Flames home jersey change

CC97

Apparently the black on red was too hard to read from a distance, which is what prompted the change.

We were saying that from the word go...

but then again how can anyone without a marketing business degree have any good ideas? The NHL is wise to ignore our counsel.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

If they wanted it to have a colorfill, i'd say go withthe yellow-gold color, instead of white. But anything is easier to read than that black-on-red crap...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

if they discontinue the black lettering, wouldnt that make it a collectors item?

Something's only a collector's item if it's desired, but what's to stop someone from putting the black letters on it now?

I would be pretty upset if i just spent all that money on triple-layered letters when they go ahead and change it to double-coloured (looks like white with thin black outline)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

if they discontinue the black lettering, wouldnt that make it a collectors item?

Something's only a collector's item if it's desired, but what's to stop someone from putting the black letters on it now?

I would be pretty upset if i just spent all that money on triple-layered letters when they go ahead and change it to double-coloured (looks like white with thin black outline)

The letters have always only been two layer.  The first version used was black with a white outline and the second version is white with a black outline.

Also, the Flames have worked out a free offer to change the jerseys that they have sold over to a new white with black outline colour scheme for the player name.

The letters have always only been two layer.  The first version used was black with a white outline and the second version is white with a black outline.

Also, the Flames have worked out a free offer to change the jerseys that they have sold over to a new white with black outline colour scheme for the player name.

Yes you are correct, for some reason I was thinking it was black/white/black.

Good for the Flames to offer that deal!  Nice work boys

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived