Cleveland Browns:

11/26 versus Bengals

San Diego Chargers:

10/8 versus Steelers

11/5 versus Browns

San Francisco 49ers:

11/5 versus Vikings

12/24 versus Cardinals

The Chargers and Bills will wear their alternate/throwbacks from last year, but I have no idea what the Niners and Browns will wear. Anyone else know?

but I have no idea what the Niners and Browns will wear.  Anyone else know?

I thought the Browns were already wearing throwbacks. If they go back any further than they already have they'll be wearing plain white helmets with no facemasks. Let's hope that's not the case.

Maybe they mean the Bengals will be wearing throwbacks.

San Francisco 49ers:

11/5 versus Vikings

12/24 versus Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers:

12/24 versus Cardinals

How appropriate - the "candy cane" jerseys (references the striping patterns on the sleeves and socks, IIRC) on Christmas Eve.

but I have no idea what the Niners and Browns will wear.  Anyone else know?

I thought the Browns were already wearing throwbacks. If they go back any further than they already have they'll be wearing plain white helmets with no facemasks. Let's hope that's not the case.

Maybe they mean the Bengals will be wearing throwbacks.

The Browns are wearing "modern retro" right now - they are using modern width stripes on the pants and the jersey has the "Browns" wordmark and the "AL" in the left sleeve stripe.

The 11/26 uniforms will be true throwbacks - no wordmark or "AL" on the jerseys and the thin pants stripes like the ones used from sometime in the mid-late 1960s or early 1970s. At some point the brown center stripe got a bit wider, kind of like the old Broncos pants from the 1970s. That version was used until the orange pants era started in the mid 1970s.

Edited to add: Of course the thin stripes were used again from 1985-1995. Since the team came back they have used modern width pants stripes.

The 11/26 uniforms will be true throwbacks - no wordmark or "AL" on the jerseys and the thin pants stripes like the ones used from sometime in the mid-late 1960s or early 1970s. At some point the brown center stripe got a bit wider, kind of like the old Broncos pants from the 1970s. That version was used until the orange pants era started in the mid 1970s.

I'll believe it when I see it - they'd also need to move the TV numbers to the sleeves to make it a "true throwback." If I see TV numbers on the shoulders, I will flip. It's not complicated. Browns throwbacks are not hard to replicate!

The 11/26 uniforms will be true throwbacks -  no wordmark or "AL" on the jerseys and the thin pants stripes like the ones used from sometime in the mid-late 1960s or early 1970s.  At some point the brown center stripe got a bit wider, kind of like the old Broncos pants from the 1970s.  That version was used until the orange pants era started in the mid 1970s.

I'll believe it when I see it - they'd also need to move the TV numbers to the sleeves to make it a "true throwback." If I see TV numbers on the shoulders, I will flip. It's not complicated. Browns throwbacks are not hard to replicate!

I found this link over on Lucas' Uniwatch Blog site:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?p...rentPage=family

Apparently you don't need to warm up for that flip; they are keeping the TV numbers on the shoulders to fit the modern jersey cut.

The Browns ticked me off. I thought the whole uni was a throwback and then it has the word mark and the AL on the sleeve, plus the option of brown pants. All it is, is just a throwback helmet on a modern uniform. Why didn't they just keep what they had and use the "throwback" gray mask with the throwback unis?

You guys are right about the Brown's throwback. The "AL" sleeve patch and "Browns" chest wordmark are just removed. Lame.

Browns team color jersey

p1490461dt.jpg

Browns alternate "throwback" jersey

p2805638dt.jpg

I still can't find a picture of the 49ers jersey yet. Any help?

• 1 month later...

Unless the browns are breaking out white helmets, I really don't care. Their uniforms are already throwbacks, with two small details added. Two details so small, the average person won't notice or care. Ontop of that, the TV numbers won't even be in the right place.

It completly negates the point of having a throwback. If they want a true throwback, they should wear plain white helmets with grey facemasks (facemasks added as a neccecaty of a modern uniform, see the Detrot Lions' throwback helmets for the precident in this area), white jerseys with brown-orange-brown-orange-brown striping, brown numbers, white pants with orange-brown-orange striping, and brown-orange-brown-orange-brown striped socks.

cbthrowbacks1.jpg

The browns should go with these,

brian.jpg

or these,

football_vp_jim_brown_color_pv.jpg

For throwbacks (road):

get rid of patch

sleeve #s (if possible)

striped sox

no AL patch

"off-white" (to make it look retro) jersey and pants

no wordmark under collar

For throwbacks (Home):

get rid of patch

sleeve #s (if possible)

striped sox

no AL patch

Brown jersey w/ orange pants or brown jersey w/ "off white (to make it look retro) pants

no wordmark under collar

Field: Currently used endzone SCRIPT (cursive) and brownie the elf in the middle

BTW, did anyone notice in the pic of brian sipe, there's one stripe on each of his sox, and 2 on the lineman's in the background (to the right)??

Archived