Owners of Jays, Leafs, Raptors Team Up

CC97

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what's the consensus on NFL support in Toronto. Is there a particular affiliation in terms of fan base? I must say my only contact with Canadians and the NFL is when I listen to Sports Radio in Ottawa, and the only NFL mention is about the Bills.

So, what's the consensus on NFL support in Toronto. Is there a particular affiliation in terms of fan base? I must say my only contact with Canadians and the NFL is when I listen to Sports Radio in Ottawa, and the only NFL mention is about the Bills.

The Bills definately get the top billing (pun) in Toronto, but there are a lot of fans of other teams as well...

The NFL is popular here, much more than the CFL... Toronto considers itself major league (as it should) and views the CFL as a minor league product.

You know what? I dont think its a bad idea. Sure they would have to clear all the money hurdles, the stadium issues and whatnot. But my question is..wouldnt an NFL team in Toronto most likley kill the Argonauts and maybe the Tiger Cats thereby killing the Canadian Football League, isnt there a agreement between the two leagues about expanding into each others turf?

Hello expansion companion for Los Angeles.

there is now way the NFL expands to 34 teams, they are at a good balance at 32 teams, and I dont see expansion as an option, but relocation is a serious possibility.

We all thought the same thing when the league was at 28 teams... and 30... etc.

Can we say "Hello Bills"? If this were to occur, the new Toronto team could keep a tie with the city of Buffalo by being called the "Bison" or "Buffaloes"

I think if you tried to take the Bills, an angry mob of upstate New Yorkers would march on Toronto and burn it for the second time in its history. Or they would demand a Cleveland plan.

Also on the "34 teams is to much argument", I still keep thinking that there will be a 40-team NFL in the next 20-30 years.

I heard about this on the radio. This would be kewl for us, but i dont know how it would work out with the argos there as well. Mabye we can use The argos for the nfl team since Ricky Williams is already there lol.

but i think 32 is the PERFECT number and more will cause some trouble. 32 is enough.

36 works. Add Toronto, Los Angeles, Mexico City and, uh, I dunno... San Antonio?

Realign into three conferences: American, National, and International (with Toronto and Mexico City obviously in the latter), each with three divisions of four teams each.

Have 16 teams make the playoffs: three division champs and one wild-card from each conference (12 teams), and four wild-cards allocated without regard to conference alignment. Seed them #1 through #16 based on record, and BAM! You've got one bitchin' Super Bowl tournament.

The CFL is not big in Toronto. I don't think it would kill the CFL if Toronto would get a NFL team. The NFL is by far the most popular Football league here (local tv numbers don't lie). To all you people who fear for the CFL in Toronto may I remind you that not so long ago the team went bankrupt and was owned by the league?

The only thing I can see is that an NFL team would leave a bitter taste for many football fans outside of ontario and CFL fans. To that I say, who cares...

Not diggin' the three conference idea. There's something kinda sacred about the concept of two major divisions in any of the North American major leagues, with a team representing each division in the championship tournament/game; it's simple, yet elegant, and nobody should mess with that format.

Archived