The long awaited Sabres jerseys

Sabrejeff

I decided to give myself a day to digest the unveiling of the entire package, and then post my opinion. And my opinion is that logo is still incomplete, with or without a wordmark, but the uniforms are pretty nice.

I'm disturbed that the jerseys don't have any hem/wasit stripes, as that could be a harbinger of things to come, but the sleeves rock! I really dig the pattern and the silver armpit thingy, too. However, I don't think this really works for the Sabres. As others have stated, the package doesn't fit the client. Does that mean I hate it? No, it means that the Sabres should've gone a different direction, and this template should've been presented to some other team..

All that being said, the cut of the jersey does interest/concern me. It certainly looks "slimmer" than the jerseys we've become used to, but it doesn't look as bad as the Swifts. More than anything, it reminds me of a previous era...

francis_cooperalls_tall.jpg

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I decided to give myself a day to digest the unveiling of the entire package, and then post my opinion. And my opinion is that logo is still incomplete, with or without a wordmark, but the uniforms are pretty nice.

I'm disturbed that the jerseys don't have any hem/wasit stripes, as that could be a harbinger of things to come, but the sleeves rock! I really dig the pattern and the silver armpit thingy, too. However, I don't think this really works for the Sabres. As others have stated, the package doesn't fit the client. Does that mean I hate it? No, it means that the Sabres should've gone a different direction, and this template should've been presented to some other team..

All that being said, the cut of the jersey does interest/concern me. It certainly looks "slimmer" than the jerseys we've become used to, but it doesn't look as bad as the Swifts. More than anything, it reminds me of a previous era...

am i the only one that thinks those longs pants are cool

I decided to give myself a day to digest the unveiling of the entire package, and then post my opinion.  And my opinion is that logo is still incomplete, with or without a wordmark, but the uniforms are pretty nice.

I'm disturbed that the jerseys don't have any hem/wasit stripes, as that could be a harbinger of things to come, but the sleeves rock!  I really dig the pattern and the silver armpit thingy, too.  However, I don't think this really works for the Sabres.  As others have stated, the package doesn't fit the client.  Does that mean I hate it?  No, it means that the Sabres should've gone a different direction, and this template should've been presented to some other team..

All that being said, the cut of the jersey does interest/concern me.  It certainly looks "slimmer" than the jerseys we've become used to, but it doesn't look as bad as the Swifts.  More than anything, it reminds me of a previous era...

Yes.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Other than the obvious logo issue, my only two complaints are:

1 - With all of the contrasting color on the side and no horizontal stripe or color toward the bottom of the jersey it makes it look more like a fancy house league or practice jersey. Just way too much solid color when viewing from the front.

2 - As a player, the dark sleeves on the white jersey will cause confusion when catching a player out of the corner of your eye. One of the Sabres players even said as much. IMO it could cause some turnover passes.

Other than that, I do like the color combination.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

I decided to give myself a day to digest the unveiling of the entire package, and then post my opinion.  And my opinion is that logo is still incomplete, with or without a wordmark, but the uniforms are pretty nice.

I'm disturbed that the jerseys don't have any hem/wasit stripes, as that could be a harbinger of things to come, but the sleeves rock!  I really dig the pattern and the silver armpit thingy, too.  However, I don't think this really works for the Sabres.  As others have stated, the package doesn't fit the client.  Does that mean I hate it?  No, it means that the Sabres should've gone a different direction, and this template should've been presented to some other team..

All that being said, the cut of the jersey does interest/concern me.  It certainly looks "slimmer" than the jerseys we've become used to, but it doesn't look as bad as the Swifts.  More than anything, it reminds me of a previous era...

Yes.

No.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Cool looking? In a way.

Safe? No.

Cool looking? In a way.

Safe? No.

Funny how the OHL wore them until the end of the 1980's and if I remember correctly, they may have been wearing them before the NHL adopted them. If I could find my Petes 50th Anniversary book, I could check but for now, thats what I remember.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Cool looking? In a way.

Safe? No.

cooperalls arent safe? how so?

They don't provide as much protection as the traditional combo of hockey pants/shingaurds do. That's why they were ditched after two seasons, they couldn't protect the players.

uni_before.jpg

uni_repair.jpg

Oh man, that's 100x better. The jersey layout still leaves a lot to be desired, but all your changes really make a world of difference.

thanks, and agreed ... the jersey template looks like they handed a kid a pencil and said, if you could dress the hockey players and make them look like superheroes, from the year 2045, that'd be great.

I merely did this as a compromise piece, and also to show how many poor decisions were made along the way with this new uniform. colors, patterning, logo, business, etc.

hey guys .. had a touch of free time today, and decided to experiment ... let me know what you all think (before and after shots):

uni_before.jpg

uni_repair.jpg

Before & After Report Card

BEFORE

Colors - C

Logos - F

Jersey Design - D

AFTER

Colors - A

Logos - B

Jersey Design - D

hey guys .. had a touch of free time today, and decided to experiment ... let me know what you all think (before and after shots):

uni_before.jpg

uni_repair.jpg

Don't like the Jersey sleeve regardless of color. Don't Like The Buffalo.

Your Alt Buffalo looks better. (But not Perfect) And your 03 Ring and Sabers looks better.(Ideal actually) This one looks like a Bicycle tire or Donut. A result of the Thinner Sabres?

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

Yeah, but that's California, where most of the population has no idea there is a hockey team there...Or two even.

To be honest, there's three teams... <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

These designs are here to stay.  Jerseys were sold out within and hour and all of the new merchandise sold out today as well.

Hah. i do have to say thats pretty funny. I went to the pond first thing this morning because the new jerseys went on sale to the public for the first time as well today. I got there pretty early because I expected it to be PACKED. It was deader than a doornail all day long. Id be suprised if they sold 20 jerseys all day.

I stopped in to look at stuff today at the Sabres store about 5 minutes before they closed today, and the shelves were pretty stocked. Clearly some stuff had sold out, but there was plenty of hats and t-shirts and flags, etc, left.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived