Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is the away set with brown pants and orange/white/orange stripe. IDK...I'm a bit partial to the other one's, I guess because they follow the pattern of the brown jersey!

CB-WJ-BP.png

Agreed... I like the white/orange/white better too. (Although both are so insanely superior to the all-browns that I'd be happy with either)

Here is the away set with brown pants and orange/white/orange stripe. IDK...I'm a bit partial to the other one's, I guess because they follow the pattern of the brown jersey!

CB-WJ-BP.png

I'll take either. I just hope the brown pants stay in the set. I love them!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

CB-WJ-BP.png

Well, both stripe sets follow the brown jersey from a certain perspective. However, this version follows it from the center perspective, same as the white pants and jerseys. Put a white stripe on each side and you have the sleeve stripes exactly. Either way, they badly need some kind of stripes.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here are the unis with a grey facemask and brown pants with white/orange/white stripes as requested! Also a 'brown-out' set for selby56...enjoy!

BrownsGFM-BJ-BP.png

I hate monos and when people mentioned this 'brownout' uni I gagged a little at the thought of it. But I have to admit, it doesn't just not look bad, it looks surprisingly good. BigDub's mockups make it crystal clear that the Browns need to add stripes to the brown pants.

Nice job on the presentation too, BigDub. Those are outstanding. Could you do the Saints' all-black but with pants stripes added?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Nice job on the presentation too, BigDub. Those are outstanding. Could you do the Saints' all-black but with pants stripes added?

Here ya' go!

Away and Home set's have my same modifications...

Jerseys: Wordmark (gold), Reebok logo (gold)

Socks: Medium Stripe (gold)

Helmet: Enlarged logo

MOST IMPORTANT: All gold's match :D

Pants variations include...

> Classic gold with b/w/b stripe

> Black with g/w/g stripe

> Black with w/g/b/g/w stripe and hip logo

Enjoy!

2010Saints-HM-GP.png

2010Saints-AW-GP.png

2010Saints-HM-BP.png

2010Saints-AW-BP.png

2010Saints-HM-BPMV.png

2010Saints-AW-BPMV.png

I'm of the opinion that in "traditional" uniforms, the center stripe of the pants stripe should not be the same color as the jersey. I think it splits the pants into two halves, and flows too much into the jersey. Obviously, the more that teams mix and match, it's hard to adhere to this rule 100% of the time, but it should be used when designing pants for their primary use (i.e. road or home.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

The Browns are a complete mess, from top to bottom. As far as uniforms go, they USED to be one of the most traditional teams in the NFL: their look was virtually unchanged from 1950-74, and then in '75 they added the orange pants and the white facemask which I thought looked great...even a Steelers fan can appreciate the fall colors of orange and brown on their rivals. Other than the disaster of a uniform they experimented with in the '84 preseason, the Browns stayed virtually unchanged until they left the NFL in 1995.

Since they came back in 1999, the Browns have suffered an identity crisis. They've changed the pants striping about five times in ten years, brought out an orange alternate jersey, brought back the orange pants as an alt and then ditched them too, added a controversial 'AL' to their jerseys, brought back the gray facemasks, and tinkered with monochrome brown pants.

They were doing all kinds of modernization, and then brought back a gray facemask?? Pairing that with modern brown pants with no stripes looks RIDICULOUS. Maybe they do these things because they feel they can't tinker with the helmet 'logo' at all. They just need to decide whether to stay 'throwback' or go 'modern.'

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Here ya' go!

Away and Home set's have my same modifications...

Jerseys: Wordmark (gold), Reebok logo (gold)

Socks: Medium Stripe (gold)

Helmet: Enlarged logo

MOST IMPORTANT: All gold's match :D

Pants variations include...

> Classic gold with b/w/b stripe

> Black with g/w/g stripe

> Black with w/g/b/g/w stripe and hip logo

Enjoy!

2010Saints-HM-GP.png

2010Saints-AW-GP.png

2010Saints-HM-BP.png

2010Saints-AW-BP.png

2010Saints-HM-BPMV.png

2010Saints-AW-BPMV.png

Wow, I'm right on top of things...sorry, BigDub, just found this. Thanks for doing them and great job! I really like the last two renditions of the black pants, the ones with the 'piping' stripes and the FDL. That would be such a simple change but would completely upgrade their look.

One thing though...did you happen to try gold socks with the black pants?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived