Owners of Jays, Leafs, Raptors Team Up

CC97

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too late!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=607532

(You get a pass for it being in the middle of a thread...and running the show around here. :))

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Too late!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=607532

(You get a pass for it being in the middle of a thread...and running the show around here. :))

Appreciate it :P I'm keeping this thread open because noone would think of checking that thread for that information.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

So, what's the consensus on NFL support in Toronto. Is there a particular affiliation in terms of fan base? I must say my only contact with Canadians and the NFL is when I listen to Sports Radio in Ottawa, and the only NFL mention is about the Bills.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So, what's the consensus on NFL support in Toronto. Is there a particular affiliation in terms of fan base? I must say my only contact with Canadians and the NFL is when I listen to Sports Radio in Ottawa, and the only NFL mention is about the Bills.

The Bills definately get the top billing (pun) in Toronto, but there are a lot of fans of other teams as well...

The NFL is popular here, much more than the CFL... Toronto considers itself major league (as it should) and views the CFL as a minor league product.

---

Chris Creamer

You know what? I dont think its a bad idea. Sure they would have to clear all the money hurdles, the stadium issues and whatnot. But my question is..wouldnt an NFL team in Toronto most likley kill the Argonauts and maybe the Tiger Cats thereby killing the Canadian Football League, isnt there a agreement between the two leagues about expanding into each others turf?

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Hello expansion companion for Los Angeles.

there is now way the NFL expands to 34 teams, they are at a good balance at 32 teams, and I dont see expansion as an option, but relocation is a serious possibility.

We all thought the same thing when the league was at 28 teams... and 30... etc.

---

Chris Creamer

but i think 32 is the PERFECT number and more will cause some trouble. 32 is enough.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Can we say "Hello Bills"? If this were to occur, the new Toronto team could keep a tie with the city of Buffalo by being called the "Bison" or "Buffaloes"

I think if you tried to take the Bills, an angry mob of upstate New Yorkers would march on Toronto and burn it for the second time in its history. Or they would demand a Cleveland plan.

Also on the "34 teams is to much argument", I still keep thinking that there will be a 40-team NFL in the next 20-30 years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I heard about this on the radio. This would be kewl for us, but i dont know how it would work out with the argos there as well. Mabye we can use The argos for the nfl team since Ricky Williams is already there lol.

4kv29i.jpg

but i think 32 is the PERFECT number and more will cause some trouble. 32 is enough.

36 works. Add Toronto, Los Angeles, Mexico City and, uh, I dunno... San Antonio?

Realign into three conferences: American, National, and International (with Toronto and Mexico City obviously in the latter), each with three divisions of four teams each.

Have 16 teams make the playoffs: three division champs and one wild-card from each conference (12 teams), and four wild-cards allocated without regard to conference alignment. Seed them #1 through #16 based on record, and BAM! You've got one bitchin' Super Bowl tournament.

nav-logo.png

The CFL is not big in Toronto. I don't think it would kill the CFL if Toronto would get a NFL team. The NFL is by far the most popular Football league here (local tv numbers don't lie). To all you people who fear for the CFL in Toronto may I remind you that not so long ago the team went bankrupt and was owned by the league?

The only thing I can see is that an NFL team would leave a bitter taste for many football fans outside of ontario and CFL fans. To that I say, who cares...

Not diggin' the three conference idea. There's something kinda sacred about the concept of two major divisions in any of the North American major leagues, with a team representing each division in the championship tournament/game; it's simple, yet elegant, and nobody should mess with that format.

Archived