FSU to wear all-black uniform

chuck kaiton

What does an all black uni have to do with the Seminole tribe or with FSU?
Since when does the color black have anything to do with the Seminole tribe? Oh yeah, that's right - NOTHING.

Black figures prominently in Seminole clothing and patchwork.

0uo6.gif

0di3.jpg

Additionally, the four traditional colors of the flag of the Seminole Tribe of Florida represent the four points of the compass. North is red, South is white, East is yellow, and West is black.

0pe0.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

God,

I usually don't ask you for sports related stuff, but this one I need your help on.  Please smite Nike and burn all of the black jerseys they are making for FSU. 

Sincerly,

Geoff Nichols

let's just say we are all praying. Hopefully, out of the randomness of the universe, something, or someone (wink) will *cough*burn*cough* thos pieces of *cough*crap*cough*. Why would bowden do this? It breaks everything that was traditional of FSU.

Exactly. They're were alumni that were erked when FSU switched from Block numbers to the current font.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Since when does the color black have anything to do with the Seminole tribe? Oh yeah, that's right - NOTHING.

0uo6.gif

0di3.jpg

Additionally, the four traditional colors of the flag of the Seminole Tribe of Florida represent the four points of the compass. North is red, South is white, East is yellow, and West is black.

0pe0.png

Note none of those designs are ALL black. There is an even mix of other colors.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Note none of those designs are ALL black.  There is an even mix of other colors.

Exactly. At this point we don't know what other colors will be used on the uniforms. Remember, the article mentioned that the uniforms would "commemorate FSU's relationship with the Seminole Tribe through wording an patchwork." As bigwalk said, the wording will be "Unconquered" on one leg of the pants. Next is the patchwork, and it is obvious that black plays a prominent role in Seminole clothing and patchwork as a base color, so using black uniforms would not be unprecedented.

I'm not saying we're going to like them, but there is probably deeper meaning to the use of black...

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

well, if i recall correctly, fsu has all black basketball jerseys, so black has been used before for the school...in regards to the football uniforms, im sure that fsu will find a way to make the uniform work, at least ther wont be confusion between the two teams on tv, which otherwise would be difficult to tell.

and to go back to fsu wearing only their home and away threads, they did try to use a white pant for a few games about 3 years ago. i liked them but they hav not worn them since

Miami.png

Though you can still buy the black uniforms, they were only worn in a game at Northwestern several years ago. The white pants made one appearance two years ago (at NC State). They were also worn in a fashion show as part of a football camp for local women that FSU does before every season. I for one love the white pants and wish they would be worn more often (but only on the road.)

The white pants made one appearance two years ago (at NC State).  They were also worn in a fashion show as part of a football camp for local women that FSU does before every season.  I for one love the white pants and wish they would be worn more often (but only on the road.)

They were also worn against Notre Dame in 2003:

2003ndgn5.jpg

As well as against Miami in the 2004 Orange Bowl:

2004obfs0.jpg

I remember those white pants...FSU wore all-white in their 2003 season opener at North Carolina.

Any FSU, UNC, or college FB fan should remember that game by these four words:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Though you can still buy the black uniforms, they were only worn in a game at Northwestern several years ago. The white pants made one appearance two years ago (at NC State). They were also worn in a fashion show as part of a football camp for local women that FSU does before every season. I for one love the white pants and wish they would be worn more often (but only on the road.)

Are you saying FSU has worn black football unis before? I believe this is the first time ever, but I may be wrong.

I remember those white pants...FSU wore all-white in their 2003 season opener at North Carolina.

Now that is what I call a hit, a defensive guy gets nailed by a running back. (bow) Not to mention he knocked over one of his teammates also.

saBS.png

Now that is what I call a hit, a defensive guy gets nailed by a running back. (bow) Not to mention he knocked over one of his teammates also.

Looked great on video...I saw it LIVE.

The funny thing about that is that Greg could have easily ran the other way and around the left side of Dexter Reid (the guy who block he knocked off), but he actually SLOWED UP a lil bit, and D-Reid tried to take him one-on-one up around the shoulders...

...well, those of you who watched the clip saw the result of that...

Dude cleaned Reid's clock, knocked his dome off, knocked Reid INTO THE GUY WHO WAS BLOCKING FOR JONES, and THAT GUY knocked somebody over.

All that off one stiff-arm. Ouch? How 'bout BAM!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Though you can still buy the black uniforms, they were only worn in a game at Northwestern several years ago.  The white pants made one appearance two years ago (at NC State).  They were also worn in a fashion show as part of a football camp for local women that FSU does before every season.  I for one love the white pants and wish they would be worn more often (but only on the road.)

Are you saying FSU has worn black football unis before? I believe this is the first time ever, but I may be wrong.

I meant that the black basketball uniforms were available for purchase, hence the at Northwestern. As for the whites, what I meant to say was that they were worn once in 2004, as a reference to them being worn "a couple of years ago." They also wore them during the time that Deion was in the program.

Weren't the white pants originally used against Clemson about 1990 and purchased by the Bandit himself? As far as the black jerseys, if black is officially a color of the Seminole tribe, then I have no problem with them sporting black jerseys to represent the Seminole tribe. Now if they were adding black to add black, then I'd have a problem with it. If sales of this jersey go to some good cause for the tribe or to educate america about them, then I think it's great and I'm all for it.

I don't agree with this. It's not that I don't think they should honor the people who they are named after, it's just that they will say it's for them and use it for a Nike profit, a Nike experiment, and a way to add black for the sake of adding black. I know deep down that's the motivation.

KISSwall09.jpg

0uo6.gif

0di3.jpg

0pe0.png

Now I'm actually liking the idea after seeing this.

This also explains the design that used to (still is?) on their collars/armbands. Alot of those elements from that graphic were in the color designs, even more so when they used a more yellow gold (warrick dunn days) than the lighter gold. Similar to the kente cloth designs for georgetown basketball in the iverson days.

Archived