherbie_winner.jpg

Are you guy's serious? How do you figure that they look alike? Tere isn't anything remotely the same exceptht eh fact that they have mascot sized heads.

The "new" Sourdough Sam looks like University of Nebraska's Herbie Husker after his 2003 makeover.

Are you guy's serious? How do you figure that they look alike? Tere isn't anything remotely the same exceptht eh fact that they have mascot sized heads.

They both have hats, a jersey, and jeans

They both have hats, a jersey, and jeans

And teeth Showing

samri6.jpg> sourdougsamht3.jpg

On the plus side, it's good to see that Mel Gibson is still getting work after his incident.

I for one, think WiB hit the nail on the head in this one.

The bottom line is, a lot of you need to realize that not everybody from San Francisco is gay, and not everyone from whatever town you're from is straight.

That is all.

Well put

i just got back from california spending time in LA, San Fran, Oakland and Santa MOnica mainly being in talks with a notable actor. San Fran was probably the most interesting city of the bunch. I saw a mix of subculture types(green hair, piercings everywhere etc), a quite of few gay couples, the usual lefty coast crowd, bums in the street and a group of arch right conservatives. I guess they are followers of a local host out of the area whose probably a water carrier for the R's. but overall San Fran isn't that bad of a city, in fact its quite a beautiful city. I really love the architechture and the skyscrapers. SF is also a great place to get some seafood especially in the FIsherman's Wharf area.

that said, i like the old mascot, the new one looks like rowdy with a 9ers jersey.

Someone needs to make some sigs like those "Death to the Buffaslug" sigs, this time for this mascot.

DEATH TO SOURDOUGH SAM :evil::evil::evil: !!!!!!!!!

I don't know. I'd rather my mascot look like a cowboy that some dirty, stinking, midget with a beard down to his damn pot belly. Though new Sam gets seriously docked for having the damn jersey tucked in. Rule #1 of jersey wearing, don't tuck the damn thing in.

------------------------------------------

Oh and to all you childish, idiotic homophobes, I hope one day that you happen to be spounting some hateful anti-gay comments to some 6'3" 250 pound biker looking dudes at a bar, laughing and joking, having a grand ol' time when one of them looks at you and tells you they're both gay. Then I hope they take you in a back ally and kick your ass. Then after they're done kicking your ass, I hope they :censored: you in it. Raw dog style, no condoms, no lube, no nothing.

but overall San Fran isn't that bad of a city, in fact its quite a beautiful city. I really love the architechture and the skyscrapers. SF is also a great place to get some seafood especially in the FIsherman's Wharf area.

It's a beautiful city.

If I couldn't live in New York, and wanted to stay in the States, I'd live in San Francisco. :D