St. Louis Rams...it's YOUR TURN!

tBBP

I'm flattered, and not kidding when I say that. I really appreciate you asking. I've even had a concept idea for the Saints but just don't have the time to master the skills needed to do the kind of outstanding work seen on this board. And instead of trying to describe it in detail, I'll just say that I would have used a crescent as one part of the design.

As you may know, one of New Orleans' nicknames is "The Crescent City" because the route the Mississippi takes makes a large curve right there at New Orleans. That's why you drive EAST across the Crescent City Connection (a huge bridge) to get to the WEST bank of the river.

NOPD's badges even feature a crescent and I thought it might be an interesting element to use.

goldbadge.gif

Don't know if I would have done this with the crescent and fleur-de-lis but the thought did occur to me:

90458802_00c9af3eae_m.jpg

A definite would be a return to the old shade of "coppery" gold seen here:

0814_large.jpg

Another idea was to have a wide pants stripe similar to what that have now but with a thin white outline, and to replicate that on the helmet (though perhaps a bit thinner due to space constraints).

So that's my 2 cents, and based on what I've seen of your work, this is one concept I'm truly eager to see. One thing - whether you use all or none of my ideas, I'm cool. I'm not one of those people who offers advice and gets offended if it's not taken, and I appreciate you asking at all. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yo, B. Another great looking concept. I like the colored numbers on a colored jersey (one of my favorite underused uniform details) and the arch on the sleeves, as well as the return to the true Ram colors (instead of the all-too-common navy). I think that the yellow pants should be the only pants they have. They look the best with both the blue and white jerseys.

I'm not sure what to think about the yellow jersey. On one hand, it's sort of cool and definitely unique (could they wear this as an away uniform against a team in dark jerseys?). On the other hand, it could induce blindness. What if you went even simpler and removed the white outline around the numbers, like this?

rams_small.jpg

I'm sure that's the jersey you roughly based the yellow off of in the first place. But for some reason the white around the numbers just doesn't sit right on the yellow jersey. Just my 2 rusted Lincolns, in the parlance of the times.

Keep 'em coming. Looking forward to the Lions, cause they need fixin'.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I like their current colors better, but these are sweet. Like the use of the Arch on the shoulders, and the white pants, though don't need 2 different pairs. all around awesome job, as usual. You are definately becoming one of the better designers around here. B)

For real? Hey--appreciate the compliment for real! I'm workin on that constantly...tryna get my skills up. This is more than just a hobby for me--this is what I wanna make a career out of. But I know that's a super-hard industry to break into. Maybe I should break open my vault and post up some of my other stuff I haven't even gotten to yet...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like their current colors better, but these are sweet. Like the use of the Arch on the shoulders, and the white pants, though don't need 2 different pairs. all around awesome job, as usual. You are definately becoming one of the better designers around here.  B)

For real? Hey--appreciate the compliment for real! I'm workin on that constantly...tryna get my skills up. This is more than just a hobby for me--this is what I wanna make a career out of. But I know that's a super-hard industry to break into. Maybe I should break open my vault and post up some of my other stuff I haven't even gotten to yet...

No Prob. I wanna make a career out of it too. But not going to school regularly and now being almost 25 and still not even having an Associates Degree is starting make me think I'll never get to be one. Oh well, I'll keep truckin. ^_^ But seriously, man, you got some real talent. I especially loved the Browns concept, even if most thought the orange helmets should stay. I would be willing to overlook tradition to go with yours....course, I'm not a Browns fan anyway. :P

I like their current colors better, but these are sweet. Like the use of the Arch on the shoulders, and the white pants, though don't need 2 different pairs. all around awesome job, as usual. You are definately becoming one of the better designers around here.   B)

No Prob. I wanna make a career out of it too. But not going to school regularly and now being almost 25 and still not even having an Associates Degree is starting make me think I'll never get to be one. Oh well, I'll keep truckin. ^_^ But seriously, man, you got some real talent. I especially loved the Browns concept, even if most thought the orange helmets should stay. I would be willing to overlook tradition to go with yours....course, I'm not a Browns fan anyway. :P

Hey...dude...I'm damn near 25 myself, and it's a couple "students" here who are pushin into their GOLDEN years. It's taken me SIX years and (so far) one tour of duty overseas to finally get to graduate (which I won't be doing for another three months). What I'm getting at is this: don't let the age thing or the fact that you aren't in school now deter you. (By the way, this is the THIRD different 2-yr school I've been to, so there you go.) I had to learn that the hard way...if it's what you wanna do, then it's in you to do it. You just gotta go out and get it. KEEP TRUCKIN MY FRIEND! ~*THUMBS UP*~

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 1 year later...

Let today be known as the CCSLC's Unofficial Bump bucco_b's Old Posts Day" !!

To that end, I do really like this concept for the Rams and I'm a fan of bucco_b's work...as I recently sent him a PM just to tell him as much :)

98Falcons.png

Archived