Cricket uniforms are the worlds worst

cackers

I cant believe that nobody on this forum has ever posted about how awful one day cricket uniforms are. They are the worst in all sports. I'm not eve going to go on about some of the teams names and logos but after catching the ending of Glamorgan's game on TV last night I just could not get my head round how hideous they were. What were the designers thinking about?

Here are some pics of Glamorgan uniforms. They are in red and black and white.

9432.jpg

9435.jpg

9436.jpg

9450.jpg

Im not even going to mention Essex..

55942.jpg

I'm more disturbed by Glamorgan's sponsor.  Not that it appears on the uniform, but I'm just disturbed by their name.

It's like, the perfect beer for zombies!

Or the owner of the brewery has a subtle appreciation for irony.

QPR%20Sig.png

It is very good beer and can be found in North America if you look for it. I reccomend it, if you are of age of course. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Actually compared to most cricket unis I've seen those aren't too bad.

I've seen much worse.

Yeah that Glamorgan shirt is almost tasteful.

Sri Lanka and Bangladesh spring to mind as particularly bad, but I've seen most countries wear some awful kits in the last 20 years.

Australia's adidas gear last summer was bad, but there's a new shirt out this summer that looks promising in sneak previews.

liverpool-1.png

Don't forget India's "paint brush" monstocity. You'd think a move to nike in one of the biggest team apparel deals ever would mean an update in unis. Nope, same old garbage. I hope they update soon.

I was never fond of the ICC world XI shirts from last year either.

sig.png

Many cricket uniforms are among the world's worst. The One Day Internationals are garish.

But for my money, the Test kits are among the world's best. Nobody looks better than England when they take the pitch for the Ashes:

_40793590_gall_traffdraw_ap.jpg

_40793588_gall_trentwin_ap.jpg

Clean, classical look. I love that cap - wear it all the time.

Ashes%20Fever.jpg

296266-1281058-458-238.jpg

And c'mon. You have to love a sport with hats like those. :D

I think perhaps it's the concept of a sport that allows you to wear a sweater-vest as part of your uniform that makes it hard for Americans to grasp. :wacko:

That kind of puts it in league with bowling. Yeah, it's a sport... but barely.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I think perhaps it's the concept of a sport that allows you to wear a sweater-vest as part of your uniform that makes it hard for Americans to grasp. :wacko:

That kind of puts it in league with bowling. Yeah, it's a sport... but barely.

Who bowls in a sweater? More like golf, if anything.

Besides, are you going to tell him it isn't a sport?

5thdavison1.jpg

Careful - he can get a little testy.

22.jpg

Many cricket uniforms are among the world's worst. The One Day Internationals are garish.

But for my money, the Test kits are among the world's best. Nobody looks better than England when they take the pitch for the Ashes:

_40793590_gall_traffdraw_ap.jpg

_40793588_gall_trentwin_ap.jpg

Clean, classical look. I love that cap - wear it all the time.

Ashes%20Fever.jpg

And c'mon. You have to love a sport with hats like those. :D

Test cricket uniforms imo are the best, doens't matter what team, they all look good

And:

QUOTE (rmered @ Friday, September 8th, 2006 - 01:54:31)

I would have thought women's BEACH volleyball uniforms would have attracted your attention. 

Nah. They don't wear high socks.

I'd rather watch chicks where i can see there legs....lol\

--

The new Aussie ODI shirt was unveiled this week

00016425-image.jpg

ITs basically green with gold souther cross in the bottom right corner when looking at it, and gold adidas markings, collarless and has a insert at the neck

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The new Aussie ODI shirt was unveiled this week

00016425-image.jpg

ITs basically green with gold souther cross in the bottom right corner when looking at it, and gold adidas markings, collarless and has a insert at the neck

That's a remarkably tasteful ODI shirt.

I wish England would wear something like that in navy, instead of the garish mess they usually wear.

Archived