The Slug

ASU

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cleanedupcenterice.jpg

for some reaon that looks fake. Like bubble bowl hockey or something

There's no advertising on the right side of the neutral zone. That's what immediately strikes me as out of place.

But we've seen enough supporting evidence to know that they are going forward with their quest to be the ugliest NHL team in addition to the whiniest. Congrats Buffalo, now you are the laughing stock of the NHL.

I plan on buying one of these slug jersies after they go on wtf-were-we-thinking-clearance, slapping a 99 on there and adding the name plate of NO CUP or something as equally shaming. Can. Not. Wait.

Will a yellow slug be visible on white uniforms? Or will we have to see a blue slug as well?

Considering the ice is white, and they used the yellow slug on there, I can only imagine they will use the yellow slug on the white jerseys as well.

cleanedupcenterice.jpg

There's no advertising on the right side of the neutral zone. That's what immediately strikes me as out of place.

But we've seen enough supporting evidence to know that they are going forward with their quest to be the ugliest NHL team in addition to the whiniest. Congrats Buffalo, now you are the laughing stock of the NHL.

I plan on buying one of these slug jersies after they go on wtf-were-we-thinking-clearance, slapping a 99 on there and adding the name plate of NO CUP or something as equally shaming. Can. Not. Wait.

yea 20 minutes from going to the stanley cup finals and picked by many publications to be the favorite to win it all this coming season. We sure are the laughing stock of the league!?

Will we see the new jerseys in EA sports NHL07. It releases Sept 14 while the team said it won't reveal the uniforms until Sept 16? Could just be an update for the game.

It's actually out today. My copy is sitting on my desk as we speak. I picked it up during our morning break, so I can't play it until I get home this afternoon after work.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That picture is totally faked. Here's a real photo of the HSBC Arena. It's from a couple of years ago but it's obvious the latest photo is a photoshopped job from some other arena.

HSBC

It is just the angle and lighting, it is definetly HSBC Arena.

saBS.png

I acutally like the logo....I've never had a problem with it in the first place. Its something different.....whether its for the bad or good. I'm pretty sure the jersey itself will look amazing.

And for those who keep on saying the Sabres are a laughing stock because of :censored:ing logo.....how so? How can a team 20 minutes away from the finals be a laughing stock? Enlighten me lol

I acutally like the logo....I've never had a problem with it in the first place. Its something different.....whether its for the bad or good. I'm pretty sure the jersey itself will look amazing.

And for those who keep on saying the Sabres are a laughing stock because of  :censored:ing logo.....how so? How can a team 20 minutes away from the finals be a laughing stock? Enlighten me lol

Because they look like clowns.

They may play well (and God, I hope they do) but I'll still be disgusted if they look stupid.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

cleanedupcenterice.jpg

That could be the logo. I wouldn't judge the authenticity of it based on the lack of logos and advertising.

The season's still a few weeks off. It looks like the ice is still being painted. Although the logos probably get painted at the same time, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they just haven't been started yet. Same idea with the dasher boards as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And for those who keep on saying the Sabres are a laughing stock because of :censored:ing logo.....how so? How can a team 20 minutes away from the finals be a laughing stock? Enlighten me lol

Enlighten? No problem......you didn't make the finals, nor has your team ever won a Stanley Cup. Hope I shed some light on that one. :P

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived