The long awaited Sabres jerseys

Sabrejeff

If anything I am glad they have the number up there instead of the secondary logo like how it was rumored. That would have looked really dumb having 2 logos on the front!

Just wait until you see the road jersey. Word is no numbers there with the "B-sabre" logo instead and the wordmark is below the logo. If they changed their minds at the last second, I could be wrong.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the jersey isn't too bad unfortunately the logo is puke. the numbers on the front of the jersey doesn't bother me. Its been done before so it isn't anything too radical.

I'd like to see what JS's logo upgrade would look like on this jersey. Speaking of which, is there anyway someone can make a mock up of what this jersey looks like on a template?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Something I haven't seen mentioned is the number font.

It'd different than the old one. It looks so daggone familar though. And yet, as far as I can tell, no team in the NHL, NFL, or MLB currently use the font...

JP? Someone? Ease my pain please...

By the way...ewww on the jersey. Sure, the template's probably not awful, but it looks pretty obvious to me it would take more than a logo change to make the jersey really nice.

It's a new poor jersey, a new really poor logo, and new meh colors (blue and yellow is good, navy and deep yellow is fine, navy, deep yellow, and grey is just dumb).

I find myself wanting to go to Coyotes games now with enough signs to spell out:

Get these M**** F**** Slugs off my M**** F**** Ice!

Then again, I'm mean.

That would sound 1000x funnier if Samuel L Jackson was saying it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Numbers on the Front Soccer style? And Stripes up the side?  White stripes on the upper sleeve? Gold lower?

Don't think there's stripe on the side, looks like the sleeve is folded upward; which wouldn' be that new since the Black Sabres' shirts have stripes on the side, Sharks' Teals have 'em (sort of) the RBK Practice shirts have it. I was actually expecting a Practice looking shirt, or one with a collar, like 2000 All Star

nhl20asw20forsberg200020fji2.th.jpg

I was really afraid that this is what the shirt would look like. Note that the number in the front HAS BEEN DONE before in the NHL...

I personnally like the new colour and texture, but I'm curious about the weight and breathability.

I made the mistake of picking the Trashers' Navy (with sublimated striping) for our hockey team, and almost every game, someone complains about how hot they are.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I've got to say from what I've seen so far of the home jersey....I kind of like it. I did like the mockups with the wordmark there, but with the striping how it is...nice.

I'm still kind of scared f the white jersey. I like the numbers on the front and do not think the "B" logo in its place would look good at all.

Can;t wait to go see in person tomorrow!

Something I haven't seen mentioned is the number font.

It'd different than the old one. It looks so daggone familar though. And yet, as far as I can tell, no team in the NHL, NFL, or MLB currently use the font...

JP? Someone? Ease my pain please...

A modified version of Agency Gothic.

Currently used by the Indiana Pacers.

Makes sense, since the logo is a modified version of Bank Gothic, and the two are derivatives from the same type family.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

For a team that can do so much with their stuff, they've seemed to disappoint again. This has been mentioned a million times, but isn't their name the Sabres? Shouldn't they have a blade as their logo? Aren't they from Buffalo? They are not the Buffalos. Best logos they had was the cross swords on the red jersey and the B with the sword through it. That should be their primary and secondary respectively.

KISSwall09.jpg

JS- sorry to do this but....

GollyRoger01.jpg

oh what could have been.

I think that is a great logo, but for some reason, I think that the new jersey looks better w/ the slug logo. It probably has to do w/ the "swoop" and "slashing" nature of the logo. All of the revised "crest" logos that I have seen floating around are more of a new take on a more traditional logo, and thus probably would look better on a more traditional looking jersey. Just my two cents; still good logo you have there (JS).

JS- sorry to do this but....

GollyRoger01.jpg

oh what could have been.

Looking at the sleeves, the striping almost looks like the Leafs alternates they had for a while. Although probaby not as many stripes as their neighbors to the north

This logo looks a lot better then the slug.

I like the slug personally.....dwelling on what could have been isn't gonna do :censored:

The full logo with the wordmark inside the center ice circle at HSBC Arena is absolutely hideous.

The wordmark itself with the big "SABRES" on it looks like something a kid could write.

I don't remember if it was here or on another forum, but I remember a comment where it was said that

it looks like a cheap college hockey logo painted on the ice. I agree.

As much as I don't like the "slug" logo, the jersey itself isn't bad at all. I would probably be in protest

of the player number on the front if the number font was different and was an ugly one.

The "slug" logo by itself in the brighter yellow color on the jersey is definitely better.

As for the sleeve striping, only from this picture it reminds me of the Nashville Predators alternate jersey sleeves.

I'm referring to the silver striping. I am worried about what the white road jersey will look like.

I really like the colors here. I wish they'd see how the original logo or even John Slabyk's logo concepts

would look on the new home jersey. I see someone did "Photoshop" one of John's concepts on it.

Looks better, but would need the silver and/or white outlining on it though so it's not out of place as far as detailing goes.

I find myself wanting to go to Coyotes games now with enough signs to spell out:

Get these M**** F**** Slugs off my M**** F**** Ice!

Then again, I'm mean.

That would sound 1000x funnier if Samuel L Jackson was saying it.

So true, but I don't see him joining me at Glendale Arena any time soon.

/cry

So I guess this element on the jersey that "No other NHL team has" is the numbers on the front?

If so, then woopity doo! who cares. I was expecting some huge new design element.

Does anyone else think that the white stripes or piping or whatever, isn't just on the sleeves? It looks like its on the actual body of the jersey.

Archived