NFL CBS graphics

Mr. Krabs

CBS was my favorite before and are now even more so. Their graphics are colorful yet small and understated, and don't get in the way like Fox, NBC and ESPN. Kudos.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Due to errands, I personally didn't get a chance to check out the CBS graphics until I walked past a Radio Shack and checked out the Denver/St Louis game on the HDTV display. All I could say was WOW! :shocked: The CBS package had an amazing fluid movement to the animation, while the font and blue tones made the information on the graphics stand out better than the FOX graphics. It's good that CBS no longer has the back of the helmets to represent the teams on the graphics (going with the actual logos instead).

I honestly have to rate the CBS graphics ahead of NBC and FOX (and well ahead of the bland and two-dimensional ESPN graphics). The CBS set does seem a bit distracting with the large monitors, but my chief complaint was the positioning of the vertical LED ticker behind Boomer Esiason (the text moved left to right, not right to left). The NBC "Football Night" set seemed warm and inviting, especially the secondary "living room" area. Nice touch with the incorporation of Prometheus and the Lower Plaza at 30 Rock behind the desk. The NBC set as a whole gives the impression that, just like the viewer, the NBC crew is about to settle in for a night of football. (Just think how warmer and more inviting the set will be when snow starts falling in NYC this winter.)

FOX will do the pregame from Joe Buck's game site every week because of the unfortunate decision to have him as the host.

I can't get over this decision to name Buck the new host. He sucks. He's an ok pbp guy, but as a host, he's dry and and about as fun as trying to eat sawdust. He tried to be James Brown, but it came off as forced, and didn't suit his usually serious nature. I really hope they take this pregame show out in the backyard and put it down, because it's rabid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think CBS in the best of all they are on the forefront of the HD tv era in graphics. they rule! I think NBC is a cheap ABC MNF rip-off. If it wern't for the peacock i would think its on ABC. Fox had the best until they did away with the scoreboard like interface. Fox is to industrial and not as flashy and inovative as they used to be. Now ESPN has the right idea they just need to tweak it a little bit. BUT ESPN SHOULD DUMP KORNHIESER!

moss_moon.gif

I was thoroughly bored by the entire broadcast (outside of Caliendo's JB slam).

The CBS pregame wasn't bad, I enjoy the new set, but I don't like the crew outside of JB.

I thought the Jimmy Johnson airport screening was hilarious...lol

I love the new CBS graphics, but JB doesn't seem to fit yet. Neither does Joe.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I think NBC is a cheap ABC MNF rip-off. If it wern't for the peacock i would think its on ABC.

You have to remember that practically everyone who worked on Monday Night Football last year moved over to NBC and Sunday night football. Thus why they are similar the same people are producing it.

Archived