FSU to wear all-black uniform

chuck kaiton

"Bobby Bowden confirmed the worst-kept secret in Tallahassee this fall. Florida State will wear an all-black uniform Oct. 21 in a home game against Boston College. The uniform, which was the idea of Nike, will also commemorate FSU's relationship with the Seminole Tribe through wording an patchwork."

Link

Why am I cringing in horror?

BUT...then again...IF it's done right, they may not come out looking so bad.

The way I see it in my mind is either their current helmet now or a black version of it, black jerseys with the same numerals they have now, white trimmed in either garnet and gold or both, and on the pants, the stripe--IF Nike is thinking--could be the same pattern FSU currently uses on the collar/sleeve ribbing...

Hell--even garnet numerals trimmed with gold really wouldn't look that bad.

Guess we'll have to wait til 21 October to find out...this would be the first time since I can remember that FSU will be wearing ANY KIND of different uniform other than their standard home and away uniforms...first change since they changed their numeral font some years ago...

...suddenly I'm a bit anxious over exactly what Nike plans to do to my blood-Noles over there...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

God,

I usually don't ask you for sports related stuff, but this one I need your help on. Please smite Nike and burn all of the black jerseys they are making for FSU.

Sincerly,

Geoff Nichols

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

how is this such a big deal? first off, it is only ONE game, secondly, the idea for wearing the jerseys (allegedly) is a good one, its not just to make money off an alt jersey that the team will wear every 4th game or anything like that. i like this idea, and think the jerseys will look very good. cant wait to see them.

secondly, the idea for wearing the jerseys (allegedly) is a good one, its not just to make money off an alt jersey that the team will wear every 4th game or anything like that.

Of course it's an idea to make some more dough - if the 'Noles and Nike wanted to really honor the Seminole tribe, they could've easily created a patch or helmet decal. Since when does the color black have anything to do with the Seminole tribe? Oh yeah, that's right - NOTHING. It's a cheap marketing scheme to sell more jerseys.

God,

I usually don't ask you for sports related stuff, but this one I need your help on. Please smite Nike and burn all of the black jerseys they are making for FSU.

Sincerly,

Geoff Nichols

let's just say we are all praying. Hopefully, out of the randomness of the universe, something, or someone (wink) will *cough*burn*cough* thos pieces of *cough*crap*cough*. Why would bowden do this? It breaks everything that was traditional of FSU.

which was the idea of Nike,

These are the six scariest words in the uniform community.

None of this makes any sense. What does an all black uni have to do with the Seminole tribe or with FSU? It is like Iowa dressing in garnet and gold to honor America's farmers.

Well for those optically challenged that could not tell Notre Dame and Georgia Tech apart on TV last week, this will aid them in distinguishing between the two schools that wear maroon and gold.

Sarcasm aside, I have always admired the FSU uni set despite despising Free Shoes U. This has all the signs of some hideous even on the Nike bell curve for ugly.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I think it's nike's goal for every team to wear all black with giant nike checks all over the place.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

how is this such a big deal? first off, it is only ONE game,

Ah, but remember, the Ducks trotted out their "futuristic" unis with the diamond plating and bizarro number font for last year's Civil War game... "Just one game"

And lo and behold! They've been retained (with a few mods) for this year as the Ducks permanent kits.

Be afraid!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

These jerseys actually make sense, because black is one of Florida State's colors. :wacko:

As a Lions fan, I must ask: why do teams randomly add black into color schemes where it makes no sense? Could the University of Michigan randomly add orange into their color scheme? Could the Dallas Cowboys add in green? I mean, black doesn't look bad on jerseys, but it's totally overused, and 90% of the places it is used make zero sense whatsoever.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think a black jersey with garnet numbers trimmed in gold would look really good. Of course if they wear solid black pants with the Seminole head on the hip it will ruin them but maybe they will wear gold pants with them. There's a lot of ways to make this look good but lets be honest, it won't.

Archived