If Ryan Howard hits 62

BBTV

It's hopeless. You won't believe Mac did anything until he comes out and says he did.

...and even then he'll caim that the admission was made under duress... <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose Canseco has told of occasions where he himself shot up Big Mac with the juice.

You have reasons why you believe him, but he's not a reliable source. Not nearly reliable enough to convict (and I don't even mean in court) a guy of a crime.

His acquisition of Mac is the kind of evidence that I say maybe calls for Mac to be further investigated. It's not the kind of evidence that proves anything.

It's hopeless. You won't believe Mac did anything until he comes out and says he did.

That or until a bunch of really serious evidence is accumulated against him.

And no, FTJ, I wouldn't. I'll believe what he says unless there's strong evidence suggesting the other.

I'd appreciate it if you two would stop telling me how I'd think and what I'd do.

Jose Canseco has told of occasions where he himself shot up Big Mac with the juice.

You have reasons why you believe him, but he's not a reliable source. Not nearly reliable enough to convict (and I don't even mean in court) a guy of a crime.

His acquisition of Mac is the kind of evidence that I say maybe calls for Mac to be further investigated. It's not the kind of evidence that proves anything.

One question: Has Jose lied to us yet?

Remember when Palmiero tested positive? How shocked were you when this news broke out?

Palmiero testified to Congress, he adamently shook his finger Clinton-style, then got busted later in the season. And he was considered a "good guy" in baseball before this.

Until it's proven that Jose is lying to us, I would continue to believe Jose when it comes to steroids.

That or until a bunch of really serious evidence is accumulated against him.

And no, FTJ, I wouldn't. I'll believe what he says unless there's strong evidence suggesting the other.

I'd appreciate it if you two would stop telling me how I'd think and what I'd do.

Why? Everytime you say "Well, I'll believe it when I see it!" when it comes to McGwire, it's a bloody parody because you're an unabashed St. Louis homer who tries to pretend otherwise.

Of course, I await your response that will tell me how wrong I am for the 38th time because McGwire just used supplements, which is good enough of an explanation for you because Big Mac said so...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It's way more than me just being a Cardinals fan, and I mean that.

I have no reason in the world to like Sammy Sosa. But you know what, he always seemed like a good guy, and when he had cork in his bat, I was inclined to believe he was telling the truth when he said it was a practice bat and he grabbed the wrong one. Since then he's done a lot of less than nice things, and I'm more willing to believe he was a cheater, but I still don't know.

Floyd Landis, Raffy Palmeiro, Justin Gaitlin...they've all positively tested, they've all claimed their innocence. I believe them (not fully...I have doubts...but mostly).

When members of this board pull a ridiculous stunt or cosistantly annoy people...I almost always push for a second (sometimes third or fourth) chance for those members when some others are calling for bans.

I'm not dumb. I'm not gulliable. I'm not easily manipulated. I'm not naive. But I do look for the good in people, and I require a lot of proof to believe there's more bad in someone than good.

Call me a homer all you want, but that's not it, okay?

What'd I think when Palmeiro tested positive? I thought, haha, that's funny in an ironic way, but too bad in a lot of other ways. When he said he didn't do it, I thought, maybe he didn't. Also when he tested positive, it made what Mac said even more okay. Some people previously had called for him to be as adamant as Palmeiro...but once Palmeiro tested positive (and let's be honest...even before) Mac would have just been called a liar for his strong denial.

We have no idea if Jose has lied to us. We know he's pulled a lot of stupid crap. We know he's borderline broke. We know the baseball world has resented him for a while. We know he's got absolutely nothing to lose (partly because he ratted himself out first) and everything to gain by writing books full of "revelations".

We know almost tons of people who would have just as much know as Jose have denied his claims.

We know Palmeiro disputedly tested positive long after when Canseco alledged he was shooting up and shortly after he adamantly denied ever doing it. I'd say there actually is a fairly decent chance the test picked something up from something Palmeiro didn't realize had an illegal ingredient in it, but maybe not.

We know that Canseco's testimony would have very low value in court without a lot of supporting evidence.

That's what WE know.

Yet somehow YOU know Mac took illegal steriods. Sosa took illegal steriods. Juan Gonzalez took illegal steriods. Pudge Rodriguez took illegal steriods.

Yet somehow YOU know Mac took illegal steriods. Sosa took illegal steriods. Juan Gonzalez took illegal steriods. Pudge Rodriguez took illegal steriods.

Mind finding the post where I said that? I'm coming up empty-handed.

Mind finding the post where I said that? I'm coming up empty-handed.

FTJ, that post wasn't just directed at you. It was also to everyone, though specific points addressed a couple of specific people, and I didn't bother to note who they were. If it doesn't fit you, then it was intended for you.

Even still, I probably generalized and exagerated by saying KNOW, but seems to me not by too much.

FTJ, that post wasn't just directed at you...

The name's Fred. Fred T. Jane. I'm no initial. ;):)

Archived