New K-State Basketball Uni's

bri1275

For those interested, the "00" depicted in the mockups of K-State's new uniforms is meant to reflect the graduation rate of any Bob Huggins-coached program.

Now, if they were to have "08" printed on them... Well, let's save that for another time.

Anyway, Black numbers and a thin white outline on a purple background lead to complete illegibility. I get the feeling that the purple numbers on the black jersey will meet a similar fate. Northwestern was able to pull that off on their football unis in the early '90s, albeit with a much thicker white outline. As for the uniform design... I don't know where to start. Ick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Clavicle stripes for all!

Replace black with silver and, well, those still suck. But at least the school colors would be correct.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Huggins brings black to K-State. They are horrendus just like their team.

jerseys2.jpg

Longing for your Cincy days much, coach Huggins?

Seriously...WHY are NCAA head coaches allowed to put so much input into the uniforms of the teams they coach? This is a classic case of some guy from another program tryna put his stamp on a new program by basically bringing a look from another school--or just a color they like. K-State for as long as I can remember hasd NEVER used an OUNCE of black in any of their uniforms. Just a classic mess, all around...the stripes don't even work here.

Hey Huggins--YOU AIN'T AT CINCINNATI NO MORE. YOU'RE AT K-STATE! REMEMBER THAT--AND NIX THE BLACK!!!

(And hire someone who KNOWS about tasteful design to redo these horrendous spawns of uni-Satan PRONTO...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I also never understood why coaches were allowed to influence the uniforms in college sports... A football or a basketball coach should not be the one deciding branding/identity/merchandising/fashion issues such as uniforms.

College, to me, is (or should be) different than pro. College colors should not change and should not "just add black." K-State is purple and silver. The black does not belong.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought the title of the post was very eloquent...

...and accurate

Eloquent, yes. Accurate...almost.

Saying they suck is too much of a compliment...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Isn't :censored: black?

These are boring - blah - yawn. -_-

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived